Do the Bucs win Super Bowl 37 without Gruden?

Do the Bucs win Super Bowl 37 without Gruden?

• Yes. With that defense, virtually any coach breezes to a title.

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • No. Coach Gruden provided the missing ingredient that they needed to put them over the edge..

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters

rjdriver

Reaction score
I watched the opening episode of TB hard knocks the other day (I will watch virtually anything football. Heck, I could pull over at a park and actually enjoy watching random kids in a pop warner league).

If you watched it, it's pretty apparent that Coach Gruden will get back into the league at some point. This isn't about whether he's a great coach, but looking at that defense (Sapp, Brooks, Lynch et. al) and considerig the experience and maturation they had from coming close the year before, do you feel Gruden was the tipping point or would they have hoisted the trophy with Dungy or pretty much anyone else at the helm?

chris98251

Reaction score
They would have never sniffed the Super Bowl without Gruden, he brought his offense and kept Dungy's defense, they would have never won the Super Bowl if not for Oakland's play book still being the same, the calls the same and the audible's the same, dumb on Oakland sure. They also lost their Center, I mean really lost him, he was missing for a while and there was a lot of energy and attention spent on finding him and distractions.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Dungy couldn't get the Bucs over the hump. Gruden was the missing piece.

He also had the info to beat the Raiders. I believe the Raiders would have won the Super Bowl if Gruden wasn't on the opposing sideline.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Having a lot of familiarity with their offense didn't hurt, but I think this element is vastly overrated .. the Bucs defense was one of the greatest the league has ever seen.. maybe they don't win 48-21 but I think they win fairly easily Gruden or no Gruden.