Christine Michael to be cut

MrThortan

Reaction score
Sure he will get picked up somewhere before training camp. Last year was his best year, even though he bounced around a bit.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Surprised he didn't at least last long enough to lose the competition in training camp.

sutz

Reaction score
Foghawk":3h70kk8i said:
Some things you just can't fix / coach.
When he first came back for his second gig here, he seemed to "get it" on the work effort thing.

Didn't last, though.

:229031_shrug:

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Why do I have a sneaking suspicion we haven't seen the last of Michael in a Hawk uniform?

If Rawls or Prosise go down, don't be shocked if CM is here yet again in the middle of the season. Honestly, who would you prefer seeing as the backup-Collins or Michael?

Carson is TBD and likely to start on the PS IMO.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":1dmkzo55 said:
Why do I have a sneaking suspicion we haven't seen the last of Michael in a Hawk uniform?

If Rawls or Prosise go down, don't be shocked if CM is here yet again in the middle of the season. Honestly, who would you prefer seeing as the backup-Collins or Michael?

I'll take Collins all day every day over Michael.

Chapow

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2n0uyd8h said:

Collins, and it's not close.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Chapow":1g1frmy4 said:
West TX Hawk":1g1frmy4 said:

Collins was hot garbage last season. He looked like the reincarnation of Julius Jones, I'd rather have Micheal carrying the load than Collins.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3nkfw59j said:
Chapow":3nkfw59j said:
West TX Hawk":3nkfw59j said:

Collins was hot garbage last season. He looked like the reincarnation of Julius Jones, I'd rather have Micheal carrying the load than Collins.

From everything I've seen, Michael is a great athlete, who, for whatever reason, can't seem to get on the same page as his teammates on the field. The coaches kept Collins for Michael for a reason. Michael has bounced around unable to stick with a team for a reason. All in all, I don't look forward to a lot of Collins, and I hope that Rawls and Lacy can stay healthy all year long, but Michael has been giving plenty of chances.

Chapow

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2vclz6en said:
Chapow":2vclz6en said:
West TX Hawk":2vclz6en said:

I don't think Collins looked like a superstar or anything, but "Hot Garbage" is a little much. Before week 14 he only had a total of 10 carries and almost all of those were in short yardage situations against defenses that were stacking the box to stop a short gain on the ground. In total he had only 31 carries on the year with almost half of those coming in the last 2 games in which he looked pretty good IMO. I specifically remember in week 17 our running game doing absolutely nothing until they gave Collins a series and Collins performing very well with that opportunity (7 carries, 55 yards).

At the end of the day though, I don't really think that 31 carries over the course of an entire season is a whole lot to base any conclusions on, but I certainly wouldn't agree that he was hot garbage. On the contrary, I liked what I saw out of him once he was finally given a couple of real opportunities in the last couple games of the season.

I think it's a real shame, but at this point I think Michael is a lost cause. There's a reason he keeps getting cut from team after team.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Writing was on the wall when GB drafted a bunch of running backs.

Foghawk

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1wdhyez9 said:
Foghawk":1wdhyez9 said:
Some things you just can't fix / coach.

Apparently, dumb as a rock is one of them.

Can't say if he's dumb or not, but he's shown a number of times a lack of common sense / situational awareness on plays. IMO you can't teach common sense.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
The thing that always stuck out to me is that Michael looks like he's frantic or that his feet can't keep up with his head and what he wants to do. It's like he's going 110% all of the time, no matter the situation, and it makes him very wild/clumsy/prone to having momentary lapses in judgement. I never saw him or his game as lacking effort or athletic ability, I just think the game moves to fast for him some of the time. He's like the anti-thesis to Le'Veon Bell.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
What's the NFL record for being cut?

Michael reminds me of a couple kids I've coached with soccer and baseball over the years..........SUPREMELY athletically gifted, but for some reason or another could never focus and put it all together to be a great player.

Always making mental mistakes. Michael is that sort of RB, all the talent and speed, 30% of the intelligence, focus and drive needed to be successful.

Foghawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1so2ryub said:
What's the NFL record for being cut?

Michael reminds me of a couple kids I've coached with soccer and baseball over the years..........SUPREMELY athletically gifted, but for some reason or another could never focus and put it all together to be a great player.

Always making mental mistakes. Michael is that sort of RB, all the talent and speed, 30% of the intelligence, focus and drive needed to be successful.

I've dealt with the same thing coaching middle school age kids as well, It's a little maddening if you don't keep it in perspective. It's really the basis of my initial comment in this thread. Got a kid this season that should be the best player in the league, but his focus from play to play let alone game to game is all over the place.