Zeke Elliott suspended for 6 games.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Ouch! I'm gutted for them *titter*

[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000828558/article/ezekiel-elliott-suspended-six-games-by-nfl[/urltargetblank]

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
Speaks volumes when the NFL takes more time to investigate than law enforcement. I'd like to know what they found out but we seldom hear about details. Either way, it couldn't happen to a worse franchise. They'll likely be fine though, they've got Morris, and Run DMC is good for 2 big games before he gets injured, plus that line gets away with murder.

kidhawk

Reaction score
HAWKAMANIA":z4m8zf5v said:
Speaks volumes when the NFL takes more time to investigate than law enforcement. I'd like to know what they found out but we seldom hear about details. Either way, it couldn't happen to a worse franchise. They'll likely be fine though, they've got Morris, and Run DMC is good for 2 big games before he gets injured, plus that line gets away with murder.

I wouldn't say they did more investigation than law enforcement, just that the basis needed for conviction is different than what the NFL needs for suspension. Also, I'd be willing to bet he appeals this, and we'll have to wait and see what the arbitrator decides. This may end up being reversed on appeal, although with the quantity of his history, he's likely deserving of this punishment. Great athlete, but so far he's looking more and more like a troubled person.

253hawk

Reaction score
Stop making smoke everywhere you go and the NFL won't be able to assume there's a fire. Whether he's legally guilty or not, everyone signed the CBA to let the league punish as it sees fit for making THE SHIELD look bad.

It's always the same thing with these players: women, controlled substances, weapons, and night club incidents. Quit setting yourselves up for failure. Even more so now since the NFL had to step up its weak-sauce DV punishment after Ray Rice. The heavy hand era had to start somewhere.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
253hawk":37hcngk4 said:
Stop making smoke everywhere you go and the NFL won't be able to assume there's a fire. Whether he's legally guilty or not, everyone signed the CBA to let the league punish as it sees fit for making THE SHIELD look bad.

It's always the same thing with these players: women, controlled substances, weapons, and night club incidents. Quit setting yourselves up for failure. Even more so now since the NFL had to step up its weak-sauce DV punishment after Ray Rice. The heavy hand era had to start somewhere.
This X 1000. This is one common denominator is all of EE incidents, EE.
When youre a D-bag expect to face the consequences in the NFL. Even, As one of Rog's biggest critics here, I loudly applaud this suspension, but that might just be my hate for *allas. 8)

kidhawk

Reaction score
No surprise here, but he's definitely appealing his suspension...

The statement reads: "We just learned of the NFL's decision to suspend Mr. Elliott for six games for allegedly engaging in 'physical force' against the accuser. Mr. Elliott and his team of representatives are extremely disappointed with the NFL's decision.

"Our offices have been engaged in this matter since last July and have worked hand in hand with the Columbus Prosecutor's office as well as the NFL with their respective investigations. Accordingly, we are fully aware of the full body of evidence that exists in connection with this matter.

"The NFL's findings are replete with factual inaccuracies and erroneous conclusions and it 'cherry picks' so called evidence to support its conclusion while ignoring other critical evidence.

[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000828624/article/cowboys-ezekiel-elliott-to-appeal-sixgame-suspension[/urltargetblank]

getnasty

Reaction score
Sucks that he'll miss games against people we'll be trying to compete with for a first round bye but will be back against us.

chris98251

Reaction score
getnasty":3kzy31d0 said:
Sucks that he'll miss games against people we'll be trying to compete with for a first round bye but will be back against us.

The Seahawk way. Although with an appeal he could get to play for a time while reviewed. Tom GOD that walks among us Brady did.

Chapow

Reaction score
kidhawk":2b9k9630 said:

The statement reads: "We just learned of the NFL's decision to suspend Mr. Elliott for six games for allegedly engaging in 'physical force' against the accuser. Mr. Elliott and his team of representatives are extremely disappointed with the NFL's decision.

"Our offices have been engaged in this matter since last July and have worked hand in hand with the Columbus Prosecutor's office as well as the NFL with their respective investigations. Accordingly, we are fully aware of the full body of evidence that exists in connection with this matter.

"The NFL's findings are replete with factual inaccuracies and erroneous conclusions and it 'cherry picks' so called evidence to support its conclusion while ignoring other critical evidence.

[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000828624/article/cowboys-ezekiel-elliott-to-appeal-sixgame-suspension[/urltargetblank]

The statement in that article by Elliott's representatives is pretty odd. It's reads like they think the suspension is for that one alleged DV incident and that's it. It's pretty clear that the suspension is for at least 3 separate incidents and for essentially establishing a pattern of violating the personal conduct policy repeatedly.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":kyr9vb2s said:
getnasty":kyr9vb2s said:

The Seahawk way. Although with an appeal he could get to play for a time while reviewed. Tom GOD that walks among us Brady did.
They said he has 3 days to appeal it and the league will take up to 10 days to review and rule on said appeal.
The thing that doesn't bode well for EE, is they said he cooperated very little with their investigation.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Chapow":23mynwf2 said:
kidhawk":23mynwf2 said:

The statement in that article by Elliott's representatives is pretty odd. It's reads like they think the suspension is for that one alleged DV incident and that's it. It's pretty clear that the suspension is for at least 3 separate incidents and for essentially establishing a pattern of violating the personal conduct policy repeatedly.
Yep, don't expect much forgiveness from the NFL when their statement ignores the other factors.

mikeak

Reaction score
It is one thing when someone is found guilty like Rice was and got a slap on the hands (if even that). He was found guilty. He needed a huge suspension (even before the second video came out)

Heck it is even one thing when there is evidence that is completely out there just in the face of everyone - get it

NFL having to do a full scale investigation each time there is an alleged incident? I just don't know. I am really really thorn on this issue. Sure the justice system is failing but is it right or fair that this amount of work is done by a private organization to punish their employees?

I am not saying that it is right or wrong, just that I am having a hard time processing it and fully agree with it. It easily sets up blackmailing situations against players and they can get further into bad situations.

I dunno - I hope they got it right but still can't really get behind this process. On the flip side I look at Josh Brown and there were years of domestic abuse. I am totally for him getting suspended so if the NFL doesn't do these things how does someone like that get suspended?

I guess I am just trying to say it is a really sensitive thing and it is hard to be 100% right in how these things are handled

NoChops

Reaction score
no EE, sophomore slump for Dak...here is to 0-6!

tormented my co-workers here all day with 0-6 talk, was a good day in Dallas!

Aw Mang

Reaction score
The NFL should have a rule that, if your appeal fails, your suspension will double[emoji41]

IndyHawk

Reaction score
HAWKAMANIA":2vjd8le8 said:
He is a turd and got what he deserved.
I don't think Dallas will be fine without him.
Even with him that line lost a couple of guys.
Sophmore year is a bitch.
Everyone is going to give them their best.
They don't have such a weak schedule this year.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Good!! Beginning of the end for this clown...Soon he will be partying at Blackmon's house with Gordon, Gregory, and Manziel...and about half the Cowboys roster....

replicant

Reaction score
shame-vi.jpg

BlueThunder

Reaction score
http://boards.dallascowboys.com/forum/1 ... oys-forum/

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/fan-zone.59/

LOVE to hear the bitching... 'cause I HATE the Cowboys.... Yeah, total Schadenfreude.... I suck... :twisted:

Plus, ya know... That's kinda my gig 'round here... All that "enemy forum" crap 'n such.... heh heh

And the Cowboys ARE a formidable enemy this season... But definitely reduce with this move. This does nothing but help us. What a dumbshit. If he weren't a Cowboy, I actually coulda liked the guy. God I can't believe how willy-nilly these guys are with millions of dollars at stake....

Youth. I do actually remember it... And oh, how stupid I was...

Edited by Staff.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BlueThunder":3n78a2qy said:
http://boards.dallascowboys.com/forum/10-dallas-cowboys-forum/

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/fan-zone.59/

LOVE to hear the bitching... 'cause I HATE the Cowboys.... Yeah, total Schadenfreude.... I suck... :twisted:

Plus, ya know... That's kinda my gig 'round here... All that "enemy forum" crap 'n such.... heh heh
Yeah, been reading those forums all day, their tears are delicious.
Some of their fanbase think it's going to be thrown out on appeal or severely reduced, nope!

Jerruh has been surprisingly quiet after being so sure there wouldn't be any suspension. I hear he has been furious behind the scenes.

This blindsided that fanbase when it really shouldn't have if you've been paying attention to Rog Goodell's NFL in the last 5 years or so. He went after Rapistburger and Shady Brady, why did they think EE was going to escape after all of the trouble that he has been involved with? Because he play's for 'merica's team which has pretty much been irrelevant since 1997???

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Hey, if nothing else, it shows that no matter the team's importance to the league in general, Goodell doesn't hold back, even against his buddies and the cash-cow's of the league. So at least he's got that going for him. I kinda figured that after the suspension against God... I mean, *cough* Brady...