Bruce Irvin Highlights 2016/ Rant

seabird12

Reaction score
:greetingsearthling: Im a raider fan first but a closet seahawks fan matthew hasselbeck is who made me pay attention to the hawks then yall stole Tom cable and zack miller from us. Anyways I have no idea why you guys got rid of Bruce yall treated him like a role player. This guy notched 7 sacks,6 forced fumbles 72 tackles , 14 behind the line of scrimmage in 2016. The raiders are the new hawks ken norton,bruce irvin,malcolm smith,marshawn lynch. Our Gm openly admitted he offered schneider a 2nd rd pick for sherman but the talks cooled off a while back.Yall should of took the sec rd pick. The best thing yall did was cut skyler howard that dude was trash in college. Temper your expectations on luke joeckel I mean cable making him seem like a hall of famer he was good in college but so far in his career he is a bust.
https://youtu.be/lV1P_hDHDXo :0190l:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Bruce Irvin did leave a void that hasn't been filled yet but it came down to economics with him. He definitely was better than what was playing his spot last season and surely missed.
Would you like Tom Cable back? Take him...This Seahawk fan wouldn't mind. The Seahawks could use an upgrade at his spot anyway. ;)

OP
OP
S

seabird12

Reaction score
tom is a great line coach look how many projects u gave him on the line and he worked his magic

Lithium

Reaction score
seabird12":15q70kkt said:
tom is a great line coach look how many projects u gave him on the line and he worked his magic

We give him guys who should rank 32nd in blocking and he turns them into 30th rankers. Dude has talent.

DHawk

Reaction score
Too much success with too many guys. Can't keep them all. That is why he is gone.

Heyseed

Reaction score
WHY THE LONG FACE?

bruce-irvin-questions-last-play.png

That never gets old

soxhawk

Reaction score
Lithium":2se5337l said:
seabird12":2se5337l said:

We give him guys who should rank 32nd in blocking and he turns them into 30th rankers. Dude has talent.

That's the quote of the day.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Is that true about the Raiders offering a 2nd for Sherm? That's the first I've heard of it.

Hey Raiders fan, we'll see you in the Super Bowl in Minny. You have to get out of a tough division first though.

The Breh

Reaction score
Heyseed":167u1f14 said:
WHY THE LONG FACE?

bruce-irvin-questions-last-play.png

That never gets old
How bold of you to type that anonymously :twisted: :sarcasm_on:
I never liked him leaving. I don't know if he was looking for bucks deluxe but that is a position that hasn't been the same since the departure.
We were criticized for the pick, many by fans and he proved worth the gamble.
I'm glad he found a contender of a team and got to link up with former Hawks who also have rings from a sensational season.
He's the lone Hawk from that D we cut loose who went on to still produce.
The possible Marsh filling that role won't happen and I don't think we want Clark roaming in coverage either despite speculation of him losing weight to play it.
I wish him nothing but the best :2thumbs:

Just don't "Browner" us in the future :shock:

IrishNW

Reaction score
Bruce Irvin is the second best player on your defense, while he wouldn't even be a 3 down player in ours. Last i heard raider nation wasnt happy with Ken Norton JR, something about to much talent to give up that many points... sherman for a 2nd round pick? nice troll. Good luck in the playoffs...if you make it

OP
OP
S

seabird12

Reaction score
Irving said before he left seattle he was willing to take a hometown discount but your front office just didnt care for the guy and he felt undervalued. Anyways you clled me troll im not sure why?
If your saying that sherman is worth more than a second round pick then I would ask you to take his age into consideration he is not getting any younger. No team is going to fork over a first rounder for sherman and thats facts.

Also norton is good defensive coordinator he didnt have the right players to run his scheme our corners were ass last yer noticed we drafted the tallest db in the draft in the secound and drafted conley in the first round. Norton will shine this year

See you in the playoffs!!! :irishdrinkers:

IrishNW

Reaction score
seabird12":ryh4wx8k said:
Irving said before he left seattle he was willing to take a hometown discount but your front office just didnt care for the guy and he felt undervalued. Anyways you clled me troll im not sure why?
If your saying that sherman is worth more than a second round pick then I would ask you to take his age into consideration he is not getting any younger. No team is going to fork over a first rounder for sherman and thats facts.

Also norton is good defensive coordinator he didnt have the right players to run his scheme our corners were ass last yer noticed we drafted the tallest db in the draft in the secound and drafted conley in the first round. Norton will shine this year

nope

irocdave

Reaction score
seabird12":2q0p8mp6 said:

Trying to egg on Hawks fans with fake Bruce Ervin disrespect, nice. Seems 2013'sih niner fannish. Is that who your were pullling for back then, my money is on YES. Bruce left town because the Hawks couldn't pay EVERYONE. At some point they had to cut back and Bruce was a casualty of the system. If you cant comprehend that, wait 5 years and your soon to be leaving the armpit of the nation Oakland Raiders will demonstrate what happens if they win a SB. Before you get your chrome panties in a bunch, your soon to be departed bedazzled team has to have the gumption to overcome all comers. When was the last time that happened MR 2 birds in tha bush?

This thread feels like it started in the toilet zone, and I have zero sympathy for the thread starter. Am I off base with tihs thought process?

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
We put our money in better defensive players. Bruce was just OK for the Hawks. Always a great athlete, never a truly great player. Also overaged for a big 2nd contract.

Raiders are not 'the new Hawks' as they haven't done anything in the playoffs for years. They have potential, thats about all anyone can really say.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":tuv4mafn said:
Bruce was just OK for the Hawks. Always a great athlete, never a truly great player.

I felt the same. Plus he was another attitude Pete had to deal with.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Extremely inconsistent player. He showed up about half the time. Yet wasn't afraid to talk a lot of junk w/out backing it up.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
seabird12":38lbqx6g said:
:Anyways I have no idea why you guys got rid of Bruce yall treated him like a role player. This guy notched 7 sacks,6 forced fumbles 72 tackles , 14 behind the line of scrimmage in 2016.

Was really simple. We had too many great players to pay. Irvin was a very good player. It happens all the time to teams loaded with talent. As a Raiders fan, I expect you'll find this out in a few years when your young stars on rookie deals get into their second contracts.

Hated him when we picked him (pined for Fletcher Cox that year). But quickly grew to love the player and became a household favorite here. He's one of the handful of players that I'd hope Seattle could manage to reunite with down the road. Was sorry to see him go. But completely understood the move and expected it well before we declined his 5th year option. Keeping Irvin would have required losing one of: Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor, Richard Sherman, Bobby Wagner, KJ Wright, Cliff Avril or Michael Bennett. Irvin is not the equal of any of those players (at least as his role and our scheme is concerned).

I expect his production in a different scheme or role would be far better than it was destined to be here. Much like Golden Tate.

seabird12":38lbqx6g said:
Temper your expectations on luke joeckel I mean cable making him seem like a hall of famer he was good in college but so far in his career he is a bust.
https://youtu.be/lV1P_hDHDXo :0190l:

Nobody has unrealistic expectations for Joeckel. Cable is always a flowers and happiness kind of guy at this time of the year. This will be the third straight "Best OL we've ever assembled". The message now falls on deaf ears.

If Joeckel can be mediocre -- I think that is an upgrade for us. In a market (and draft class) where a shade above average is netting highest contracts ever, Joeckel is a relative bargain.