Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Christine Michael to be cut

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Christine Michael to be cut
Mon May 01, 2017 8:40 am

Re: Christine Michael to be cut
Mon May 01, 2017 9:38 am
  • Thank god, now we can pick him up to save the run game :)

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon May 01, 2017 11:04 am
  • Sure he will get picked up somewhere before training camp. Last year was his best year, even though he bounced around a bit.
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

Mon May 01, 2017 11:35 am
  • Surprised he didn't at least last long enough to lose the competition in training camp.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Tue May 02, 2017 12:46 am
  • CFL time.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Tue May 02, 2017 6:49 am
  • Some things you just can't fix / coach.
    "Our Quarterback is a Bad Man!" - Michael Robinson
    Foghawk
    NET Veteran

Tue May 02, 2017 6:57 am
  • Foghawk wrote:Some things you just can't fix / coach.

When he first came back for his second gig here, he seemed to "get it" on the work effort thing.

Didn't last, though.

:229031_shrug:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Tue May 02, 2017 6:36 pm
  • Why do I have a sneaking suspicion we haven't seen the last of Michael in a Hawk uniform?

If Rawls or Prosise go down, don't be shocked if CM is here yet again in the middle of the season. Honestly, who would you prefer seeing as the backup-Collins or Michael?

Carson is TBD and likely to start on the PS IMO.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Tue May 02, 2017 8:12 pm
  • West TX Hawk wrote:Why do I have a sneaking suspicion we haven't seen the last of Michael in a Hawk uniform?

If Rawls or Prosise go down, don't be shocked if CM is here yet again in the middle of the season. Honestly, who would you prefer seeing as the backup-Collins or Michael?

I'll take Collins all day every day over Michael.
    BEVELL IS THE DEVIL
    bevellisthedevil
    NET Veteran

Wed May 03, 2017 12:25 pm
  • West TX Hawk wrote:Why do I have a sneaking suspicion we haven't seen the last of Michael in a Hawk uniform?

Collins, and it's not close.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Wed May 03, 2017 2:34 pm
  • Chapow wrote:
    West TX Hawk wrote:Why do I have a sneaking suspicion we haven't seen the last of Michael in a Hawk uniform?

Collins was hot garbage last season. He looked like the reincarnation of Julius Jones, I'd rather have Micheal carrying the load than Collins.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Wed May 03, 2017 2:48 pm
  • Well when the team drafted a TE, Christine's chances with the team to fight for his job, came to an end.
    Autumn Winds!
    Passepartout
    NET Rookie

Wed May 03, 2017 3:09 pm
  • Spin Doctor wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    West TX Hawk wrote:Why do I have a sneaking suspicion we haven't seen the last of Michael in a Hawk uniform?

Collins was hot garbage last season. He looked like the reincarnation of Julius Jones, I'd rather have Micheal carrying the load than Collins.

From everything I've seen, Michael is a great athlete, who, for whatever reason, can't seem to get on the same page as his teammates on the field. The coaches kept Collins for Michael for a reason. Michael has bounced around unable to stick with a team for a reason. All in all, I don't look forward to a lot of Collins, and I hope that Rawls and Lacy can stay healthy all year long, but Michael has been giving plenty of chances.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Wed May 03, 2017 5:05 pm
  • Foghawk wrote:Some things you just can't fix / coach.

Apparently, dumb as a rock is one of them.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Thu May 04, 2017 8:37 am
  • Spin Doctor wrote:
    Chapow wrote:

I don't think Collins looked like a superstar or anything, but "Hot Garbage" is a little much. Before week 14 he only had a total of 10 carries and almost all of those were in short yardage situations against defenses that were stacking the box to stop a short gain on the ground. In total he had only 31 carries on the year with almost half of those coming in the last 2 games in which he looked pretty good IMO. I specifically remember in week 17 our running game doing absolutely nothing until they gave Collins a series and Collins performing very well with that opportunity (7 carries, 55 yards).

At the end of the day though, I don't really think that 31 carries over the course of an entire season is a whole lot to base any conclusions on, but I certainly wouldn't agree that he was hot garbage. On the contrary, I liked what I saw out of him once he was finally given a couple of real opportunities in the last couple games of the season.

I think it's a real shame, but at this point I think Michael is a lost cause. There's a reason he keeps getting cut from team after team.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Thu May 04, 2017 9:07 am
  • Writing was on the wall when GB drafted a bunch of running backs.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Thu May 04, 2017 9:09 am
  • The_Z_Man wrote:
    Foghawk wrote:Some things you just can't fix / coach.

Apparently, dumb as a rock is one of them.

Can't say if he's dumb or not, but he's shown a number of times a lack of common sense / situational awareness on plays. IMO you can't teach common sense.
    Foghawk
    NET Veteran

Thu May 04, 2017 9:26 am
  • The thing that always stuck out to me is that Michael looks like he's frantic or that his feet can't keep up with his head and what he wants to do. It's like he's going 110% all of the time, no matter the situation, and it makes him very wild/clumsy/prone to having momentary lapses in judgement. I never saw him or his game as lacking effort or athletic ability, I just think the game moves to fast for him some of the time. He's like the anti-thesis to Le'Veon Bell.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Thu May 04, 2017 1:02 pm
  • What's the NFL record for being cut?

Michael reminds me of a couple kids I've coached with soccer and baseball over the years..........SUPREMELY athletically gifted, but for some reason or another could never focus and put it all together to be a great player.

Always making mental mistakes. Michael is that sort of RB, all the talent and speed, 30% of the intelligence, focus and drive needed to be successful.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu May 04, 2017 2:52 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:What's the NFL record for being cut?

Michael reminds me of a couple kids I've coached with soccer and baseball over the years..........SUPREMELY athletically gifted, but for some reason or another could never focus and put it all together to be a great player.

Always making mental mistakes. Michael is that sort of RB, all the talent and speed, 30% of the intelligence, focus and drive needed to be successful.

I've dealt with the same thing coaching middle school age kids as well, It's a little maddening if you don't keep it in perspective. It's really the basis of my initial comment in this thread. Got a kid this season that should be the best player in the league, but his focus from play to play let alone game to game is all over the place.
    Foghawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:52 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information