First Woman Ever.......

pmedic920

Reaction score
To do play by play analysis on Monday Night Football.

Beth Mowins.

e8c8ec94990ecd6ec35dad53ea32e3e3.jpg

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... olts-game/

http://www.startribune.com/mowins-to-be ... 440589893/

I hope she does well.

sutz

Reaction score
Hmmm... I usually don't watch unless the Hawks are on, I might just give her a chance.

Chapow

Reaction score
I've watched many college games that she's called. She does a good job IMO.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Chapow":1t6awxm0 said:
This. For years she was stuck calling the noon ET Big 10 game on ESPN2 and has always been one of their better play-by-play announcers.

kidhawk

Reaction score
SeatownJay":24kqct14 said:
Chapow":24kqct14 said:
This. For years she was stuck calling the noon ET Big 10 game on ESPN2 and has always been one of their better play-by-play announcers.

Glad to hear some good reviews. I'm not partial to whether it's a man or a woman announcer, I just want to hear a professional doing a good job.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I don't care enough to actually click on the links, but is ESPN seriously just NOW finalizing their MNF announcers?

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
HawkGA":1qdgkkc6 said:
I don't care enough to actually click on the links, but is ESPN seriously just NOW finalizing their MNF announcers?

I heard about this a couple months ago. From what I understand shes only doing the 2nd game of the MNF double header open weekend, the rest of the season she will be a CBS day game announcer.

mikeak

Reaction score
I am all for equality but I will admit that it probably will take some time to get used to it. I am rooting that she is great - don't recall any game I watched that she was on for. I also hope they ignore all those that will complain solely because she is a woman. Once it becomes commonplace nobody will think any more of it

kidhawk

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":19yifvt6 said:
HawkGA":19yifvt6 said:

I heard about this a couple months ago. From what I understand shes only doing the 2nd game of the MNF double header open weekend, the rest of the season she will be a CBS day game announcer.

That is disappointing, but as it's just the one game and I'll be home for the later game, I may tune in just to see how she does. Of course this may just make me that much more disappointed in the regular crew the rest of the season.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
kidhawk":274prhgf said:
XxXdragonXxX":274prhgf said:
HawkGA":274prhgf said:

That is disappointing, but as it's just the one game and I'll be home for the later game, I may tune in just to see how she does. Of course this may just make me that much more disappointed in the regular crew the rest of the season.

Since I am going to the earlier game, I hope to not miss too much of the late game although my motel is 2 miles from the stadium. I may have to stop at a few watering holes on the way. I would love to see how she does. I want to see a quality product out of whoever does the job.

Rat

Reaction score
I really liked her and Galloway together for Big 10 games a few years back, although to be fair, the alternative was often Matt Millen, so the bar wasn't set too high for Mowlins.