Clayton out at ESPN

kidhawk

Reaction score
I'm glad that this doesn't change his status on local radio. At least we can still get to hear his take. He may not have 100% accuracy (who does really), but he reports with fairness and a fairly high amount of accuracy. I'd take his opinion seriously way more often than most of the sports reporters out there. You just don't see him get into a lot of the click bait stuff that so many seem to use too often.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kidhawk":xm38fhkm said:
I'm glad that this doesn't change his status on local radio. At least we can still get to hear his take. He may not have 100% accuracy (who does really), but he reports with fairness and a fairly high amount of accuracy. I'd take his opinion seriously way more often than most of the sports reporters out there. You just don't see him get into a lot of the click bait stuff that so many seem to use too often.
Your last sentence is one of the reasons he is so good. The TMZ mentality is all too common in the sports media these days.
Clayton will land on his feet and probably have a new national gig within' a month (barring a no-compete clause).

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2jgdznqp said:
kidhawk":2jgdznqp said:
Your last sentence is one of the reasons he is so good. The TMZ mentality is all too common in the sports media these days.
Clayton will land on his feet and probably have a new national gig within' a month (barring a no-compete clause).

I would hope that Clayton is smart enough to insure that any non-compete clause in his contract would have escape routes for situations where he is laid off such as this.

I have become less and less a fan of national sports media and focus more on local media as I think they generally do a better job of covering what I want to know.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
ESPN is dumb.

It feels like they just want hot women and loud mouths. Entertainment over substance. I watch the games for entertainment, I watch sports shows for information and insight.

sdog1981

Reaction score
I love how everyone bashes TMZ. You do realize in 2017 TMZ is the source of news and ESPN is the source of reaction to the news. TMZ Sports reports more news than ESPN does and that is why 2017 ESPN is screwed.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
John is good at what he does, better yet he's truly a good person. John, here's hoping that you land somewhere better and we can enjoy your work for years to come.

sdog1981

Reaction score
He was working on Serius XM NFL over the weekend so I hope that gig sticks

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SeaTimesSports/status/869969651677052928[/tweet]

gowazzu02

Reaction score
sdog1981":2rw4uzcn said:
I love how everyone bashes TMZ. You do realize in 2017 TMZ is the source of news and ESPN is the source of reaction to the news. TMZ Sports reports more news than ESPN does and that is why 2017 ESPN is screwed.

If which sports star the latest Kardashian is hooking up with then sure yes. News. But thats not what I consider news....

James in PA

Reaction score
The Professor? ? You got to be kidding me! ESPN blows!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WmHBonney

Reaction score
sdog1981":3m7jgtln said:

What the hell is TMZ?

ivotuk

Reaction score
ESPN is a dumpster fire. They started pushing issues and agendas that were outside the pervue of sports and it cost them.

I canceled my subscriptions to ESPN and Sports Illustrated for that reason.

I think Fox sports recognized that trend and focused on sports. I think they will come out on top because of it.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Hawkfish":39iyo9j8 said:
That sucks! In my mind, he is THE NFL reporter.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... t-at-espn/
Could not agree more!

But Clayton didn't appear to be too upset!

He'll stay busy and probably can get another gig as fast as he wants too!

ESPN sucks now!

I like John Clayton!

He's my favorite reporter!

I want to meet him someday and take a photo with him!

The man is a legend!

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
ESPN sucks and I don't watch that Network unless I have to for a Seahawks game. They have to much politics in there programming now. It's unfortunate that politics has become such a dividing line in America that even our Sports are becoming politicized. They also engage in to much negative coverage of certain teams. ESPN has been on an absolute mission to run down Seattle this off season. Even when the players come out on record and give different facts they just ignore them and pump out exaggerated stories and a narrative that fits there agenda.

Atradees

Reaction score
John Clayton is awesome. Espn must be going down in flames. Longtime fan...him an Huard..

sdog1981

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":ewuwdwmw said:
ESPN sucks and I don't watch that Network unless I have to for a Seahawks game. They have to much politics in there programming now. It's unfortunate that politics has become such a dividing line in America that even our Sports are becoming politicized. They also engage in to much negative coverage of certain teams. ESPN has been on an absolute mission to run down Seattle this off season. Even when the players come out on record and give different facts they just ignore them and pump out exaggerated stories and a narrative that fits there agenda.

They do this to the Jets too. I think it is a sign that the team has arrived to a point that any Seahawks news is national news