Aaron Hernandez bisexual (speculation) UPDATE

pmedic920

Reaction score

mrt144

Reaction score
pmedic920":2iy0dm4p said:
Here's one link. There are plenty more if you're interested in this aspect of the story.
http://www.towleroad.com/2017/04/aaron- ... -bisexual/

Personally, I couldn't care less about his, or anybody else's sexual preference.

This does however offer a bit of understanding, if you buy into the speculation.

I think the alleged 3rd note is telling, if true as being reported.

Edit: 2nd link.
http://www.bet.com/news/national/2017/0 ... l-his.html

That this is the kinda stuff that comes up from being bi is why most bi males like myself don't go around advertising it, let alone sharing it with anyone but the closest of the close. Unless I can directly parlay it into fun times, nobody needs to know because if anything in my life goes sideways some joker somewhere is going to look at that one aspect of who I am and essentialize all bi men or me being 'off'.

I was even reluctant to replying to this but afaik im probably one of the only unenviable people seemingly having to go to bat for that PoS

mrt144

Reaction score
I'll also say that the way sports function in high school socially (the highest level I played at) aren't really good places to be if you're bi or gay, at least 15-20 years ago when I was there.

Not only are you grappling with your own sexuality and the hormonal steroids of that age period, you're in an environment with 20+ dudes who aren't like you and are so wrapped up in their own selves that any admission of non hetero-normative feelings is like "holy shit, mrt144 is looking at me with the same debauched intent that I harbor for girls in my class and vocally describe in great detail to the fawning of my fellow teammates". Nothing is more preposterous than how mediocre straight men flatter themselves when trying out the whole 'empathy' thing. I assure you, among my baseball teammates not a looker in the bunch.

One of the reasons I dropped out of high school was that the single draw of sports stopped being what I wanted it to be (a place where I could get away from academic, social and behavior difficulties) and basically became yet another hen house I didn't feel part of - I always stood out because I didn't get down to macho chest thumping bravado about girls (and chided teammates at times for it, cause goddamnit, we got a ballgame to win) and many teammates just thought I was gay outright because I was always super standoffish about sexual stuff but how could I ever be part of it? Even now when it comes up in passing, some people are fascinated by bi sexuality like we're alien fence sitters who need convincing arguments from earthlings to go one direction and never look back...

Also, given the religious underpinnings of Hernandez, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if there was an additional layer of turmoil there which ramped up his perceived social loss if it came to light. For a guy like me who is married and a bit asocial it wouldn't shake the pillars of earth if that came out now (and as I said previously, it's not something I advertise or invoke unsolicited) but I can imagine threatening someone with a baseball bat in my mid teen years, not only because it would out me to all the guys who are part of something I enjoyed in team sports but salt my game with every girl at my school because by and large, teen girls react adversely to that info as well, at least in the late 90s.

The good news is that a change of scenery to Seattle in my early 20s and being in an art-school environment with other guys and gals who went through similar things and not feeling completely alone made having a social life a pleasure, not a burden. I think it's obvious that Hernandez wouldn't take that opportunity even if presented, there's just way too much baggage and investment in an outward appearance that didnt allow for him exist as a bi gangster or dogmatic Christian or top flight athlete.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
mrt144":b6cahg2n said:
I'll also say that the way sports function in high school socially (the highest level I played at) aren't really good places to be if you're bi or gay, at least 15-20 years ago when I was there.

Not only are you grappling with your own sexuality and the hormonal steroids of that age period, you're in an environment with 20+ dudes who aren't like you and are so wrapped up in their own selves that any admission of non hetero-normative feelings is like "holy shit, mrt144 is looking at me with the same debauched intent that I harbor for girls in my class and vocally describe in great detail to the fawning of my fellow teammates". Nothing is more preposterous than how mediocre straight men flatter themselves when trying out the whole 'empathy' thing. I assure you, among my baseball teammates not a looker in the bunch.

One of the reasons I dropped out of high school was that the single draw of sports stopped being what I wanted it to be (a place where I could get away from academic, social and behavior difficulties) and basically became yet another hen house I didn't feel part of - I always stood out because I didn't get down to macho chest thumping bravado about girls (and chided teammates at times for it, cause goddamnit, we got a ballgame to win) and many teammates just thought I was gay outright because I was always super standoffish about sexual stuff but how could I ever be part of it? Even now when it comes up in passing, some people are fascinated by bi sexuality like we're alien fence sitters who need convincing arguments from earthlings to go one direction and never look back...

Also, given the religious underpinnings of Hernandez, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if there was an additional layer of turmoil there which ramped up his perceived social loss if it came to light. For a guy like me who is married and a bit asocial it wouldn't shake the pillars of earth if that came out now (and as I said previously, it's not something I advertise or invoke unsolicited) but I can imagine threatening someone with a baseball bat in my mid teen years, not only because it would out me to all the guys who are part of something I enjoyed in team sports but salt my game with every girl at my school because by and large, teen girls react adversely to that info as well, at least in the late 90s.

The good news is that a change of scenery to Seattle in my early 20s and being in an art-school environment with other guys and gals who went through similar things and not feeling completely alone made having a social life a pleasure, not a burden. I think it's obvious that Hernandez wouldn't take that opportunity even if presented, there's just way too much baggage and investment in an outward appearance that didnt allow for him exist as a bi gangster or dogmatic Christian or top flight athlete.

Thumbs up.
Not my cup of tea but I applaud you for speaking up.

It's simply a sad testimony that this may all revolve around being afraid to be "outed".

BostonBlackie

Reaction score
mrt144":3iyu3put said:
The good news is that a change of scenery to Seattle in my early 20s and being in an art-school environment with other guys and gals who went through similar things and not feeling completely alone made having a social life a pleasure, not a burden.

I'm glad that worked out for you that way. Are you still in the arts?

mrt144

Reaction score
BostonBlackie":1buiepj9 said:
mrt144":1buiepj9 said:
The good news is that a change of scenery to Seattle in my early 20s and being in an art-school environment with other guys and gals who went through similar things and not feeling completely alone made having a social life a pleasure, not a burden.

I'm glad that worked out for you that way. Are you still in the arts?

No, I still do music on the side but my career is IT. I am a creature of comfort.

Optimus25

Reaction score

Seafan

Reaction score
Optimus25":26d5grsy said:
Seafan":26d5grsy said:
There is no evidence that AH was gay. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... are-false/

A British tabloid started that story. Amazing how everyone jumps all over that chit.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/aar ... 9cb9195dd9

Theres tons of information pointing towards gay flings online. Not just a british tabloid.

There are millions of blog posts about it too. What does that mean? If it's online it must be true. :stirthepot: :pukeface:

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I know a guy, who knows a girl, whose brother said that Aaron Hernandez told him one time TO HIS FACE that he thought he was cute.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
So basically Hernandez wasn't just turned "prison gay" but actually was that way from the beginning, correct?

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":ypviadla said:
So basically Hernandez wasn't just turned "prison gay" but actually was that way from the beginning, correct?

It's all just speculation but there is lots of stuff out there pointing to him being "bisexual" not "gay".

None of it should matter but the fact is, we live in a society that it still matters to many.

If it is ever proven that the fear of being "outed" played a role in the original murder or his suicide, that's proof in my eyes, that it even matters to people that live the lifestyle.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
how gross is it we live in a society where a lawyer is defending the 'honor' of a convicted murderer over his sexuality because speculation he's bi is 'hurting his character'?

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Seanhawk":18n7fhhx said:
Basically? Did you even read my post?
No. Skimmed it some. However, basically just means "in essence" or "in summary" in the context i intended to convey.