****UPDATED*****

I went on Thursday it was a great experience. Some pictures

61b41cab8194f956467de32c4ad8b813.jpg

398f23cd4cf2fa5e5181b0f7652df7fb.jpg

25499430de842293509d09ae95e25134.jpg

41e1b384d85c303d8b99c7f6c1202534.jpg

554c1cb4be237956409521147debd7a1.jpg

2a9956fc7305d60c899f19fea945c85a.jpg

The area was huge so it was alot of ground to cover, I do have lots of pictures and had my flag so I was hooking up with other Hawk fans. If it ever comes to your city check it out

The crowd size wasn't bad. I had arrived when it opened and left before it jammed up.

Damn missed a picture with Prime Time, he was walking in as we had been leaving about a block from the entrance. He was on his phone and didn't want to bother him.

If you had a chance to attend the outside draft party would you go?

I live an hour and a half north of Philly and just not sure if I should go. First off the city is a mess when nothing is going on and me being 50ish I sure as hell I'm not running the 40 yard dash or throwing Football s 80 yards. I don't really care about the players autographs

It would be cool to see the Vince Lombard and George Halas trophies, some of the Hof busts and all of the Superbowl rings. They have the cheerleaders (Jacksonville) I guess they feel sorry for them and (Redskins) that will go over well, at least they can't throw snow balls at them.
They have bands playing as well. Lots of other interesting experiences.

So my issue is how many times would I get this opportunity? Everything is free and the ride down would cost me much. Other problem can't find anyone to go with me during the day.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
CHawk":1dso64f8 said:

I live an hour and a half north of Philly and just not sure if I should go. First off the city is a mess when nothing is going on and me being 50ish I sure as hell I'm not running the 40 yard dash or throwing Football s 80 yards. I don't really care about the players autographs

It would be cool to see the Vince Lombard and George Halas trophies, some of the Hof busts and all of the Superbowl rings. They have the cheerleaders (Jacksonville) I guess they feel sorry for them and (Redskins) that will go over well, at least they can't throw snow balls at them.

So my issue is how many times would I get this opportunity? Everything is free and the ride down would cost me much. Other problem can't find anyone to go with me during the day.

They say we go to experience some things in this life. Some are wasted on other ventures. I am in my 50s as well and would probably not see this as a big deal. I cherish the ball games I go to rather than the tweener things in life. My buddy and me are gonna find somewhere to watch the first day of the draft somewhere close as his team has some picks...like numma 2. And it may be interesting for what other teams do. Just an opinion.

mrt144

Reaction score
CHawk":ej7wvr1y said:

90 minute drive? Nah. If you were like a 10 minute cab ride and didn't have plans why not? The draft is one of those things where I just don't see the hoopla - you can't possibly know all the players with sufficient detail to be satisfied, you can't actually evaluate them for some months after, you don't get a full picture on the worth of the draft pick usually until a few seasons in.

Now if you drank a case of beer and heckled...well that's just another Thursday in Philly, right?

chris98251

Reaction score
Maybe once, but I Iike being able to see the picks announced, look up the profiles in between picks, look at the big board of whose left and hear projections. I don't think I could do that at the draft and would mostly be sitting and waiting for a long period of time and bored. Not wanting to lose my seat if I had a decent one if I left and came back in to get some food etc as well.

OP
OP
CHawk

CHawk

Reaction score
mrt144":3mmeylsi said:
CHawk":3mmeylsi said:

90 minute drive? Nah. If you were like a 10 minute cab ride and didn't have plans why not? The draft is one of those things where I just don't see the hoopla - you can't possibly know all the players with sufficient detail to be satisfied, you can't actually evaluate them for some months after, you don't get a full picture on the worth of the draft pick usually until a few seasons in.

Now if you drank a case of beer and heckled...well that's just another Thursday in Philly, right?
Yep just another day in Philly!

OP
OP
CHawk

CHawk

Reaction score
All this is going on during the day, starts at noon before the actual draft on Thursday and goes on for the three days. I would be home before the picks. Sorry I didn't explain it better.

OP
OP
CHawk

CHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":2s9jeulg said:
I live in Texas.

I commute 1 hour 45 minutes to work.

Go if you want too, don't go if you you don't want to.

:{)
Thanks man always words of wisdom.
I have to thank you for the help at the pregame in Dallas 2 years ago getting me to the sign in booth. Came back after getting some grub and you guys had left your car.

pmedic920

Reaction score
CHawk":11r34bu7 said:
pmedic920":11r34bu7 said:
I live in Texas.

I have to thank you for the help at the pregame in Dallas 2 years ago getting me to the sign in booth. Came back after getting some grub and you guys had left your car.

Ha, sorry bro but you can't really hold me accountable after 3 hours of tailgating:{)

I'll probably go to the Dallas game on Xmas eve this year. The party will be as good or better.

OP
OP
CHawk

CHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":ucamleqt said:
CHawk":ucamleqt said:
pmedic920":ucamleqt said:
I live in Texas.

Ha, sorry bro but you can't really hold me accountable after 3 hours of tailgating:{)

I'll probably go to the Dallas game on Xmas eve this year. The party will be as good or better.
Lol, going to Cards and Giants games this year. Bring the noise in Jerry's world.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I probably would have gone in the 90s or so. Not sure I'd do it today.