Season Ticket Partner Issues

devo2478

Reaction score
Figured this may be the right room for this but wanted to get some thoughts and feedback. Recently I relocated out of the PNW to another city and bought season tickets for that NFL team. That team has a new stadium which has PSLs. Three of my neighbors had expressed interest in purchasing PSLs and season tickets so I went from two seats in the old stadium to four in the new stadium. The account as well as the PSL contract from the team is all in my name. Recently things went sideways with the friendships and I informed them I am not offering the seats to them this season and will be keeping all four. A couple weeks back I received a summons for small claims court that they each want $2000 for the value of their PSL which was $500 and that I offered them but they did not accept. Has anyone else ever had issues with season ticket partners or even had to go to small claims court over it? Tried google but not much showed up.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
You wrote that all documentation is in your name from the Team. A couple questions to help that person that may be able to help you.

Did you do any documentation with the friends or is this a verbal agreement? (This would solve a lot.)

Second, is the valuation of the Seat PSL PCL better or equal to that which you offered? (I am considering original price to inflated price. Or are the PSL/PCL prices fixed to be the same price and they are trying to gouge you?)

Is there a way to find out if the valuation is better or worse than original purchase? (This is of course helping them to get their value out of the original purchase as though it was for futures marketing.)

Sounds like a simple contract case from the Peoples Court standpoint which I can no longer watch as they changed channels on me.

Those are the only questions I can help the person that may be able to help you with. I am not a lawyer nor do I play one on tv. I just used to watch a lot of Peoples Court and Judge Millian broke it down to a contract case as much as she could and makes it simple to the layman.

OP
OP
D

devo2478

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":37vbjuhh said:
You wrote that all documentation is in your name from the Team. A couple questions to help that person that may be able to help you.

Did you do any documentation with the friends or is this a verbal agreement? (This would solve a lot.)

Second, is the valuation of the Seat PSL PCL better or equal to that which you offered? (I am considering original price to inflated price. Or are the PSL/PCL prices fixed to be the same price and they are trying to gouge you?)

Is there a way to find out if the valuation is better or worse than original purchase? (This is of course helping them to get their value out of the original purchase as though it was for futures marketing.)

Sounds like a simple contract case from the Peoples Court standpoint which I can no longer watch as they changed channels on me.

Those are the only questions I can help the person that may be able to help you with. I am not a lawyer nor do I play one on tv. I just used to watch a lot of Peoples Court and Judge Millian broke it down to a contract case as much as she could and makes it simple to the layman.

There are some emails so the wording will be the tricky part. None of the emails discuss specifically ownership, just purchasing. Im hoping the PSL contract may supercede anything else though. I offered them what they paid in towards the PSL but they rejected that and wanted street value which was 400% of what they paid. Im now pushing to not pay them anything as they got what they paid for and have not paid any further funds for this season.

mikeak

Reaction score
An offer extended is valid until either party changes the offer. If you say - hey you can buy this for $500 and they say how about $495 now the original offer is no longer valid. Point being if you offered them to buy the tickets and they opted against doing so / not replying / countered then you have full legal right to withdraw the offer. The only thing that would negate this is if they had accepted prior to you withdrawing the offer.

Also relevant would be if they paid anything towards the PSL or you fully funded that

So how did the case workout?

EDIT: just saw that you wrote: I offered them what they paid in towards the PSL but they rejected that and wanted street value which was 400% of what they paid

If they paid the PSL jointly then no matter whos name it is they paid it. If you are trying to profit from their investment I would say - yeah they have a right to the money