Dorial Green-Beckham Waived

Basis4day

Reaction score
I'm pretty confident another team higher in the waiver order will pick him up but weren't the Seahawks rumored to be very high on him?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Basis4day":3vnxeoyy said:
I'm pretty confident another team higher in the waiver order will pick him up but weren't the Seahawks rumored to be very high on him?

I would take him in a heartbeat but it's looking like he'll never meet his full potential.

massari

Reaction score
Yeah can't see 25 teams ahead of the Hawks passing on him in waivers.

They say if he gets his work ethic under control, he could be something

Surprised they couldn't even get a 7th for him.

kidhawk

Reaction score
With 2 years left on his deal at a total of about $2 million non-guaranteed, someone will want to see him at least for camp. I can't see how he'd make it through waivers right now

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Bad hands, poor route runner who plays much smaller than he is and who has lacked efforts at two different stops in which a starting role was his for the taking. He was awful in camp and got beat out by an UDFA in like 10 days of work.

I'm guessing he clears waivers, and even if he doesn't, I'd be surprised if he ends up on a 53 this year.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1fb1nzb6 said:
Bad hands, poor route runner who plays much smaller than he is and who has lacked efforts at two different stops in which a starting role was his for the taking. He was awful in camp and got beat out by an UDFA in like 10 days of work.

I'm guessing he clears waivers, and even if he doesn't, I'd be surprised if he ends up on a 53 this year.

The fact that his money isn't guaranteed and there's an entire training camp to give him a free look is why he shouldn't clear waivers. 31 teams have an opportunity to see if he's ready to work with little to no risk. The upside far outweighs the downside here.

I don't think I'd grab him for us but put of the rest of the league someone should five him a once over.

You may be correct that he might not make it to the 53 but that'll be on him

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Eh, he's the next Stephen Hill: a second round pick due to height and straightline speed but nothing else.

Hill got his two chances also, and is now playing in Canada.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3n06mlik said:
Eh, he's the next Stephen Hill: a second round pick due to height and straightline speed but nothing else.

Hill got his two chances also, and is now playing in Canada.

This wouldn't surprise me, and if it were mid season, I'd be 100% in agreement with you, but given his contract status and the timing, any team can pick him up without any consequences. As large as the roster is right now whomever is cut to make room wasn't going to make the squad anyway. I'd be surprised if he wasn't in camp with someone. I wouldn't be surprised if he was cut when rosters are trimmed.

massari

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2l3pspas said:
plays much smaller than he is

Crazy because he actually shows flashes once in a while, which would suggest lack of passion, right?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFLUK/status/785194380982386688[/tweet]

[youtube]THwwm5uSl_I[/youtube]

If Baldwin, Sherman, Carroll can light a fire under him and he works on some things, he could be a nice pick up. Like Dion Jordan, no risk high reward.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
My understanding is that waiver period is longer in the offseason. Kinda surprised he's still unclaimed.

Bring him to camp at least.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Basis4day":8hta5eik said:
My understanding is that waiver period is longer in the offseason. Kinda surprised he's still unclaimed.

According to the NFL it's still 24 hours, with late fri and sat claims processed on Sunday.

http://operations.nfl.com/updates/the-p ... -overview/

He was cut on Fri and it's past end of day Monday, so if the NFL ops site is right he either cleared or he was claimed and it didn't get announced yet.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
massari":1g24tjgk said:
Popeyejones":1g24tjgk said:
plays much smaller than he is

Crazy because he actually shows flashes once in a while, which would suggest lack of passion, right?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFLUK/status/785194380982386688[/tweet]

[youtube]THwwm5uSl_I[/youtube]

If Baldwin, Sherman, Carroll can light a fire under him and he works on some things, he could be a nice pick up. Like Dion Jordan, no risk high reward.

Rarely do I agree with you on player acquisitions, but I do here. That said DGB's biggest knock since college was that he always seemed to just go through the motions. He had a Randy Moss like attitude, without the skillset to match.

I'd love to give him a shot - but I would be very surprised if he were brought on.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Headcase at Missouri

Headcase at Tennesse

Headcase at Philly

NO THANKS

Josea16

Reaction score
I'd rather they stick with players that care and are hungry like that kid we drafted from tenbucktwo, David Moore I think?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I wanted the Hawks to draft this guy so bad.

Just another reason (among many) why I would suck as a GM.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
So by this point we're safe to conclude he cleared waivers, I imagine.

ivotuk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1mayhc66 said:
I wanted the Hawks to draft this guy so bad.

Just another reason (among many) why I would suck as a GM.

You would have worked out perfectly at Tennessee :p