Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

You guys remember "You make the call"?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
You guys remember "You make the call"?
Wed May 24, 2017 6:07 pm
  • It was a short commercial type thing in the 80's that used to play on MNF if I remember correctly. It would have a controversial play call and then ask the viewer what the correct call should be followed by the actual call. I used to love it.

Anyway, because of the sad news, Ive been watching a lot of old Seahawks clips that remind of that era.

Nothing more. Just curious.
    Now a guppy driver. Loving the Hawks with my bro Nanomoz for over 30 years
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

• Yep. IBM presents you make the call. Similar to Alcoa presents fantastic finishes. Both were narrated by the late great Harry Kalas. Great stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Starter

• I do remember!
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

• Those were awesome. It's fun to remember the time before every highlight was on 300 channels instantly. I remember watching MNF halftime as a kid to see the highlights from the Sunday games.
    dadof3
    NET Rookie

Re: You guys remember "You make the call"?
Wed May 24, 2017 11:27 pm
  • dadof3 wrote:Those were awesome. It's fun to remember the time before every highlight was on 300 channels instantly. I remember watching MNF halftime as a kid to see the highlights from the Sunday games.

Speaking of old stuff. I used to get my Sunday highlights from the George Michael Sports Machine.
    Now a guppy driver. Loving the Hawks with my bro Nanomoz for over 30 years
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

• I remember you make the call too when we were able to watch the game. Parents were not too interested in sports as farming was more important than watching kids on tv run around.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• rjdriver wrote:
    dadof3 wrote:Those were awesome. It's fun to remember the time before every highlight was on 300 channels instantly. I remember watching MNF halftime as a kid to see the highlights from the Sunday games.

Speaking of old stuff. I used to get my Sunday highlights from the George Michael Sports Machine.

Yes! I totally forgot about that show. Speaking of You Make The Call, I wonder what recent Hawk plays would be on there now? I think KJ's batted ball and the Hail Mary would definitely make the cut.
    dadof3
    NET Rookie

• Seahawkfan80 wrote:I remember you make the call too when we were able to watch the game. Parents were not too interested in sports as farming was more important than watching kids on tv run around.

There were TVs around when you were a kid? :stirthepot:
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• JGfromtheNW wrote:
    Seahawkfan80 wrote:I remember you make the call too when we were able to watch the game. Parents were not too interested in sports as farming was more important than watching kids on tv run around.

Yup....just broke the old one up to help support my driveway. Here is an old pic of it.

flintstones_L50.jpg
    flintstones_L50.jpg (74.53 KiB) Viewed 423 times
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    JGfromtheNW wrote:
    Seahawkfan80 wrote:I remember you make the call too when we were able to watch the game. Parents were not too interested in sports as farming was more important than watching kids on tv run around.

Yup....just broke the old one up to help support my driveway. Here is an old pic of it.

flintstones_L50.jpg

He probably has no idea what that picture is of either.
    "The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."---LP Hartley
    Trenchbroom
    NET Veteran

Re: You guys remember "You make the call"?
Fri May 26, 2017 12:02 pm
  • LOVED that segment!

They should bring it back!
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

• I remember that too. There used to be a NFL weekly highlight show that was awesome. I can't remember who produced and narrated it but he had a distinct voice. One episode that sticks in my mind was when Billy "white shoes" Johnson returned a punt for a TD. Talking about his extra clean shoes, and end zone celebrations etc.

I think Kalas is the voice on the highlight above. It was NFL Films show that I'm thinking of and he was on that. Ed and Steve Sabol took over the show later, I believe.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:56 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information