Rams trade for Sammy Watkins

OP
OP
uncle fester

uncle fester

Reaction score
Bills looking to make adjustments based on training camp?

Watkins could make Goff's life easier - if he can stay healthy.

RedAlice

Reaction score
This is great if he can stay healthy. Word out of Rams camp hasn't been too positive for the offense, especially the WRs being open, so seems like they had to make some of kind of move.

Traded CB Gains and 2nd rd pick for Watkins and 6th rd pick.

2_0_6

Reaction score
As a Hawks fan I really like this trade. Weaken the Rams secondary, and minus a 2nd rounder from them? Hell yes.

Unless Watkins can throw the ball to himself, he will put up middle of the road numbers this year.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I like this trade for the Rams. Does make the Woods signing look even more like one of the worst signings of the past couple years though.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Bills have 2 picks in each of the first three rounds next year I believe. Looks like they're in full tank mode. RIP Bills Mafia.

drrew

Reaction score
Best case scenario for the Rams is Watkins has a good year with good health, and they decide to sign him to a long term deal at probably $10m+ a season with just the one year of good health shown in his entire career.

That would mean $20m+ spent at the WR position and no second round pick next season.

This is great news for Seattle.

chris98251

Reaction score
Not worried he is a player that seemed to fade when things went down hill in Buffalo, now he is in a division that typically has more then one winning franchise. That and Goff is about what he is used to as a QB based on last seasons performance, so pouting will commence pretty quickly and then that damn foot injury will pop up again.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":4xdu49xd said:
As a Hawks fan I really like this trade. Weaken the Rams secondary, and minus a 2nd rounder from them? Hell yes.

Unless Watkins can throw the ball to himself, he will put up middle of the road numbers this year.

The Rams secondary looks better than it is due to their DL play. It's their DL that needs to be weakened. This trade didn't weaken their defense and they got another weapon on offense. Good trade for the Rams - they didn't give up much to get a #1 WR.

Chapow

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3ivp7qmc said:
Hawk_Nation":3ivp7qmc said:

The Rams secondary looks better than it is due to their DL play. It's their DL that needs to be weakened. This trade didn't weaken their defense and they got another weapon on offense. Good trade for the Rams - they didn't give up much to get a #1 WR.

You must have misunderstood. They didn't get a #1 WR, they got Sammy Watkins. :)

Also, they gave up a starting CB and a 2nd round pick, maybe you don't consider that much, but I think most would consider it fairly significant.

Not even a little bit worried. He'll probably give them about what Kenny Britt gave them last season (68 rec. 1000 yds. 5 TDs) if he stays healthy. How'd that work out for the Rams last year?

Smellyman

Reaction score
Rams already made a huge mistake by drafting Goff. This will just further hurt the Rams trying to put lipstick on that pig.

SchadyHawk

Reaction score
For a team that traded such a hefty price for Goff I consider it a head scratcher to trade away a 2nd round pick for potentially a one year player with a history of injuries. They can't have that many picks left for the next few years!

Thread Killer

Reaction score
Chapow":id1k2haz said:
You must have misunderstood. They didn't get a #1 WR, they got Sammy Watkins. :)

Also, they gave up a starting CB and a 2nd round pick, maybe you don't consider that much, but I think most would consider it fairly significant.

Not even a little bit worried. He'll probably give them about what Kenny Britt gave them last season (68 rec. 1000 yds. 5 TDs) if he stays healthy. How'd that work out for the Rams last year?

Actually Gaines was/is an injury prone backup CB for the Rams. Johnson and Webster are the starting CBs.

And if Watkins gives the Rams what Britt did last year, then the Rams might be on to something with Cooper Kupp in the slot and far better offensive minds than the inexperienced offensive staff Jeff Fisher put together.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Thread Killer":3ihpxddx said:
Chapow":3ihpxddx said:

Actually Gaines was/is an injury prone backup CB for the Rams. Johnson and Webster are the starting CBs.

And if Watkins gives the Rams what Britt did last year, then the Rams might be on to something with Cooper Kupp in the slot and far better offensive minds than the inexperienced offensive staff Jeff Fisher put together.

15 starts as a rookie and 10 starts before injury last year says otherwise.

RedAlice

Reaction score
SchadyHawk":3r52abda said:
For a team that traded such a hefty price for Goff I consider it a head scratcher to trade away a 2nd round pick for potentially a one year player with a history of injuries. They can't have that many picks left for the next few years!

You obviously do not understand the Goff trade. Why would the Rams not have trades left for the next few years?

Please tell me the picks in the next few years the Rams lost for Goff?

RedAlice

Reaction score
SchadyHawk":3mjb7htf said:

Oh, sorry. Just saw you only have 15 posts so have no clue. Still will wait to hear how many picks my team lost in the next few years for Goff.

Have at it.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Smellyman":3swfthy2 said:
Thread Killer":3swfthy2 said:
Chapow":3swfthy2 said:

15 starts as a rookie and 10 starts before injury last year says otherwise.

Today has been fun.

Between not even believing Rams traded for a "potential" decent WR, and then seeing Gaines was the trade. To listening to Bills fans tell their thoughts on the trade. I am happy.

Btw, Gains was #4 on the Rams CB list, not an issue. He is good, but also injury prone and for all the things the Rams need, dispensable.

Watkins is high risk, yes. But also high reward.