Article about Jeddy from the unapproved Tim Kawakami.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Since York's tweet apologizing to the fans after the 9ers lost at home to the Seahawks toward the back of Harbaugh's last season, he's clearly stated a ton of times that his policy is that he won't talk to or engage with media during the season, but will do during the off-season.

It's funny because since then TK trolls him during the season for NOT talking to the media, and then trolls him during the off-season FOR talking to the media.

I listened to the podcast, and in context I don't think York's comments came off as bad. They were platitudinous, but an owner saying anything but platitudes is almost always a bad thing.

What Kawakami leaves out is that Peter King asked him about Harbaugh, and if he had any regrets about having fired Harbaugh. Here was the full response:

“I don’t know if ‘regret’ is the right word. We had a lot of success together. We tried several times to get an extension done with Jim and, for whatever reason, those didn’t culminate. And ultimately, as successful as he was here, I think Jim is very happy. He’s doing an unbelievable job at Michigan.

“We obviously didn’t have success after Jim left — I don’t know if we’d be sitting here with John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan if something happened. And I don’t know if it would have worked in the long-term if we did get something done.

“I regret how we performed the last two years. I regret that the relationship was frayed between me and a coach that did a lot of great things for this franchise.

“I actually talked to his brother John briefly at the owners’ meeting and he said, ‘You know, you guys need to get together some time and have dinner,’ and I said, ‘I’d love to do that.’ I’d love to get together. And I think enough time has kind of passed where you can let whatever issues were there be buried and just truly be thankful for three great years when nobody expected us, certainly in 2011, to beat the Saints the way we did, to get close and, you know, be two muffed punts away from going to a Super Bowl in ‘11. Just all the things that happened.

“I’d love to sit down with Jim. Not in front of cameras, not in front of anybody else, but just share an evening with him and truly say thank you and wish him the best of luck. Not obviously when he plays Notre Dame, but for the rest of the season, wish him the best of luck.”

So, I absolutely agree that Jed York is a twit and I absolutely agree with Kawakami that Harbaugh isn't eager to have a meal with Jed York, but for as much of a twit as York is, I think he handled the answer to this question well. The twit-thing to do would be to still be petty or to try to fully defend everything that went down. Instead, York did the adult thing which was to be magnanimous and extend an olive branch that likely won't ever be picked up.

Jville

Reaction score
York hasn't been muzzled by a nondisclosure mandate. And given that Jim has been muzzled by his former employer, York will likely continue at will with phony window dressing and insincere story telling.

Kawakami is correct in that Lynch and Shanahan can revive and reshape 49ers culture into a proud and successful community. Unfortunately, I have doubts about Jed York staying out of the way.

I am looking forward to Jim Harbaugh's biography. The chapter on York promises to be revealing.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
York only shows his face when fans are in a good mood. He has no spine.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3vjjwe5c said:
Since York's tweet apologizing to the fans after the 9ers lost at home to the Seahawks toward the back of Harbaugh's last season, he's clearly stated a ton of times that his policy is that he won't talk to or engage with media during the season, but will do during the off-season.

It's funny because since then TK trolls him during the season for NOT talking to the media, and then trolls him during the off-season FOR talking to the media.

I listened to the podcast, and in context I don't think York's comments came off as bad. They were platitudinous, but an owner saying anything but platitudes is almost always a bad thing.

What Kawakami leaves out is that Peter King asked him about Harbaugh, and if he had any regrets about having fired Harbaugh. Here was the full response:

“I don’t know if ‘regret’ is the right word. We had a lot of success together. We tried several times to get an extension done with Jim and, for whatever reason, those didn’t culminate. And ultimately, as successful as he was here, I think Jim is very happy. He’s doing an unbelievable job at Michigan.

“We obviously didn’t have success after Jim left — I don’t know if we’d be sitting here with John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan if something happened. And I don’t know if it would have worked in the long-term if we did get something done.

“I regret how we performed the last two years. I regret that the relationship was frayed between me and a coach that did a lot of great things for this franchise.

“I actually talked to his brother John briefly at the owners’ meeting and he said, ‘You know, you guys need to get together some time and have dinner,’ and I said, ‘I’d love to do that.’ I’d love to get together. And I think enough time has kind of passed where you can let whatever issues were there be buried and just truly be thankful for three great years when nobody expected us, certainly in 2011, to beat the Saints the way we did, to get close and, you know, be two muffed punts away from going to a Super Bowl in ‘11. Just all the things that happened.

“I’d love to sit down with Jim. Not in front of cameras, not in front of anybody else, but just share an evening with him and truly say thank you and wish him the best of luck. Not obviously when he plays Notre Dame, but for the rest of the season, wish him the best of luck.”

So, I absolutely agree that Jed York is a twit and I absolutely agree with Kawakami that Harbaugh isn't eager to have a meal with Jed York, but for as much of a twit as York is, I think he handled the answer to this question well. The twit-thing to do would be to still be petty or to try to fully defend everything that went down. Instead, York did the adult thing which was to be magnanimous and extend an olive branch that likely won't ever be picked up.

It doesn't matter if a talking head asks a loaded question. He didn't have to offer ammunition. When the hangman offers you some rope, politely decline. If he still hangs you, at least you have your dignity. York doesn't understand that. He could have stopped with his comments that he wasn't pleased with how it ended, but proud of what they accomplished. He had to drag it out like a buffoon, desperately trying to make himself look better while he essentially dove head first into quick sand and flailed like a dying fish.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I'd trade Jim Moore and Softy for Timmy K in a heartbeat, and maybe throw in another sportsradio clown on the Seattle airwaves to be named later. 8)

hawknation2017

Reaction score
“I don’t know if ‘regret’ is the right word. We had a lot of success together. We tried several times to get an extension done with Jim and, for whatever reason, those didn’t culminate."

LMAO. "For whatever reason" . . . AKA, Jed is a cheap little bastard, with a fragile ego, who knows nothing about football. :D

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2017":ddhidjxc said:
“I don’t know if ‘regret’ is the right word. We had a lot of success together. We tried several times to get an extension done with Jim and, for whatever reason, those didn’t culminate."

LMAO. "For whatever reason" . . . AKA, Jed is a cheap little bastard, with a fragile ego, who knows nothing about football. :D

Yeah....6 year contracts for Lynch and Shanahan while STILL PAYING Tomsula and Kelly.

"Cheap little bastard".

Sigh.

Jville

Reaction score
Marvin49":3azg3lo7 said:
hawknation2017":3azg3lo7 said:

Yeah....6 year contracts for Lynch and Shanahan while STILL PAYING Tomsula and Kelly.

"Cheap little bastard".

Sigh.

LOL

The rest of us are fully aware that Jed is pocketing monies ... i.e. taking it out of the players end of revenues. An obvious omission.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Jville":cpu7fl5k said:
Marvin49":cpu7fl5k said:
hawknation2017":cpu7fl5k said:

"Cheap little bastard".

Sigh.

LOL

The rest of us are fully aware that Jed is pocketing monies ... i.e. taking it out of the players end of revenues. An obvious omission.

That would be funny if it were possible. Its not. Cap $$$ are in different pool. The owner can't take player $$$. It gets spent or it goes away entirely. Do you honestly think the Players Association would allow for a circumstance where the owners could take money away from players? Thats the entire point of the CBA.

Come on now.

Jed has screwed the pooch plenty all by himself. We don't need to start making sh*t up.

Jville

Reaction score
Marvin49":1qjs9si8 said:
Jville":1qjs9si8 said:
Marvin49":1qjs9si8 said:
hawknation2017":1qjs9si8 said:

"Cheap little bastard".

Sigh.

LOL

That would be funny if it were possible. Its not. Cap $$$ are in different pool. The owner can't take player $$$. It gets spent or it goes away entirely. Do you honestly think the Players Association would allow for a circumstance where the owners could take money away from players? Thats the entire point of the CBA.

Come on now.

Jed has screwed the pooch plenty all by himself. We don't need to start making sh*t up.

Leave it to a Jed Apologist to accuse others of the very nonsense they make up.

Only an apologist would suggest the false diversion of taking dollars away from players. The NFLPA is however focused on CBA player money not spent in good faith. That, along with the proportion of player/team shares, will be a focus in the next CBA negotiations for both labor and management. Jed, as of yet, is not up to speed with responsible owners as a good faith example for a future CBA.

Jed Apologists continue to prefer their blinders and are compelled to refuse recognition of the access all the rest of us have to union and management numbers ..... including actual cash spending.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Jville":3ftv3kur said:
Marvin49":3ftv3kur said:
Jville":3ftv3kur said:
Marvin49":3ftv3kur said:

"Cheap little bastard".

Sigh.

LOL

Come on now.

Leave it to a Jed Apologist to accuse others of the very nonsense they make up.

Only an apologist would suggest the false diversion of taking dollars away from players. The NFLPA is however focused on CBA player money not spent in good faith. That, along with the proportion of player/team shares, will be a focus in the next CBA negotiations for both labor and management. Jed, as of yet, is not up to speed with responsible owners as a good faith example for a future CBA.

Jed Apologists continue to prefer their blinders and are compelled to refuse recognition of the access all the rest of us have to union and management numbers ..... including actual cash spending.

Good God.

Unreal. Amazing how even though I JUST SAID he "screwed the pooch plenty", I'm a "Jed Apologist".

Dude, I'm not the one with the blinders on. You are so blinded by your dislike for the guy that you are incapable of seeing anything but what you want to see. I'm done whit'cha.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Jville":untdtpf1 said:
^^^ :177692: Jed owns you.

Yeah. OK. Not believing that an owner is pocketing player money = "Jed owns you".

Time to take off the tinfoil hat bro.

Jville

Reaction score
It must really hurt.

If Jed does indeed need more time to work on down his lengthy learning curve, that could in turn invite more articles from Tim. Perhaps we should call this years chapter The Continuing 2017 Saga of the Misadventures of Jed.

This saga. This long running serial can't possibly last forever. There are already far more than enough mistakes and lessons to learn from. :229031_shrug: Surely the light has to come on ...... eventually.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Jville":14f4pvcu said:
It must really hurt.

If Jed does indeed need more time to work on down his lengthy learning curve, that could in turn invite more articles from Tim. Perhaps we should call this years chapter The Continuing 2017 Saga of the Misadventures of Jed.

This saga. This long running serial can't possibly last forever. There are already far more than enough mistakes and lessons to learn from. :229031_shrug: Surely the light has to come on ...... eventually.

Not one bit.

I'm actually quite happy with the Lynch/Shanahan hires and the direction Free Agency and the draft have taken. No guarantee of success surely but seems they are on a good track for the first time in a few years.

Niners are a long way from contention. Any reasonable Niner fan would say so. Jed has screwed up in the past but I also don't think Harbaugh was blameless (a coach he hired BTW). Keeping Baalke over Harbaugh? Mistake. Tomsula? Mistake. Kelly? Meh...I think the error there was trying to get by with Baalke another year. Jed kept thinking they were close and just another HC away and was hanging on to the three years they were so good under Harbaugh. They weren't. I don't think Kelly did anything that made him HAVE to go, but Jed made the RIGHT decision to eat all the money and start over from the ground up. Baalke had to go because while he was pretty good at drafting defensive players, he had a huge blind spot on offense.

I mean can you honestly say RIGHT NOW that Lynch/Shanahan are bad hires? If not, then I don't even know what you're talking about.

As a Niner fan I'm in ZERO pain because at least at this juncture they seem to at least be pointed in the right direction which couldn't be said for a few years now. I know you must WANT it to be painful, but it really isn't bro. Past the hurt and on to the fun of building a team again. Thats the best part anyway.

Now whats happening to the Giants? Ouch.

Could be much worse tho...I could be a Raider fan and be trying to figure out of I was going to renew my season tickets when my team was moving to Vegas.

...but I could drown all that out by watching the Warriors play.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
Marvin49":2ft8fazz said:
Jville":2ft8fazz said:
It must really hurt.

Not one bit.

I'm actually quite happy with the Lynch/Shanahan hires and the direction Free Agency and the draft have taken. No guarantee of success surely but seems they are on a good track for the first time in a few years.

Niners are a long way from contention. Any reasonable Niner fan would say so. Jed has screwed up in the past but I also don't think Harbaugh was blameless (a coach he hired BTW). Keeping Baalke over Harbaugh? Mistake. Tomsula? Mistake. Kelly? Meh...I think the error there was trying to get by with Baalke another year. Jed kept thinking they were close and just another HC away and was hanging on to the three years they were so good under Harbaugh. They weren't. I don't think Kelly did anything that made him HAVE to go, but Jed made the RIGHT decision to eat all the money and start over from the ground up. Baalke had to go because while he was pretty good at drafting defensive players, he had a huge blind spot on offense.

I mean can you honestly say RIGHT NOW that Lynch/Shanahan are bad hires? If not, then I don't even know what you're talking about.

As a Niner fan I'm in ZERO pain because at least at this juncture they seem to at least be pointed in the right direction which couldn't be said for a few years now. I know you must WANT it to be painful, but it really isn't bro. Past the hurt and on to the fun of building a team again. Thats the best part anyway.

Now whats happening to the Giants? Ouch.

Could be much worse tho...I could be a Raider fan and be trying to figure out of I was going to renew my season tickets when my team was moving to Vegas.

...but I could drown all that out by watching the Warriors play.

I would say hiring Kelly was a mistake. Failed retreads are riskier than unproven commodities, which is why Lynch/Shanahan have room to work. That being said, though I agree they aren't bad hires, you can't quantify them as good hires yet, no matter how rosey they've looked so far. That time will come on the field. Remember, everyone was ready to crucify Pete when he got to Seattle, but even he needed time. I will also say that even giving Lynch/Shanahan the benefit of the doubt doesn't excuse nearly a decade of documented mismanagement and douchebaggery on the part of Jed, who has well and truly earned all the shit he's now getting. While Harbaugh was an ass, I was glad to see him go because it was abundantly clear to me he was the only reason a team of underachievers rose so high. They had talent, but without him, no one in that organization could find their butts with both hands.