49ers dump K.D. Cannon after rookie minicamp

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
:rofl:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ShawnFace/status/861383453190701056[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/861381996228096000[/tweet]

Maulbert

Reaction score
Loathe though I am to defend the 49ers, but it's a very Pete and John approach. You may mock them for wasting money, but they didn't bother throwing good money after bad. That shows a willingness to take the medicine instead of just hoping the disease goes away.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Was reading how everyone was telling the Baylor receivers with eligibility that they should stay and play at least a year under the new coach.

The offensive style of the previous coach really hurt their stock and it seems their ability.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
No problem with this in the slightest.

That said, I would like to hear why. In that little time it has to be injury, attitude, or inability to run the route tree.

Definitely surprising, as I think they cut him after a single day (maybe two or three?) of rookie camp.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Possibly a medical thing.

Niners apparently didn't do a very thorough vetting of their prospects in this regard (e.g. Reuben Foster). I'm wondering if that is an aspect of the new FO/scouting staff that didn't get fleshed out in time for the draft.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Gotta be either medical or attitude/interpersonal, right? That's quick.

massari

Reaction score
"The organization was hardly thrilled with Cannon’s work ethic and the way he handled himself during drills, a source told FanRag Sports."

Try him out with Doug Baldwin and Pete Carroll. If he doesn't change, then goodbye. Low risk high reward.

Oh, and show him some educational vids like this

[youtube]bGCijs1ZeOM[/youtube]

Marvin49

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":16rnvu85 said:
Possibly a medical thing.

Niners apparently didn't do a very thorough vetting of their prospects in this regard (e.g. Reuben Foster). I'm wondering if that is an aspect of the new FO/scouting staff that didn't get fleshed out in time for the draft.

um, wha?

The team was well aware of the shoulder but disagree with the prognosis of SOME team physicians. I mean they only use Stanford Medical Hospital for exams. What do they know anyway?

I have no idea if the shoulder is good or not, but this wasn't a lack of research, it was a difference of opinion.

Time will tell who was right. Worst case tho it was still worth taking him at 31 if he misses the season but is the guy some think he'll be once in the league.

As for Cannon, I think it was attitude and nothing else. If it were medical I don't think they'd have been as quick to eat the signing bonus.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Rat":k95as2ix said:
Claimed by the Jets

Contract with Niners had offsetting language so only cost them 5K of the 45K guarantee.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
massari":1vwzim65 said:
"The organization was hardly thrilled with Cannon’s work ethic and the way he handled himself during drills, a source told FanRag Sports."

Try him out with Doug Baldwin and Pete Carroll. If he doesn't change, then goodbye. Low risk high reward.

You have to wonder what in the world an UDFA would be thinking by not giving full effort. Who does this guy think he is? Training camp slots are few and far between, let alone roster spots. The Jets may have claimed him, but his new reputation will follow him.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":v1i2mwap said:
massari":v1i2mwap said:

You have to wonder what in the world an UDFA would be thinking by not giving full effort. Who does this guy think he is? Training camp slots are few and far between, let alone roster spots. The Jets may have claimed him, but his new reputation will follow him.

The stink coming out of Waco has nothing to do with the stock yards. That whole program is toxic. Not surprised there was obviously no discipline at all at Baylor.

That said, it is sad to see kids declare early and then go undrafted. They def got some bad advice.

Latest posts