Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

QB Matt Hasselbeck donating brain to science

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • BOSTON (AP) - Two more retired football stars have pledged their brains to research.

Two-time Super Bowl champion Leonard Marshall and three-time Pro Bowl selection Matt Hasselbeck say they will donate their brains to the Concussion Legacy Foundation for research into chronic traumatic encephalopathy.

The announcements were made on Wednesday as part of the second annual Brain Trust conference, which is hosted by the Veterans Administration.

Hasselbeck played for the Seahawks from 2001 to 2010, leading the team to its first Super Bowl appearance.

Marshall says he already has short-term memory loss and erratic behavior. The former New York Giants defensive lineman is 55. Hasselbeck's father, Don, was a teammate of Marshall's on the Giants and pledged his brain to the foundation in 2010.

More than 1,800 former athletes and military veterans have pledged to donate their brains to the Concussion Legacy Foundation for CTE research. The progressive degenerative brain disease has been linked to repeated head trauma.

http://www.king5.com/sports/nfl/seahawk ... /440427757
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• I assume he gets to finish using it first?
    :twisted:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Mat could have an excuse, but is his Brothers wife Elisabeth Hasselbeck would do that it may answer many questions.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• sutz wrote:I assume he gets to finish using it first?

Half next month...wait a year and second half then.......then he gets an espn gig. LOL :twisted:
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• sutz wrote:I assume he gets to finish using it first?

Well lets just hope that he doesnt off himself like Junior Seau did to get his brain to science faster.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Little does he know that shortly after his death the aliens will arrive, and with them the power to resurrect the dead... but only if their brains are relatively intact... :greetingsearthling:
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

• 5_Golden_Rings wrote:Little does he know that shortly after his death the aliens will arrive, and with them the power to resurrect the dead... but only if their brains are relatively intact... :greetingsearthling:

I love the Walking Dead and Fear The Walking Dead but seriously everyone knows it was the government not aliens. Just check out the stupid plan to contain and control it. A two year old that's seriously autistic would have come up with a better plan then napalm North America.

Yeah, Donald I have an awesome idea.....<---->(lets create 320 million zombies overnight).
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• JSeahawks wrote:
    sutz wrote:I assume he gets to finish using it first?

Well lets just hope that he doesnt off himself like Junior Seau did to get his brain to science faster.

And that if he does off himself, he doesn't do it by shooting himself in the head so that his brain can't be used by the scientists.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:21 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information