Carr to get top end money

Lithium

Reaction score
To win you have to have a top QB, Carr is that caliber.
Ive seen it for years now, this guy will be an MVP one day.

Raiders may never win a championship, but if they keep building around Carr and Mack they will be top team in the league or at least a tough team to beat year after year.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
5 year $125m extension to his current deal.

Brokeland Raiders amirite?

kobebryant

Reaction score
I think Carr is Super Bowl caliber, even though we have no idea yet what kind of playoff performer he is.

Hopefully they make that push real soon while they're still in Oakland with Marshawn, as that'd be really cool to see. With Mack, Cooper, and Gabe Jackson also needing 2nd contracts soon there are gonna be some tough decisions to make; similar to how the Hawks had to take their medicine post-2013 with tough decisions regarding Clem, Breno, Red, Clint, GT et al

chris98251

Reaction score
Carr has Sack and performs under pressure well, they would have been seriously in the Mix if not for his injury last year.

Having been a Fan of Oakland, you have Mark Wilson types that are good QB's but fold and then you have Kenny Stablers and Darryl Lamonica types that rise when there is pressure, Carr rises, but he can only go as far as his defense limits oppositions last season, he has weapons now and Oakland still likes to go deep.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
HawkGA":2o7eykda said:
Russ got paid after he won, not before. Russ also benefited from the team being able to build around him while his salary was low.

Paying people for what they accomplished in the past is never a good idea, and paying people for what their team accomplished in the past is an even worse idea (see: Joe Flacco).

Wilson, like Carr, got paid for what they're expected to do in the future. The past doesn't matter a lick.

The Raiders also have done the majority of their team building while Carr was on a cheap deal.

FWIW I think Carr is overrated and will regress a bit, but if I'm wrong about that, it will be far from the first time.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I don't get how any Seahawk fan could have been a fan of Oakland. They were a major division rival. Now I think most Hawk fans just "don't hate" them anymore. I sure as hell will not root for them. Actually, I could care less about them. Meh..

pmedic920

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":28ljmdc3 said:
I don't get how any Seahawk fan could have been a fan of Oakland. They were a major division rival. Now I think most Hawk fans just "don't hate" them anymore. I sure as hell will not root for them. Actually, I could care less about them. Meh..

You wouldn't "root" for them if they were playing the Pat's in the AFCCG ?

Seahawks are my team but I like the "foosball" (waterboy) in general.
I can think of multiple scenarios that I would "root" for the Raiders.

YMMV :{)

chris98251

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2ircyspm said:

I guess it's the same way people can root for Michigan and not the UW :)

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
chris98251":swknxjqy said:
Seahwkgal":swknxjqy said:

If YOU LIVE in Michigan, it's either UM or MSU. I haven't lived in WA since 1984 and I was never a big college football fan until later in my life. The Wolverines captured me about 20 years ago. The Seahawks have ALWAYS been my favorite sports team since I was 10 in 1977. So there is that. I remember HATING the Raiders for a long time. And I would root for them now against NE of course. In general though, I just don't care about Oakland. Meh...

GoHawks!!! GoBlue!!!

mistaowen

Reaction score
I think it's a well deserved contract. I thought they were the only team in the AFC to compete with the Pats last year til he got injured and it was clear how important he was to their success after he went down. They should have a nice young nucleus for the foreseeable future.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3bheom7g said:
chris98251":3bheom7g said:
Seahwkgal":3bheom7g said:

If YOU LIVE in Michigan, it's either UM or MSU. I haven't lived in WA since 1984 and I was never a big college football fan until later in my life. The Wolverines captured me about 20 years ago. The Seahawks have ALWAYS been my favorite sports team since I was 10 in 1977. So there is that. I remember HATING the Raiders for a long time. And I would root for them now against NE of course. In general though, I just don't care about Oakland. Meh...

GoHawks!!! GoBlue!!!

That was a big too easy button to push :) Love ya Seahwkgal :tongue:

bigskydoc

Reaction score
As long is Lynch is on the Raiders, they will be my second favorite team. As soon as he leaves, they can crash and burn for all I care, and I will only root for them when it helps the Hawks, or hurts the Patriots.

RedAlice

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1k092lot said:
5 year $125m extension to his current deal.

Brokeland Raiders amirite?

Carr confirmed on Friday during a post-signing press conference that his deal was structured in order to help the Raiders ink other superstars. Khalil Mack, quite possibly the best defensive player in the league, will most likely be next along with guard Gabe Jackson. Mack is entering the final year of his rookie deal with a fifth-year option season coming in 2018. Mack will undoubtedly top the market for all defensive players, with Von Miller's six-year, $114.5 million deal ($19,083,333 per year with $70 million in practical guarantees) serving as a baseline. Jackson, a former third-round pick, is entering the final year of his deal.

"We figured out a way to do it so that we have the opportunity to sign the other guys that I think are important to this organization," Carr said. "That was really important to me. Not to just take every single dime that we could. I hope that that's known. Obviously, the position that I play, it has to be around a certain number. It just is what it is. At the same time, I told (my agent), if we can structure it in a way to help the Raiders get the other guys, give them an opportunity to come in, that that would be really important to me too."

As NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport noted, Carr's contract was backloaded, which could end up working out for both the Raiders and Carr. In the near future, Mack can get paid and down the line, Carr can have a larger portion of his money while the team is in Nevada -- a state with no state-level tax.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -our-stars

BostonBlackie

Reaction score
pmedic920":3in2kvzp said:
Seahwkgal":3in2kvzp said:

You wouldn't "root" for them if they were playing the Pat's in the AFCCG ?

Why would anyone but an Oakland resident do that?