You guys remember "You make the call"?

rjdriver

Reaction score
It was a short commercial type thing in the 80's that used to play on MNF if I remember correctly. It would have a controversial play call and then ask the viewer what the correct call should be followed by the actual call. I used to love it.

Anyway, because of the sad news, Ive been watching a lot of old Seahawks clips that remind of that era.

Nothing more. Just curious.

James in PA

Reaction score
Yep. IBM presents you make the call. Similar to Alcoa presents fantastic finishes. Both were narrated by the late great Harry Kalas. Great stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dadof3

Reaction score
Those were awesome. It's fun to remember the time before every highlight was on 300 channels instantly. I remember watching MNF halftime as a kid to see the highlights from the Sunday games.

OP
OP
rjdriver

rjdriver

Reaction score
dadof3":2igspgjj said:
Those were awesome. It's fun to remember the time before every highlight was on 300 channels instantly. I remember watching MNF halftime as a kid to see the highlights from the Sunday games.

Speaking of old stuff. I used to get my Sunday highlights from the George Michael Sports Machine.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I remember you make the call too when we were able to watch the game. Parents were not too interested in sports as farming was more important than watching kids on tv run around.

dadof3

Reaction score
rjdriver":2ofbhb03 said:
dadof3":2ofbhb03 said:

Speaking of old stuff. I used to get my Sunday highlights from the George Michael Sports Machine.
Yes! I totally forgot about that show. Speaking of You Make The Call, I wonder what recent Hawk plays would be on there now? I think KJ's batted ball and the Hail Mary would definitely make the cut.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":tlcig88p said:
I remember you make the call too when we were able to watch the game. Parents were not too interested in sports as farming was more important than watching kids on tv run around.
There were TVs around when you were a kid? :stirthepot:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":fthq8gzf said:
Seahawkfan80":fthq8gzf said:

Yup....just broke the old one up to help support my driveway. Here is an old pic of it.

Flintstones L50

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3cll1d0r said:
JGfromtheNW":3cll1d0r said:
Seahawkfan80":3cll1d0r said:

Yup....just broke the old one up to help support my driveway. Here is an old pic of it.

He probably has no idea what that picture is of either.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I remember that too. There used to be a NFL weekly highlight show that was awesome. I can't remember who produced and narrated it but he had a distinct voice. One episode that sticks in my mind was when Billy "white shoes" Johnson returned a punt for a TD. Talking about his extra clean shoes, and end zone celebrations etc.

[youtube]Kx4YYHImsbk[/youtube]

I think Kalas is the voice on the highlight above. It was NFL Films show that I'm thinking of and he was on that. Ed and Steve Sabol took over the show later, I believe.