Former Patriots OL Sebastian Vollmer: Magic of Scar 'amazing

ivotuk

Reaction score
This was just "quick hita' at ESPN, but I always wondered, because NE always protected Tom pretty well, and they would take nobody RBs and get good yards out of them. It comes down the the OL Coach.

Don't get me wrong, I think we have a great OL Coach, it's just that they've (IMHO) spent too much time screwing around with versatile players instead of teaching them how to play their own damn position first.

Former Patriots OL Sebastian Vollmer: Magic of Scar 'amazing to watch'

"One of the greatest who ever coached," Vollmer said of Scarnecchia, who is affectionately referred to as "Scar" in New England. "I don't want to take any credit away from the players, but you really have to credit the coaching job they do. You take a Joe Schmo like me and make him a serviceable player; they do this over and over again, and it’s amazing to watch."

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-pa ... g-to-watch

BostonBlackie

Reaction score
Dante Scarnecchia is a household name around here.

Many of you probably know this already but it illustrates how good of a coach Scarnecchia is. He had retired, and was fishing on Cape Cod. Then Brady got the **** beat out him in the 2016 AFC Championship game against Denver. So they begged Scarnecchia to come back. He, and I was surprised, said ok. What happened? We won the 2017 SB.