QB Matt Hasselbeck donating brain to science

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
BOSTON (AP) - Two more retired football stars have pledged their brains to research.

Two-time Super Bowl champion Leonard Marshall and three-time Pro Bowl selection Matt Hasselbeck say they will donate their brains to the Concussion Legacy Foundation for research into chronic traumatic encephalopathy.

The announcements were made on Wednesday as part of the second annual Brain Trust conference, which is hosted by the Veterans Administration.

Hasselbeck played for the Seahawks from 2001 to 2010, leading the team to its first Super Bowl appearance.

Marshall says he already has short-term memory loss and erratic behavior. The former New York Giants defensive lineman is 55. Hasselbeck's father, Don, was a teammate of Marshall's on the Giants and pledged his brain to the foundation in 2010.

More than 1,800 former athletes and military veterans have pledged to donate their brains to the Concussion Legacy Foundation for CTE research. The progressive degenerative brain disease has been linked to repeated head trauma.

http://www.king5.com/sports/nfl/seahawk ... /440427757

sutz

Reaction score
I assume he gets to finish using it first?
:twisted:

chris98251

Reaction score
Mat could have an excuse, but is his Brothers wife Elisabeth Hasselbeck would do that it may answer many questions.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
sutz":3fhiqy25 said:

Half next month...wait a year and second half then.......then he gets an espn gig. LOL :twisted:

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Little does he know that shortly after his death the aliens will arrive, and with them the power to resurrect the dead... but only if their brains are relatively intact... :greetingsearthling:

Josea16

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2cxe0di5 said:
Little does he know that shortly after his death the aliens will arrive, and with them the power to resurrect the dead... but only if their brains are relatively intact... :greetingsearthling:
I love the Walking Dead and Fear The Walking Dead but seriously everyone knows it was the government not aliens. Just check out the stupid plan to contain and control it. A two year old that's seriously autistic would have come up with a better plan then napalm North America.

Yeah, Donald I have an awesome idea.....<---->(lets create 320 million zombies overnight).

fenderbender123

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1prd1wq5 said:
sutz":1prd1wq5 said:

Well lets just hope that he doesnt off himself like Junior Seau did to get his brain to science faster.

And that if he does off himself, he doesn't do it by shooting himself in the head so that his brain can't be used by the scientists.