Elvis has left the building...

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score

KillerB

Reaction score
That guy isn't close to what he once was, but as a rotational guy and "mentor" it could be good for you. Depending on price - but then the Niners have a ton of money to blow too.

nanomoz

Reaction score
He could be kind of what Raheem Brock was to the Hawks a few years ago. Low risk, potential high short-term reward. Dude's a pro. Can't hurt to have him around with such talented youngsters.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
It's kind of annoying how far the 49ers have fallen. From struggling to keep home-grown great defensive talent to picking up has-beens. I'm kind of annoyed at Jed York for basically pushing Harbaugh out the door. He was so eminently hate-worthy, and got top-notch performance out of Kaepernick; now it's just like, "There's a team worthy of mentioning in the Bay area and it's NOT the Niners."

OP
OP
5_Golden_Rings

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1gc54sq9 said:
It's kind of annoying how far the 49ers have fallen. From struggling to keep home-grown great defensive talent to picking up has-beens. I'm kind of annoyed at Jed York for basically pushing Harbaugh out the door. He was so eminently hate-worthy, and got top-notch performance out of Kaepernick; now it's just like, "There's a team worthy of mentioning in the Bay area and it's NOT the Niners."
You are right, but it's looking like you're going to be surprised at how fast they come back to being competitive. Things are night and day in the front office and coaching staff, and it has recently been revealed that several players weren't even trying on defense last season (and this has been rectified, and swiftly: the first guy who was caught jogging in a drill, a guy who was the highest paid UFA this season and thought to have been a steal, was immediately cut the very first day).

There's more talent on the team now, and much better coaching and culture. I give it two seasons and they'll be back as a serious playoff contender. You'll see. They weren't as untalented as their record suggested. Like Seattle when Pete Carroll got there, there has been massive roster turnover. Things are looking good.

NINEster

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3lz2f33h said:

Harbaugh's effectiveness went out the window after Malcolm Smith caught the ball.

And probably because of Baalke being unable to get real help to get the Niners over the top.

Doesn't look like Baalke would ever get axed based on what we have seen the two years following Baughth's departure...

So Harbaugh held back by GM would have been nothing special.

Those two guys were pretty damn good but not good enough.

If I were you, I'd caution against the eternal demise of the 49ers and look out for your boys who are getting that 2014 49er glow pretty strong right about now.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NINEster":1aow4bmf said:
RolandDeschain":1aow4bmf said:

Harbaugh's effectiveness went out the window after Malcolm Smith caught the ball.

And probably because of Baalke being unable to get real help to get the Niners over the top.

Doesn't look like Baalke would ever get axed based on what we have seen the two years following Baughth's departure...

So Harbaugh held back by GM would have been nothing special.

Those two guys were pretty damn good but not good enough.

If I were you, I'd caution against the eternal demise of the 49ers and look out for your boys who are getting that 2014 49er glow pretty strong right about now.
Your last sentence has been bellowed by a couple of your cohorts for a few years now.
According the those fellows Seattle's downfall was right around the corner and Seattle was just a year behind the Niners in that aspect, this was said right after XLVIII.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
NINEster":19ts3ob5 said:
Nowhere did I state, or even come close to implying, that the demise of the 49ers is eternal. Don't be butt-hurt; the 49ers are just worthless at present until proven otherwise, no timeline inferred or attached.

SF49r

Reaction score
I'm excited to see our defense this season, Saleh seems like the real deal and the players are loving the 4-3 switch