Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Pats purchasing their own planes

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Pats purchasing their own planes
Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:43 am

Re: Pats purchasing their own planes
Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:44 am

Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:26 am
  • brimsalabim wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/si/nfl/2017/08/08/new-england-patriots-buy-two-airplanes%3fsource=dam

It's funny that they say they are the first team to do this. The Seahawks used Paul Allen's plane for all the road trips, but they switched over to commercial a few years back. I'm sure it was a combination of costs and branding that caused us to switch.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:11 am
  • One for the team, and one for Brady's ego.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:11 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:
    brimsalabim wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/si/nfl/2017/08/08/new-england-patriots-buy-two-airplanes%3fsource=dam

It's funny that they say they are the first team to do this. The Seahawks used Paul Allen's plane for all the road trips, but they switched over to commercial a few years back. I'm sure it was a combination of costs and branding that caused us to switch.

I thought I remembered that too. Seahawks had their "own" plane years ago... Didn't they supposedly take it down to Denver to try to talk to Peyton Manning before he signed with them?
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:18 pm
  • DJrmb wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:
    brimsalabim wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/si/nfl/2017/08/08/new-england-patriots-buy-two-airplanes%3fsource=dam

I thought I remembered that too. Seahawks had their "own" plane years ago... Didn't they supposedly take it down to Denver to try to talk to Peyton Manning before he signed with them?

The Manning deal was in 2012. Pete and John flew out and surprised Manning and tried to get him to listen to what they had to say and perhaps come to Seattle for a visit. Allen sold the jet in 2007 and we went on to charger Hawaiian Airlines (later bought by Alaska Airlines).

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:59 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:

The Manning deal was in 2012. Pete and John flew out and surprised Manning and tried to get him to listen to what they had to say and perhaps come to Seattle for a visit. Allen sold the jet in 2007 and we went on to charger Hawaiian Airlines (later bought by Alaska Airlines).

Ahh, ok. It must have just been more economical chartering flights. I wonder if things have really changed enough since then that it's worth it now owning their own planes or if it's just all about the cool factor for the pats.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:40 pm
  • 1) the article outlines why they would be buying their own planes

2) When you own a company such as Kraft then you can have different groups within the corporation rent the plane for multiple different events and help drive sales and make customers think it is supercool to be in the Patriots plane. This will help drive down the cost

3) I am waiting on teams to start sharing a plane. Like Giants and Jets who play away / home games on opposite schedule
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:52 pm
  • brimsalabim wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/si/nfl/2017/08/08/new-england-patriots-buy-two-airplanes%3fsource=dam

BostonBlackie
    NET Practice Squad

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:08 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information