Why wont they pick up revis for the slot ?

RussB

Reaction score
Hes obviously past his best but hes still serviceable in a limited role, hes not the shutdown CB he was even 3 years ago but he is no doubt better than lane would be in the slot. Lane has been pretty bad since he came back post injury im just keeping it real hes burnt toast.

Why not bring in a vet like revis and atleast give him a chance? you really think lane is better than revis at 32 even?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Revis is getting $6 million for sitting at home this season from the Jets. He has no incentive to play unless he can make more than that. And no team is giving him more than that based on his play last year.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Depth DBs need to be able to contribute on special teams.

Lane, Shead, and Thorpe; and even Maxwell, Thurmond, Browner and Parker before them all contributed on special teams. I'm not sure Revis has anything to offer in that regard at this stage of his career.

I'd imagine the cost to sign him would be fairly prohibitive as well.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
No way they could afford him, and at this point i his career I'd guess he'd be even worse in the slot than outside.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
Popeyejones":samy6zcp said:
No way they could afford him, and at this point i his career I'd guess he'd be even worse in the slot than outside.
I hope shaquill griffin or one of the DB's on the roster takes lanes spot then, hes just been so burn prone.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Too much $$$. As for Lane he's never been the same since he got hurt in XLIX.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Revis' days at corner are done IMO. He'll need to move to safety a la Charles Woodson if he wants to continue playing somewhere.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I'm a Revis Island fan but Revis is done. Outside or in the slot, press man or off coverage, speed and strength, intelligence, ball skills, Revis was the complete shutdown package. Revis in his prime was a beast! Probably 1st ballot Hall of Fame!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Popeyejones

Reaction score
FWIW IIRC Revis was atrocious for the first half of last year, but in the borderlands between a CB1 and CB2 for the second half of the year.

I don't think the Seahawks are the right team, but somebody with the cap room who thinks they could be in contention this year should give him a shot.

In particular I'm thinking teams with the cap room to eat 4 or 5 million on a one year at this point and CB problems, such as the Cowboys, Cardinals, Panthers, Packers, and Colts.

nanomoz

Reaction score
If Revis wants a job, he's going to need to switch to safety. He doesn't have the quickness to play in the slot. He'd be worse there than he is outside.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I think I read where he said he just wasn't interested in playing.

Don't think anyone would sign someone who didn't have his heart and head into the game.. not for what he makes and would want to make if he signed.