Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Article about Jeddy from the unapproved Tim Kawakami.

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

  • Jed is a little putz.
    User avatar
    hawknation2017
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 432
    Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:44 am


  • Since York's tweet apologizing to the fans after the 9ers lost at home to the Seahawks toward the back of Harbaugh's last season, he's clearly stated a ton of times that his policy is that he won't talk to or engage with media during the season, but will do during the off-season.

    It's funny because since then TK trolls him during the season for NOT talking to the media, and then trolls him during the off-season FOR talking to the media.

    I listened to the podcast, and in context I don't think York's comments came off as bad. They were platitudinous, but an owner saying anything but platitudes is almost always a bad thing.

    What Kawakami leaves out is that Peter King asked him about Harbaugh, and if he had any regrets about having fired Harbaugh. Here was the full response:

    “I don’t know if ‘regret’ is the right word. We had a lot of success together. We tried several times to get an extension done with Jim and, for whatever reason, those didn’t culminate. And ultimately, as successful as he was here, I think Jim is very happy. He’s doing an unbelievable job at Michigan.

    “We obviously didn’t have success after Jim left — I don’t know if we’d be sitting here with John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan if something happened. And I don’t know if it would have worked in the long-term if we did get something done.

    “I regret how we performed the last two years. I regret that the relationship was frayed between me and a coach that did a lot of great things for this franchise.

    “I actually talked to his brother John briefly at the owners’ meeting and he said, ‘You know, you guys need to get together some time and have dinner,’ and I said, ‘I’d love to do that.’ I’d love to get together. And I think enough time has kind of passed where you can let whatever issues were there be buried and just truly be thankful for three great years when nobody expected us, certainly in 2011, to beat the Saints the way we did, to get close and, you know, be two muffed punts away from going to a Super Bowl in ‘11. Just all the things that happened.

    “I’d love to sit down with Jim. Not in front of cameras, not in front of anybody else, but just share an evening with him and truly say thank you and wish him the best of luck. Not obviously when he plays Notre Dame, but for the rest of the season, wish him the best of luck.”


    So, I absolutely agree that Jed York is a twit and I absolutely agree with Kawakami that Harbaugh isn't eager to have a meal with Jed York, but for as much of a twit as York is, I think he handled the answer to this question well. The twit-thing to do would be to still be petty or to try to fully defend everything that went down. Instead, York did the adult thing which was to be magnanimous and extend an olive branch that likely won't ever be picked up.
    User avatar
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4160
    Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 am


  • York hasn't been muzzled by a nondisclosure mandate. And given that Jim has been muzzled by his former employer, York will likely continue at will with phony window dressing and insincere story telling.

    Kawakami is correct in that Lynch and Shanahan can revive and reshape 49ers culture into a proud and successful community. Unfortunately, I have doubts about Jed York staying out of the way.

    I am looking forward to Jim Harbaugh's biography. The chapter on York promises to be revealing.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6495
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • York only shows his face when fans are in a good mood. He has no spine.
    User avatar
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 926
    Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:38 am


  • Popeyejones wrote:Since York's tweet apologizing to the fans after the 9ers lost at home to the Seahawks toward the back of Harbaugh's last season, he's clearly stated a ton of times that his policy is that he won't talk to or engage with media during the season, but will do during the off-season.

    It's funny because since then TK trolls him during the season for NOT talking to the media, and then trolls him during the off-season FOR talking to the media.

    I listened to the podcast, and in context I don't think York's comments came off as bad. They were platitudinous, but an owner saying anything but platitudes is almost always a bad thing.

    What Kawakami leaves out is that Peter King asked him about Harbaugh, and if he had any regrets about having fired Harbaugh. Here was the full response:

    “I don’t know if ‘regret’ is the right word. We had a lot of success together. We tried several times to get an extension done with Jim and, for whatever reason, those didn’t culminate. And ultimately, as successful as he was here, I think Jim is very happy. He’s doing an unbelievable job at Michigan.

    “We obviously didn’t have success after Jim left — I don’t know if we’d be sitting here with John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan if something happened. And I don’t know if it would have worked in the long-term if we did get something done.

    “I regret how we performed the last two years. I regret that the relationship was frayed between me and a coach that did a lot of great things for this franchise.

    “I actually talked to his brother John briefly at the owners’ meeting and he said, ‘You know, you guys need to get together some time and have dinner,’ and I said, ‘I’d love to do that.’ I’d love to get together. And I think enough time has kind of passed where you can let whatever issues were there be buried and just truly be thankful for three great years when nobody expected us, certainly in 2011, to beat the Saints the way we did, to get close and, you know, be two muffed punts away from going to a Super Bowl in ‘11. Just all the things that happened.

    “I’d love to sit down with Jim. Not in front of cameras, not in front of anybody else, but just share an evening with him and truly say thank you and wish him the best of luck. Not obviously when he plays Notre Dame, but for the rest of the season, wish him the best of luck.”


    So, I absolutely agree that Jed York is a twit and I absolutely agree with Kawakami that Harbaugh isn't eager to have a meal with Jed York, but for as much of a twit as York is, I think he handled the answer to this question well. The twit-thing to do would be to still be petty or to try to fully defend everything that went down. Instead, York did the adult thing which was to be magnanimous and extend an olive branch that likely won't ever be picked up.


    It doesn't matter if a talking head asks a loaded question. He didn't have to offer ammunition. When the hangman offers you some rope, politely decline. If he still hangs you, at least you have your dignity. York doesn't understand that. He could have stopped with his comments that he wasn't pleased with how it ended, but proud of what they accomplished. He had to drag it out like a buffoon, desperately trying to make himself look better while he essentially dove head first into quick sand and flailed like a dying fish.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

    - Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3208
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm


  • I'd trade Jim Moore and Softy for Timmy K in a heartbeat, and maybe throw in another sportsradio clown on the Seattle airwaves to be named later. 8)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22277
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • “I don’t know if ‘regret’ is the right word. We had a lot of success together. We tried several times to get an extension done with Jim and, for whatever reason, those didn’t culminate."

    LMAO. "For whatever reason" . . . AKA, Jed is a cheap little bastard, with a fragile ego, who knows nothing about football. :D
    User avatar
    hawknation2017
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 432
    Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:44 am


  • hawknation2017 wrote:“I don’t know if ‘regret’ is the right word. We had a lot of success together. We tried several times to get an extension done with Jim and, for whatever reason, those didn’t culminate."

    LMAO. "For whatever reason" . . . AKA, Jed is a cheap little bastard, with a fragile ego, who knows nothing about football. :D


    Yeah....6 year contracts for Lynch and Shanahan while STILL PAYING Tomsula and Kelly.

    "Cheap little bastard".

    Sigh.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5728
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    hawknation2017 wrote:“I don’t know if ‘regret’ is the right word. We had a lot of success together. We tried several times to get an extension done with Jim and, for whatever reason, those didn’t culminate."

    LMAO. "For whatever reason" . . . AKA, Jed is a cheap little bastard, with a fragile ego, who knows nothing about football. :D


    Yeah....6 year contracts for Lynch and Shanahan while STILL PAYING Tomsula and Kelly.

    "Cheap little bastard".

    Sigh.


    LOL

    The rest of us are fully aware that Jed is pocketing monies ... i.e. taking it out of the players end of revenues. An obvious omission.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6495
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • Jville wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    hawknation2017 wrote:“I don’t know if ‘regret’ is the right word. We had a lot of success together. We tried several times to get an extension done with Jim and, for whatever reason, those didn’t culminate."

    LMAO. "For whatever reason" . . . AKA, Jed is a cheap little bastard, with a fragile ego, who knows nothing about football. :D


    Yeah....6 year contracts for Lynch and Shanahan while STILL PAYING Tomsula and Kelly.

    "Cheap little bastard".

    Sigh.


    LOL

    The rest of us are fully aware that Jed is pocketing monies ... i.e. taking it out of the players end of revenues. An obvious omission.


    That would be funny if it were possible. Its not. Cap $$$ are in different pool. The owner can't take player $$$. It gets spent or it goes away entirely. Do you honestly think the Players Association would allow for a circumstance where the owners could take money away from players? Thats the entire point of the CBA.

    Come on now.

    Jed has screwed the pooch plenty all by himself. We don't need to start making sh*t up.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5728
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    hawknation2017 wrote:“I don’t know if ‘regret’ is the right word. We had a lot of success together. We tried several times to get an extension done with Jim and, for whatever reason, those didn’t culminate."

    LMAO. "For whatever reason" . . . AKA, Jed is a cheap little bastard, with a fragile ego, who knows nothing about football. :D


    Yeah....6 year contracts for Lynch and Shanahan while STILL PAYING Tomsula and Kelly.

    "Cheap little bastard".

    Sigh.


    LOL

    The rest of us are fully aware that Jed is pocketing monies ... i.e. taking it out of the players end of revenues. An obvious omission.


    That would be funny if it were possible. Its not. Cap $$$ are in different pool. The owner can't take player $$$. It gets spent or it goes away entirely. Do you honestly think the Players Association would allow for a circumstance where the owners could take money away from players? Thats the entire point of the CBA.

    Come on now.

    Jed has screwed the pooch plenty all by himself. We don't need to start making sh*t up.


    Leave it to a Jed Apologist to accuse others of the very nonsense they make up.

    Only an apologist would suggest the false diversion of taking dollars away from players. The NFLPA is however focused on CBA player money not spent in good faith. That, along with the proportion of player/team shares, will be a focus in the next CBA negotiations for both labor and management. Jed, as of yet, is not up to speed with responsible owners as a good faith example for a future CBA.

    Jed Apologists continue to prefer their blinders and are compelled to refuse recognition of the access all the rest of us have to union and management numbers ..... including actual cash spending.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6495
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • Jville wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Yeah....6 year contracts for Lynch and Shanahan while STILL PAYING Tomsula and Kelly.

    "Cheap little bastard".

    Sigh.


    LOL

    The rest of us are fully aware that Jed is pocketing monies ... i.e. taking it out of the players end of revenues. An obvious omission.


    That would be funny if it were possible. Its not. Cap $$$ are in different pool. The owner can't take player $$$. It gets spent or it goes away entirely. Do you honestly think the Players Association would allow for a circumstance where the owners could take money away from players? Thats the entire point of the CBA.

    Come on now.

    Jed has screwed the pooch plenty all by himself. We don't need to start making sh*t up.


    Leave it to a Jed Apologist to accuse others of the very nonsense they make up.

    Only an apologist would suggest the false diversion of taking dollars away from players. The NFLPA is however focused on CBA player money not spent in good faith. That, along with the proportion of player/team shares, will be a focus in the next CBA negotiations for both labor and management. Jed, as of yet, is not up to speed with responsible owners as a good faith example for a future CBA.

    Jed Apologists continue to prefer their blinders and are compelled to refuse recognition of the access all the rest of us have to union and management numbers ..... including actual cash spending.


    Good God.

    Unreal. Amazing how even though I JUST SAID he "screwed the pooch plenty", I'm a "Jed Apologist".

    Dude, I'm not the one with the blinders on. You are so blinded by your dislike for the guy that you are incapable of seeing anything but what you want to see. I'm done whit'cha.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5728
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • ^^^ :177692: Jed owns you.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6495
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • Welcome back Marvin !

    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 21100
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • Jville wrote:^^^ :177692: Jed owns you.


    Yeah. OK. Not believing that an owner is pocketing player money = "Jed owns you".

    Time to take off the tinfoil hat bro.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5728
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • It must really hurt.

    If Jed does indeed need more time to work on down his lengthy learning curve, that could in turn invite more articles from Tim. Perhaps we should call this years chapter The Continuing 2017 Saga of the Misadventures of Jed.

    This saga. This long running serial can't possibly last forever. There are already far more than enough mistakes and lessons to learn from. :229031_shrug: Surely the light has to come on ...... eventually.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6495
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • Jville wrote:Surely the light has to come on ...... eventually.


    Daniel Snyder disagrees.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

    - Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3208
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm


  • Jville wrote:It must really hurt.

    If Jed does indeed need more time to work on down his lengthy learning curve, that could in turn invite more articles from Tim. Perhaps we should call this years chapter The Continuing 2017 Saga of the Misadventures of Jed.

    This saga. This long running serial can't possibly last forever. There are already far more than enough mistakes and lessons to learn from. :229031_shrug: Surely the light has to come on ...... eventually.


    Not one bit.

    I'm actually quite happy with the Lynch/Shanahan hires and the direction Free Agency and the draft have taken. No guarantee of success surely but seems they are on a good track for the first time in a few years.

    Niners are a long way from contention. Any reasonable Niner fan would say so. Jed has screwed up in the past but I also don't think Harbaugh was blameless (a coach he hired BTW). Keeping Baalke over Harbaugh? Mistake. Tomsula? Mistake. Kelly? Meh...I think the error there was trying to get by with Baalke another year. Jed kept thinking they were close and just another HC away and was hanging on to the three years they were so good under Harbaugh. They weren't. I don't think Kelly did anything that made him HAVE to go, but Jed made the RIGHT decision to eat all the money and start over from the ground up. Baalke had to go because while he was pretty good at drafting defensive players, he had a huge blind spot on offense.

    I mean can you honestly say RIGHT NOW that Lynch/Shanahan are bad hires? If not, then I don't even know what you're talking about.

    As a Niner fan I'm in ZERO pain because at least at this juncture they seem to at least be pointed in the right direction which couldn't be said for a few years now. I know you must WANT it to be painful, but it really isn't bro. Past the hurt and on to the fun of building a team again. Thats the best part anyway.

    Now whats happening to the Giants? Ouch.

    Could be much worse tho...I could be a Raider fan and be trying to figure out of I was going to renew my season tickets when my team was moving to Vegas.

    ...but I could drown all that out by watching the Warriors play.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5728
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Jville wrote:It must really hurt.

    If Jed does indeed need more time to work on down his lengthy learning curve, that could in turn invite more articles from Tim. Perhaps we should call this years chapter The Continuing 2017 Saga of the Misadventures of Jed.

    This saga. This long running serial can't possibly last forever. There are already far more than enough mistakes and lessons to learn from. :229031_shrug: Surely the light has to come on ...... eventually.


    Not one bit.

    I'm actually quite happy with the Lynch/Shanahan hires and the direction Free Agency and the draft have taken. No guarantee of success surely but seems they are on a good track for the first time in a few years.

    Niners are a long way from contention. Any reasonable Niner fan would say so. Jed has screwed up in the past but I also don't think Harbaugh was blameless (a coach he hired BTW). Keeping Baalke over Harbaugh? Mistake. Tomsula? Mistake. Kelly? Meh...I think the error there was trying to get by with Baalke another year. Jed kept thinking they were close and just another HC away and was hanging on to the three years they were so good under Harbaugh. They weren't. I don't think Kelly did anything that made him HAVE to go, but Jed made the RIGHT decision to eat all the money and start over from the ground up. Baalke had to go because while he was pretty good at drafting defensive players, he had a huge blind spot on offense.

    I mean can you honestly say RIGHT NOW that Lynch/Shanahan are bad hires? If not, then I don't even know what you're talking about.

    As a Niner fan I'm in ZERO pain because at least at this juncture they seem to at least be pointed in the right direction which couldn't be said for a few years now. I know you must WANT it to be painful, but it really isn't bro. Past the hurt and on to the fun of building a team again. Thats the best part anyway.

    Now whats happening to the Giants? Ouch.

    Could be much worse tho...I could be a Raider fan and be trying to figure out of I was going to renew my season tickets when my team was moving to Vegas.

    ...but I could drown all that out by watching the Warriors play.


    I would say hiring Kelly was a mistake. Failed retreads are riskier than unproven commodities, which is why Lynch/Shanahan have room to work. That being said, though I agree they aren't bad hires, you can't quantify them as good hires yet, no matter how rosey they've looked so far. That time will come on the field. Remember, everyone was ready to crucify Pete when he got to Seattle, but even he needed time. I will also say that even giving Lynch/Shanahan the benefit of the doubt doesn't excuse nearly a decade of documented mismanagement and douchebaggery on the part of Jed, who has well and truly earned all the shit he's now getting. While Harbaugh was an ass, I was glad to see him go because it was abundantly clear to me he was the only reason a team of underachievers rose so high. They had talent, but without him, no one in that organization could find their butts with both hands.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

    - Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3208
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm


  • Maulbert wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Jville wrote:It must really hurt.

    If Jed does indeed need more time to work on down his lengthy learning curve, that could in turn invite more articles from Tim. Perhaps we should call this years chapter The Continuing 2017 Saga of the Misadventures of Jed.

    This saga. This long running serial can't possibly last forever. There are already far more than enough mistakes and lessons to learn from. :229031_shrug: Surely the light has to come on ...... eventually.


    Not one bit.

    I'm actually quite happy with the Lynch/Shanahan hires and the direction Free Agency and the draft have taken. No guarantee of success surely but seems they are on a good track for the first time in a few years.

    Niners are a long way from contention. Any reasonable Niner fan would say so. Jed has screwed up in the past but I also don't think Harbaugh was blameless (a coach he hired BTW). Keeping Baalke over Harbaugh? Mistake. Tomsula? Mistake. Kelly? Meh...I think the error there was trying to get by with Baalke another year. Jed kept thinking they were close and just another HC away and was hanging on to the three years they were so good under Harbaugh. They weren't. I don't think Kelly did anything that made him HAVE to go, but Jed made the RIGHT decision to eat all the money and start over from the ground up. Baalke had to go because while he was pretty good at drafting defensive players, he had a huge blind spot on offense.

    I mean can you honestly say RIGHT NOW that Lynch/Shanahan are bad hires? If not, then I don't even know what you're talking about.

    As a Niner fan I'm in ZERO pain because at least at this juncture they seem to at least be pointed in the right direction which couldn't be said for a few years now. I know you must WANT it to be painful, but it really isn't bro. Past the hurt and on to the fun of building a team again. Thats the best part anyway.

    Now whats happening to the Giants? Ouch.

    Could be much worse tho...I could be a Raider fan and be trying to figure out of I was going to renew my season tickets when my team was moving to Vegas.

    ...but I could drown all that out by watching the Warriors play.


    I would say hiring Kelly was a mistake. Failed retreads are riskier than unproven commodities, which is why Lynch/Shanahan have room to work. That being said, though I agree they aren't bad hires, you can't quantify them as good hires yet, no matter how rosey they've looked so far. That time will come on the field. Remember, everyone was ready to crucify Pete when he got to Seattle, but even he needed time. I will also say that even giving Lynch/Shanahan the benefit of the doubt doesn't excuse nearly a decade of documented mismanagement and douchebaggery on the part of Jed, who has well and truly earned all the shit he's now getting. While Harbaugh was an ass, I was glad to see him go because it was abundantly clear to me he was the only reason a team of underachievers rose so high. They had talent, but without him, no one in that organization could find their butts with both hands.


    I'd say your comments in regards to Kelly hire is fair. I think you are correct that it was a bad hire mainly because they should have blown the whole thing up LAST year. My guess is that if they had then Hue Jackson would have been their coach.

    As for Shanahan/Lynch, I think thats fair as well. My point wasn't that they are great hires...more that I like what I've seen so far and saying they are BAD hires is way premature.

    Kinda disagree with the "underachievers" part though. That team didn't have talent, it had INSANE talent...especially on defense.

    While so many people point to Harbaugh leaving as the point it all started to fall apart, it actually started the last season he was there. Players started getting hurt and before Tomsula even coached a game they had already lost Patrick Willis, Justin Smith, Ray McDonald, Anthony Davis and several others.

    Point being Harbaugh had incredible talent. It was BOTH to coaching and the roster that fell apart. Not one or the other. Even when Baalke made a great pick like Chris Borland, the dude up and retired after one NFL season. Sigh.

    Point is this. IMO Yorks biggest mistake so far has been with sticking with Baalke too long and not starting over from square one earlier. Tomsula was very well regarded in the building but Kelly was largely a Baalke last ditch hail mary hire that didn't work. On Harbaugh, he should never have been fired but I really think Harbaugh isn't as innocent in that situation as many seem to think....particularly in light of public comments since. I still love the guy as a coach, but I think he himself was a big reason he's gone. It ain't ALL on York.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5728
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Jville wrote:It must really hurt.

    If Jed does indeed need more time to work on down his lengthy learning curve, that could in turn invite more articles from Tim. Perhaps we should call this years chapter The Continuing 2017 Saga of the Misadventures of Jed.

    This saga. This long running serial can't possibly last forever. There are already far more than enough mistakes and lessons to learn from. :229031_shrug: Surely the light has to come on ...... eventually.


    Not one bit.

    I'm actually quite happy with the Lynch/Shanahan hires and the direction Free Agency and the draft have taken. No guarantee of success surely but seems they are on a good track for the first time in a few years.

    Niners are a long way from contention. Any reasonable Niner fan would say so. Jed has screwed up in the past but I also don't think Harbaugh was blameless (a coach he hired BTW). Keeping Baalke over Harbaugh? Mistake. Tomsula? Mistake. Kelly? Meh...I think the error there was trying to get by with Baalke another year. Jed kept thinking they were close and just another HC away and was hanging on to the three years they were so good under Harbaugh. They weren't. I don't think Kelly did anything that made him HAVE to go, but Jed made the RIGHT decision to eat all the money and start over from the ground up. Baalke had to go because while he was pretty good at drafting defensive players, he had a huge blind spot on offense.

    I mean can you honestly say RIGHT NOW that Lynch/Shanahan are bad hires? If not, then I don't even know what you're talking about.

    As a Niner fan I'm in ZERO pain because at least at this juncture they seem to at least be pointed in the right direction which couldn't be said for a few years now. I know you must WANT it to be painful, but it really isn't bro. Past the hurt and on to the fun of building a team again. Thats the best part anyway.

    Now whats happening to the Giants? Ouch.

    Could be much worse tho...I could be a Raider fan and be trying to figure out of I was going to renew my season tickets when my team was moving to Vegas.

    ...but I could drown all that out by watching the Warriors play.


    I would say hiring Kelly was a mistake. Failed retreads are riskier than unproven commodities, which is why Lynch/Shanahan have room to work. That being said, though I agree they aren't bad hires, you can't quantify them as good hires yet, no matter how rosey they've looked so far. That time will come on the field. Remember, everyone was ready to crucify Pete when he got to Seattle, but even he needed time. I will also say that even giving Lynch/Shanahan the benefit of the doubt doesn't excuse nearly a decade of documented mismanagement and douchebaggery on the part of Jed, who has well and truly earned all the shit he's now getting. While Harbaugh was an ass, I was glad to see him go because it was abundantly clear to me he was the only reason a team of underachievers rose so high. They had talent, but without him, no one in that organization could find their butts with both hands.


    I'd say your comments in regards to Kelly hire is fair. I think you are correct that it was a bad hire mainly because they should have blown the whole thing up LAST year. My guess is that if they had then Hue Jackson would have been their coach.

    As for Shanahan/Lynch, I think thats fair as well. My point wasn't that they are great hires...more that I like what I've seen so far and saying they are BAD hires is way premature.

    Kinda disagree with the "underachievers" part though. That team didn't have talent, it had INSANE talent...especially on defense.

    While so many people point to Harbaugh leaving as the point it all started to fall apart, it actually started the last season he was there. Players started getting hurt and before Tomsula even coached a game they had already lost Patrick Willis, Justin Smith, Ray McDonald, Anthony Davis and several others.

    Point being Harbaugh had incredible talent. It was BOTH to coaching and the roster that fell apart. Not one or the other. Even when Baalke made a great pick like Chris Borland, the dude up and retired after one NFL season. Sigh.

    Point is this. IMO Yorks biggest mistake so far has been with sticking with Baalke too long and not starting over from square one earlier. Tomsula was very well regarded in the building but Kelly was largely a Baalke last ditch hail mary hire that didn't work. On Harbaugh, he should never have been fired but I really think Harbaugh isn't as innocent in that situation as many seem to think....particularly in light of public comments since. I still love the guy as a coach, but I think he himself was a big reason he's gone. It ain't ALL on York.


    The fact that the 49ers were extremely talented when Harbaugh got there is EXACTLY why I called them underachievers. They might have had the best linebacking corps this side of the Dome Patrol, Frank Gore was a beast, and yet they couldn't win more than 8 games until Harbaugh got there, at which point the talent started drying up. Plus, it sounded like Baalke didn't put too much stock in Harbaugh's talent evaluation. That's really smart, boxing the coach out of the draft process. Jed York is directly responsible for this, because he let Baalke run his franchise into the ground for 5 years and gladly took your money in the process. Marvin, I feel sorry for you, because I guarantee that if an incompetent buffoon like Jed York owned the Seahawks, I would never defend him. I don't blame you for being loyal to your team, but that has nothing to do with admitting what a complete shitstain of an executive Jed York has been, and saying 'it's not all his fault' which has been your refrain through this entire discussion is no excuse.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

    - Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3208
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm


  • Our fan base proves out the above post, we loved the Seahawks but Ken Behring was hated and it was vocal.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 21100
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • chris98251 wrote:Our fan base proves out the above post, we loved the Seahawks but Ken Behring was hated and it was vocal.


    Behring, Bennett, Schultz, Howard Lincoln by Proxy for Hiroshi Yamauchi/NOA....
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

    - Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3208
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm


  • Maulbert wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Not one bit.

    I'm actually quite happy with the Lynch/Shanahan hires and the direction Free Agency and the draft have taken. No guarantee of success surely but seems they are on a good track for the first time in a few years.

    Niners are a long way from contention. Any reasonable Niner fan would say so. Jed has screwed up in the past but I also don't think Harbaugh was blameless (a coach he hired BTW). Keeping Baalke over Harbaugh? Mistake. Tomsula? Mistake. Kelly? Meh...I think the error there was trying to get by with Baalke another year. Jed kept thinking they were close and just another HC away and was hanging on to the three years they were so good under Harbaugh. They weren't. I don't think Kelly did anything that made him HAVE to go, but Jed made the RIGHT decision to eat all the money and start over from the ground up. Baalke had to go because while he was pretty good at drafting defensive players, he had a huge blind spot on offense.

    I mean can you honestly say RIGHT NOW that Lynch/Shanahan are bad hires? If not, then I don't even know what you're talking about.

    As a Niner fan I'm in ZERO pain because at least at this juncture they seem to at least be pointed in the right direction which couldn't be said for a few years now. I know you must WANT it to be painful, but it really isn't bro. Past the hurt and on to the fun of building a team again. Thats the best part anyway.

    Now whats happening to the Giants? Ouch.

    Could be much worse tho...I could be a Raider fan and be trying to figure out of I was going to renew my season tickets when my team was moving to Vegas.

    ...but I could drown all that out by watching the Warriors play.


    I would say hiring Kelly was a mistake. Failed retreads are riskier than unproven commodities, which is why Lynch/Shanahan have room to work. That being said, though I agree they aren't bad hires, you can't quantify them as good hires yet, no matter how rosey they've looked so far. That time will come on the field. Remember, everyone was ready to crucify Pete when he got to Seattle, but even he needed time. I will also say that even giving Lynch/Shanahan the benefit of the doubt doesn't excuse nearly a decade of documented mismanagement and douchebaggery on the part of Jed, who has well and truly earned all the shit he's now getting. While Harbaugh was an ass, I was glad to see him go because it was abundantly clear to me he was the only reason a team of underachievers rose so high. They had talent, but without him, no one in that organization could find their butts with both hands.


    I'd say your comments in regards to Kelly hire is fair. I think you are correct that it was a bad hire mainly because they should have blown the whole thing up LAST year. My guess is that if they had then Hue Jackson would have been their coach.

    As for Shanahan/Lynch, I think thats fair as well. My point wasn't that they are great hires...more that I like what I've seen so far and saying they are BAD hires is way premature.

    Kinda disagree with the "underachievers" part though. That team didn't have talent, it had INSANE talent...especially on defense.

    While so many people point to Harbaugh leaving as the point it all started to fall apart, it actually started the last season he was there. Players started getting hurt and before Tomsula even coached a game they had already lost Patrick Willis, Justin Smith, Ray McDonald, Anthony Davis and several others.

    Point being Harbaugh had incredible talent. It was BOTH to coaching and the roster that fell apart. Not one or the other. Even when Baalke made a great pick like Chris Borland, the dude up and retired after one NFL season. Sigh.

    Point is this. IMO Yorks biggest mistake so far has been with sticking with Baalke too long and not starting over from square one earlier. Tomsula was very well regarded in the building but Kelly was largely a Baalke last ditch hail mary hire that didn't work. On Harbaugh, he should never have been fired but I really think Harbaugh isn't as innocent in that situation as many seem to think....particularly in light of public comments since. I still love the guy as a coach, but I think he himself was a big reason he's gone. It ain't ALL on York.


    The fact that the 49ers were extremely talented when Harbaugh got there is EXACTLY why I called them underachievers. They might have had the best linebacking corps this side of the Dome Patrol, Frank Gore was a beast, and yet they couldn't win more than 8 games until Harbaugh got there, at which point the talent started drying up. Plus, it sounded like Baalke didn't put too much stock in Harbaugh's talent evaluation. That's really smart, boxing the coach out of the draft process. Jed York is directly responsible for this, because he let Baalke run his franchise into the ground for 5 years and gladly took your money in the process. Marvin, I feel sorry for you, because I guarantee that if an incompetent buffoon like Jed York owned the Seahawks, I would never defend him. I don't blame you for being loyal to your team, but that has nothing to do with admitting what a complete shitstain of an executive Jed York has been, and saying 'it's not all his fault' which has been your refrain through this entire discussion is no excuse.



    Couple things...

    1) OOPS. I read your underachiever and interpreted the exact opposite meaning you were inferring. I agree with you completely. My bad.

    2) Its pretty clear that Baalke did that not only with Harbaugh, but with Singletary (for a year), Tomsula and Kelly as well. I never hated on Baalke so I can't very well sit here and say I thought he was the problem all along. That would be dishonest. I do tho think his relationships in the building and his total blindness over prospects on the offensive side of the ball were his and the 49ers undoing.

    3) I think my "support" for Jed is greatly exaggerated in this site. The dude flat screwed up...more than once. I've said it many times. He supported Baalke way too long. IMO, he wanted to hang on to the winning tradition he had with Harbaugh and kept trying to find the right guy to fill Harbaughs shoes. He took far too long to recognize that it wasn't the same team and Baalke was a big problem. That isn't an excuse. Thats the REASON he made some BIG mistakes.

    What I do argue with is what happens ALOT in sports and not just with Jed. Its the piling on. Jed did his and many others share of screwups, but peeps just pile onto EVERYTHING now. I respond to people making stuff up to put him or anyone down. He's screwed up enough on his own to require making stuff up.

    Additionally, when he does something RIGHT it should be said he did something right. Just be real. Thats all I'm sayin'. The reality here is that he ain't going anywhere. When he made the comment in the offseason about not firing owners people made fun of it and cited it as yet another example of him being the Jed everyone makes fun of. To me, he was flat RIGHT. Owners don't get fired. The line of questioning that spawned the answer was absurd. If it had been just about any other owner his response would have been viewed very differently.

    Dude was wrong to hire Singletary, Tomsula and Kelly. Dude was RIGHT tho to fire every one of them after a single year. He screws up but is also smart enough to recognize immediately that it was the wrong move. I'd rather have THAT then a guy who worries about the money and stays with something that ain't working because its cheaper.

    Bottom line, I'd love to have a better owner than Jed. Dude is young and makes mistakes. However, he has also hit it out of the park (Harbaugh) as well. A common tactic with people who hate a guy is to dismiss success for one reason or another and then harp on all of the mistakes. If you criticize his GM/Coaching hires, then you also have to acknowledge when he did it right. Jed wants to win. I'm convinced of that. Eating the salaries for BOTH Kelly and Tomsula and then giving Lynch/Shanahan twin 33 Mil contracts should prove that commitment. Time will tell if they were good investments.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5728
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • ^^^

    Trapped in Denial.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6495
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • Jville wrote:^^^

    Trapped in Denial.


    If you say so homey.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5728
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • ^^^
    There are many apologists, spin masters, and public relations professionals that make good money doing what your attempting to do.

    If Jed York isn't paying you well, he is the one you should be taking issue with.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6495
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Jville wrote:^^^

    Trapped in Denial.


    If you say so homey.


    Seriously, Marvin, you sound like a PR man compared to every other 49er fan on this board. Though not as much as ctrcat. I'll give you that.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

    - Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3208
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm


  • Maulbert wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Jville wrote:^^^

    Trapped in Denial.


    If you say so homey.


    Seriously, Marvin, you sound like a PR man compared to every other 49er fan on this board. Though not as much as ctrcat. I'll give you that.


    Probably true. Most Niner fans HATE Jed with the fire of 1000 suns.

    I'm just not easily swayed one way or the other. I was same way on Alex Smith and many others when people wanted him thrown off a bridge. If someone were making the opposite argument that everything Jed has said or done was justified, I'd me labelled a Jed hater for pointing out all the crap he's gotten wrong.

    Bottom line, I just try to be fair. Only way I can explain it.

    BTW, I'm kinda this way on ALL teams. You won't see me badmouth MOST teams execs, coaches, or players including Seattle (and no they haven't given me reason to). If you ask me about most controversies I'll usually be right down the middle (DeflateGate, Bounty Gate...etc).

    One thing I will say and I don't say this just to score points or something as I've said it many times in the past....

    ...Seattle got SCREWED in SB XL. I can't stand the Seahawks, but I still think that.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5728
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Jville wrote:^^^

    Trapped in Denial.


    If you say so homey.


    Seriously, Marvin, you sound like a PR man compared to every other 49er fan on this board. Though not as much as ctrcat. I'll give you that.


    Probably true. Most Niner fans HATE Jed with the fire of 1000 suns.

    I'm just not easily swayed one way or the other. I was same way on Alex Smith and many others when people wanted him thrown off a bridge. If someone were making the opposite argument that everything Jed has said or done was justified, I'd me labelled a Jed hater for pointing out all the crap he's gotten wrong.

    Bottom line, I just try to be fair. Only way I can explain it.

    BTW, I'm kinda this way on ALL teams. You won't see me badmouth MOST teams execs, coaches, or players including Seattle (and no they haven't given me reason to). If you ask me about most controversies I'll usually be right down the middle (DeflateGate, Bounty Gate...etc).

    One thing I will say and I don't say this just to score points or something as I've said it many times in the past....

    ...Seattle got SCREWED in SB XL. I can't stand the Seahawks, but I still think that.


    But that's my point. Jed has done more than enough to justify that hate is why people call you a Jed apologist. People aren't saying you're trying to be fair, they're saying you're giving Jed slack he hasn't earned. Lynch and Shanahan, yes. But not Jed. Not even by an inch.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

    - Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3208
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm


  • Maulbert wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    If you say so homey.


    Seriously, Marvin, you sound like a PR man compared to every other 49er fan on this board. Though not as much as ctrcat. I'll give you that.


    Probably true. Most Niner fans HATE Jed with the fire of 1000 suns.

    I'm just not easily swayed one way or the other. I was same way on Alex Smith and many others when people wanted him thrown off a bridge. If someone were making the opposite argument that everything Jed has said or done was justified, I'd me labelled a Jed hater for pointing out all the crap he's gotten wrong.

    Bottom line, I just try to be fair. Only way I can explain it.

    BTW, I'm kinda this way on ALL teams. You won't see me badmouth MOST teams execs, coaches, or players including Seattle (and no they haven't given me reason to). If you ask me about most controversies I'll usually be right down the middle (DeflateGate, Bounty Gate...etc).

    One thing I will say and I don't say this just to score points or something as I've said it many times in the past....

    ...Seattle got SCREWED in SB XL. I can't stand the Seahawks, but I still think that.


    But that's my point. Jed has done more than enough to justify that hate is why people call you a Jed apologist. People aren't saying you're trying to be fair, they're saying you're giving Jed slack he hasn't earned. Lynch and Shanahan, yes. But not Jed. Not even by an inch.


    Oh, I'm well aware of what people say. LOL.

    Hate? Nah, I'll reserve that for the orange man in the oval office. This is just football. :D
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5728
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • While Tim Kawakami's series of articles about York are good, I'm still looking forward to Harbaughs autobiography.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6495
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • Jville wrote:While Tim Kawakami's series of articles about York are good, I'm still looking forward to Harbaughs autobiography.


    We can agree to disagree on Kawakami, but totally agree on Harbaughs Autobiography. I'd read it all in one sitting.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5728
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Jville wrote:While Tim Kawakami's series of articles about York are good, I'm still looking forward to Harbaughs autobiography.


    We can agree to disagree on Kawakami, but totally agree on Harbaughs Autobiography. I'd read it all in one sitting.


    Perhaps you should go back and reread Kawakami more slowly and closely. Choosing to read for comprehension over speed is the key. Good practice in preparation for Harbaugh's autobiography. :P
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6495
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • Jville wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Jville wrote:While Tim Kawakami's series of articles about York are good, I'm still looking forward to Harbaughs autobiography.


    We can agree to disagree on Kawakami, but totally agree on Harbaughs Autobiography. I'd read it all in one sitting.


    Perhaps you should go back and reread Kawakami more slowly and closely. Choosing to read for comprehension over speed is the key. Good practice in preparation for Harbaugh's autobiography. :P


    I don't need to read anything from Kawakami. I did so for years...far, far, FAR longer than anyone on this site. I already know where he stands on any topic before I open the article. Ya see his shtick is real simple. Rip teams top get attention and get invited to TV interviews based on his critical take.

    He's Skip Bayless. He's Lowell Cohn. He's the guy that rips anything and everything for clicks. That doesn't mean he always wrong because he's not, but he will NEVER be the guy whos word I take for it. Just won't happen. In fact if I wanted to not listen to a guy because I think he's always wrong, I'd be hating on Trent Dilfer and Jason Cole. Dilfer is just a PAINFUL 49ers homer and Cole is simply ALWAYS wrong.

    Let me guess...I haven't even opened that article but let me take a stab and lets see how close I am...

    He rips Jed about wanting to talk with Harbaugh, says Jed is the one leaking all neg info and then gives some passing compliment to current regime of Lynch/Shanahan but says it won't work because Jed is Jed. Am I even close?

    There are TONS of other guys who write negative stuff about the Yorks and the 49ers. It ain't about boycotting those writers. Its about taking the intention of the writer into account when you listen to what he says.

    If Kawakai is to be believed, then York is responsible for Global Warming, World Hunger, and the Kennedy Assassination. You guys LOVE the guy for the EXACT reason you THINK I hate him. He's ALWAYS negative.

    If he were always negative and simply reported facts, I'd have no issue with him. The problem is that isn't what he does. He sparses together small inane facts and makes wild leaps and then speaks as tho "of course this is true". My objection to his writing is that I might as well take those same facts and concoct my own elaborate fairy tale and pass THAT off as fact.

    Kawakami is a hack. Always was and always will be. Worse, he's an egotistical hack who gets bent out of shape when one of his fairy tales turns out to be false and will literally CHALLENGE the subject of the article (say Harbaugh) verbally in front of cameras in an attempt to "be right" publically.

    Example? He reported after one of Aldon Smiths incidents that Aldon would never play another game with SF and would be released. That did in fact happen but only after 2 or 3 more incidents. When the team didn't IMMEDIATELY release him, Tim actually challenged Harbaugh on camera for the reason WHY he wasn't being released. He said stuff like "how many chances do you give that guy".

    Ya see there problem there? He reported that he had sources that said Aldon would be released and then when it didn't happen he challenged the coach to find out why the story he had made up didn't come true.

    Bottom line, you guys can read all his stuff you want and revel in the fun of it. He'll never disappoint you. I'll just read George R. R. Martin because it has more to do with reality than Tims writing ever will.

    Now I've written this whole thing and I already know ALL of you will dismiss this post as me just hating the guy and I'm being a Jed apologist again. Feel Free. This actually has NOTHING to do with Jed. Tim was the same way about ALL bay area teams and if he were a national reporter he'd be this way about all teams period.

    So feel free to tell me I don't like him because he doesn't like Jed. Yer just buying into his shtick and that's cool. Have fun.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5728
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Jville wrote:While Tim Kawakami's series of articles about York are good, I'm still looking forward to Harbaughs autobiography.


    We can agree to disagree on Kawakami, but totally agree on Harbaughs Autobiography. I'd read it all in one sitting.


    Perhaps you should go back and reread Kawakami more slowly and closely. Choosing to read for comprehension over speed is the key. Good practice in preparation for Harbaugh's autobiography. :P


    I don't need to read anything from Kawakami. I did so for years...far, far, FAR longer than anyone on this site. I already know where he stands on any topic before I open the article. Ya see his shtick is real simple. Rip teams top get attention and get invited to TV interviews based on his critical take.

    He's Skip Bayless. He's Lowell Cohn. He's the guy that rips anything and everything for clicks. That doesn't mean he always wrong because he's not, but he will NEVER be the guy whos word I take for it. Just won't happen. In fact if I wanted to not listen to a guy because I think he's always wrong, I'd be hating on Trent Dilfer and Jason Cole. Dilfer is just a PAINFUL 49ers homer and Cole is simply ALWAYS wrong.

    Let me guess...I haven't even opened that article but let me take a stab and lets see how close I am...

    He rips Jed about wanting to talk with Harbaugh, says Jed is the one leaking all neg info and then gives some passing compliment to current regime of Lynch/Shanahan but says it won't work because Jed is Jed. Am I even close?

    There are TONS of other guys who write negative stuff about the Yorks and the 49ers. It ain't about boycotting those writers. Its about taking the intention of the writer into account when you listen to what he says.

    If Kawakai is to be believed, then York is responsible for Global Warming, World Hunger, and the Kennedy Assassination. You guys LOVE the guy for the EXACT reason you THINK I hate him. He's ALWAYS negative.

    If he were always negative and simply reported facts, I'd have no issue with him. The problem is that isn't what he does. He sparses together small inane facts and makes wild leaps and then speaks as tho "of course this is true". My objection to his writing is that I might as well take those same facts and concoct my own elaborate fairy tale and pass THAT off as fact.

    Kawakami is a hack. Always was and always will be. Worse, he's an egotistical hack who gets bent out of shape when one of his fairy tales turns out to be false and will literally CHALLENGE the subject of the article (say Harbaugh) verbally in front of cameras in an attempt to "be right" publically.

    Example? He reported after one of Aldon Smiths incidents that Aldon would never play another game with SF and would be released. That did in fact happen but only after 2 or 3 more incidents. When the team didn't IMMEDIATELY release him, Tim actually challenged Harbaugh on camera for the reason WHY he wasn't being released. He said stuff like "how many chances do you give that guy".

    Ya see there problem there? He reported that he had sources that said Aldon would be released and then when it didn't happen he challenged the coach to find out why the story he had made up didn't come true.

    Bottom line, you guys can read all his stuff you want and revel in the fun of it. He'll never disappoint you. I'll just read George R. R. Martin because it has more to do with reality than Tims writing ever will.

    Now I've written this whole thing and I already know ALL of you will dismiss this post as me just hating the guy and I'm being a Jed apologist again. Feel Free. This actually has NOTHING to do with Jed. Tim was the same way about ALL bay area teams and if he were a national reporter he'd be this way about all teams period.

    So feel free to tell me I don't like him because he doesn't like Jed. Yer just buying into his shtick and that's cool. Have fun.


    Do you think anyone read your manifesto?
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

    - Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3208
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm


  • Maulbert wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    We can agree to disagree on Kawakami, but totally agree on Harbaughs Autobiography. I'd read it all in one sitting.


    Perhaps you should go back and reread Kawakami more slowly and closely. Choosing to read for comprehension over speed is the key. Good practice in preparation for Harbaugh's autobiography. :P


    I don't need to read anything from Kawakami. I did so for years...far, far, FAR longer than anyone on this site. I already know where he stands on any topic before I open the article. Ya see his shtick is real simple. Rip teams top get attention and get invited to TV interviews based on his critical take.

    He's Skip Bayless. He's Lowell Cohn. He's the guy that rips anything and everything for clicks. That doesn't mean he always wrong because he's not, but he will NEVER be the guy whos word I take for it. Just won't happen. In fact if I wanted to not listen to a guy because I think he's always wrong, I'd be hating on Trent Dilfer and Jason Cole. Dilfer is just a PAINFUL 49ers homer and Cole is simply ALWAYS wrong.

    Let me guess...I haven't even opened that article but let me take a stab and lets see how close I am...

    He rips Jed about wanting to talk with Harbaugh, says Jed is the one leaking all neg info and then gives some passing compliment to current regime of Lynch/Shanahan but says it won't work because Jed is Jed. Am I even close?

    There are TONS of other guys who write negative stuff about the Yorks and the 49ers. It ain't about boycotting those writers. Its about taking the intention of the writer into account when you listen to what he says.

    If Kawakai is to be believed, then York is responsible for Global Warming, World Hunger, and the Kennedy Assassination. You guys LOVE the guy for the EXACT reason you THINK I hate him. He's ALWAYS negative.

    If he were always negative and simply reported facts, I'd have no issue with him. The problem is that isn't what he does. He sparses together small inane facts and makes wild leaps and then speaks as tho "of course this is true". My objection to his writing is that I might as well take those same facts and concoct my own elaborate fairy tale and pass THAT off as fact.

    Kawakami is a hack. Always was and always will be. Worse, he's an egotistical hack who gets bent out of shape when one of his fairy tales turns out to be false and will literally CHALLENGE the subject of the article (say Harbaugh) verbally in front of cameras in an attempt to "be right" publically.

    Example? He reported after one of Aldon Smiths incidents that Aldon would never play another game with SF and would be released. That did in fact happen but only after 2 or 3 more incidents. When the team didn't IMMEDIATELY release him, Tim actually challenged Harbaugh on camera for the reason WHY he wasn't being released. He said stuff like "how many chances do you give that guy".

    Ya see there problem there? He reported that he had sources that said Aldon would be released and then when it didn't happen he challenged the coach to find out why the story he had made up didn't come true.

    Bottom line, you guys can read all his stuff you want and revel in the fun of it. He'll never disappoint you. I'll just read George R. R. Martin because it has more to do with reality than Tims writing ever will.

    Now I've written this whole thing and I already know ALL of you will dismiss this post as me just hating the guy and I'm being a Jed apologist again. Feel Free. This actually has NOTHING to do with Jed. Tim was the same way about ALL bay area teams and if he were a national reporter he'd be this way about all teams period.

    So feel free to tell me I don't like him because he doesn't like Jed. Yer just buying into his shtick and that's cool. Have fun.


    Do you think anyone read your manifesto?


    Nope.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5728
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:He's Skip Bayless. He's Lowell Cohn. He's the guy that rips anything and everything for clicks.


    TK has been more artful than either Cohn or Bayless. TK cites unnamed specific sources (a person in the FO, a player in the locker room), which isn't great but better than either Cohn or Bayless.

    Cohn: Rips into Jed over the Harbaugh firing by saying, "you had a silver spoon from the moment you emerged from your mother's birth canal." The Santa Rosa Press Democrat quickly erased that comment. Cohn's delivered columns about his personal vacations and has gotten his personal child on staff as a sports columnist whose job is to back up his father.

    Bayless: No analysis, just trying to rope guests into a "gotcha" quote. What Sherman said. "You have accomplished nothing. I am better at life than you."
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 273
    Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:17 am




It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:50 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: DHawk and 35 guests