Lamp out for season

mikeak

Reaction score
I get that injuries can be freak injuries that would maybe never happen in different places, but still I found it interesting that Forrest Lamp is unfortunately now out for the season.

He is a player that many Seahawks fans wanted and he has an ACL tear

So instead of getting him we got a guy that injured himself driving an ATV.

It is all a gamble and unfortunately so many things go into making a draft a success or not. Very few of those things are controlled by the team......

getnasty

Reaction score
The Chargers can't catch a break, seems like every year there snake bitten by injurys.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I am reading that Ryan Tannehill has a season ending knee injury too. WOW.

ivotuk

Reaction score
It's the shortened training camps. Their bodies aren't prepared for the hitting. Instead of being able to ease them in to it. It's no contact...no contact....FULL PADS AND CONTACT!

And by then the players are so amped to go, that they push beyond what their body is ready for.

My Coworker is a long-suffering Chargers fan. They have had so many injuries, and so many boneheaded last minute/second losses

They should have been in the playoffs every year, but can't catch a break (.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ivotuk":243izrht said:
It's the shortened training camps. Their bodies aren't prepared for the hitting. Instead of being able to ease them in to it. It's no contact...no contact....FULL PADS AND CONTACT!

And by then the players are so amped to go, that they push beyond what their body is ready for.

My Coworker is a long-suffering Chargers fan. They have had so many injuries, and so many boneheaded last minute/second losses

Tannehill's injury was non contact as was Lamp's (I believe). In those instances, contact/no-contact doesn't really affect that. Its just bad luck.

I do agree that the tinkering with how teams practice has increased injury, but I don't think that's the root cause here.

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3oxkp3gf said:
ivotuk":3oxkp3gf said:

Tannehill's injury was non contact as was Lamp's (I believe). In those instances, contact/no-contact doesn't really affect that. Its just bad luck.

I do agree that the tinkering with how teams practice has increased injury, but I don't think that's the root cause here.

When the NHL came back from the strike season and did it under different interpretation of the rules (to get a more fun and faster game) they had a significant increase in soft tissue injuries. Guys were not trained right and ended up with a lot of pulled groin injuries.

So you can get non-contact injuries as well from overexerting yourself and not being gradually trained up.

With that said -- (in general and not to you) where is the statistic that shows that we have a significant increase of severe injuries tied to changes by the CBA? Lets not just go with what we think - where is this backed up? We should also not ignore that these guys are working harder and faster in the weight room. They are bulking up significantly more than back in the days when an O-line was a bunch of fat guys. This pushes their bodies closer to the breaking point even while they are stronger in some areas

Latest posts