Seahawks Not Signing Kaepernick

Rocket

Reaction score
"at this time"... that means not today. That doesn't prohibit signing him tomorrow.
Seahawk management keeps their options open.

Seymour

Reaction score
In Pete's presser on NFLN he said Kap deserves to start somewhere and someone should give him a chance LOL.

Josea16

Reaction score
Seymour":2t5gf3tk said:
In Pete's presser on NFLN he said Kap deserves to start somewhere and someone should give him a chance LOL.
Why the LOL? Fact is he can and should be a starter for 10-15 teams in the NFL, not for the Seahawks of course but he's a damn good backup for any team with a top 10 quarterback. I know your whole deal is to hate on certain players and be negative but really?

OP
OP
pittpnthrs

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Rocket":2jwy94m0 said:
"at this time"... that means not today. That doesn't prohibit signing him tomorrow.
Seahawk management keeps their options open.

Your right. I jumped the gun and didn't read the article thoroughly enough. Sorry.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":1zgkt3og said:
In Pete's presser on NFLN he said Kap deserves to start somewhere and someone should give him a chance .

Parsing Pete: Kaep wants way more money than we're willing pay, and comes with too much baggage, for a backup.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Josea16":75ipuxmh said:
Seymour":75ipuxmh said:
Why the LOL? Fact is he can and should be a starter for 10-15 teams in the NFL, not for the Seahawks of course but he's a damn good backup for any team with a top 10 quarterback. I know your whole deal is to hate on certain players and be negative but really?

Kaepernick is only good as a backup. He's a one-read guy with no game beyond his mobility. He would only start on 10-15 teams because their QB-drafting skills went belly-up anyway.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2opdst2j said:
Josea16":2opdst2j said:
Seymour":2opdst2j said:

Kaepernick is only good as a backup. He's a one-read guy with no game beyond his mobility. He would only start on 10-15 teams because their QB-drafting skills went belly-up anyway.

Im confused cause you kinda circled around from "hes a backup caliber QB" back to "he would start for 10-15 teams in the NFL..."

He's not good enough to be a starter in the NFL, but he would be better than atleast 10 starters in the NFL... :3-1:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Guess he wouldn't take a league min one year deal...no way will they give a back up qb much more than that.

Seymour

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2ccsppz7 said:
Guess he wouldn't take a league min one year deal...no way will they give a back up qb much more than that.

Exactly what I've said all along.

They know what the player is looking for $$ wise when they invite him for a visit. Kap knows he was being looked at for a backup position before he came in also.
Yet Pete gives the verbal endorsement, then votes with his wallet. Actions speak louder than words IMO.

Hyak

Reaction score
Once I heard Pete speak on it, it was clear to me that the issue is money. He wants more than the Seahawks want to pay for a player that in their plans won't ever see the field.

"For Now" hedges against Wilson's health and/or Kaepernick's price.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
If anything happened to RW, Kap would be on Pete's short list of available QBs, and we'd be willing to pay what Kap is asking for, which is starting QB $$$. That said, we're not paying $10M for someone to hold a clipboard.

Looking at the potential starting QBs on teams such as Denver, Houston, and Buffalo -- not to mention disaster areas like the Jets, Bears and Browns -- I don't see how they're a whole lot better than Kap.

Josea16

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3f1uvka7 said:
Josea16":3f1uvka7 said:
Seymour":3f1uvka7 said:

Exactly. To be clear he really is a backup level quarterback but the overall quarterback situation in the NFL for the lower tier teams makes him just as good or better then what they currently have. So yes for those 10-15 bad teams he could start.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":3b3ag18z said:
Seymour":3b3ag18z said:
In Pete's presser on NFLN he said Kap deserves to start somewhere and someone should give him a chance .

Parsing Pete: Kaep wants way more money than we're willing pay, and comes with too much baggage, for a backup.

Take a good look around our locker room. Kap's baggage wouldn't stand out the way it could on other teams.

Seymour

Reaction score
Josea16":4e7k9rx8 said:
Seymour":4e7k9rx8 said:

You seem to have it all figured out, so why ask?
I know "your whole deal" is to come in swinging at every comment you dislike, so this opinion is no surprise to me. I will not dignify the comment itself with a proper answer because that would be giving you what you want.

OP
OP
pittpnthrs

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
He'll play eventually this season, but it looks like its going to take an injury to anothers team QB for that to happen. He obviously isnt in panic mode yet as he hasent seemed to lower his price.