Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Why wont they pick up revis for the slot ?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Why wont they pick up revis for the slot ?
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:54 am
  • Hes obviously past his best but hes still serviceable in a limited role, hes not the shutdown CB he was even 3 years ago but he is no doubt better than lane would be in the slot. Lane has been pretty bad since he came back post injury im just keeping it real hes burnt toast.

Why not bring in a vet like revis and atleast give him a chance? you really think lane is better than revis at 32 even?
    RussB
    NET Veteran

• Revis is getting $6 million for sitting at home this season from the Jets. He has no incentive to play unless he can make more than that. And no team is giving him more than that based on his play last year.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

• Depth DBs need to be able to contribute on special teams.

Lane, Shead, and Thorpe; and even Maxwell, Thurmond, Browner and Parker before them all contributed on special teams. I'm not sure Revis has anything to offer in that regard at this stage of his career.

I'd imagine the cost to sign him would be fairly prohibitive as well.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

• No way they could afford him, and at this point i his career I'd guess he'd be even worse in the slot than outside.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• Popeyejones wrote:No way they could afford him, and at this point i his career I'd guess he'd be even worse in the slot than outside.

I hope shaquill griffin or one of the DB's on the roster takes lanes spot then, hes just been so burn prone.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

• Too much $$$. As for Lane he's never been the same since he got hurt in XLIX.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Revis' days at corner are done IMO. He'll need to move to safety a la Charles Woodson if he wants to continue playing somewhere.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• I'm a Revis Island fan but Revis is done. Outside or in the slot, press man or off coverage, speed and strength, intelligence, ball skills, Revis was the complete shutdown package. Revis in his prime was a beast! Probably 1st ballot Hall of Fame!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "You know why I'm on Seahawks.net!" -Marshawn Lynch

Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Pete Carroll & Darrell Bevell be like: "Trust us--we're gonna outsmart them!"
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Starter

• FWIW IIRC Revis was atrocious for the first half of last year, but in the borderlands between a CB1 and CB2 for the second half of the year.

I don't think the Seahawks are the right team, but somebody with the cap room who thinks they could be in contention this year should give him a shot.

In particular I'm thinking teams with the cap room to eat 4 or 5 million on a one year at this point and CB problems, such as the Cowboys, Cardinals, Panthers, Packers, and Colts.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• If Revis wants a job, he's going to need to switch to safety. He doesn't have the quickness to play in the slot. He'd be worse there than he is outside.
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran

• I think I read where he said he just wasn't interested in playing.

Don't think anyone would sign someone who didn't have his heart and head into the game.. not for what he makes and would want to make if he signed.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:37 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information