The Cut and Release Thread

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
With teams having to cut their roster down to 53, lets just keep the talk in here, rather than making numerous threads.

Already some big names being cut.

Tony McDaniel was cut by the Saints, could we bring him in as depth even with the signing of Sheldon Richardson?

Poor Brock Osweiler, let go by the Browns. It's never a great thing to get cut by the Browns.

Other big names cut:

Chris Johnson RB
Will Blackmon CB/Safety (former Seahawk)
Jeremy Zuttah C
Tim Hightower RB

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Have to imagine the Hawks would be interested in John Greco if Jen makes it down to them I'm the waiver order.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3kbf5j0y said:
Have to imagine the Hawks would be interested in John Greco if Jen makes it down to them I'm the waiver order.
Does he have any experience at either OT spot? I thought he was primarily a G/C...then again, I guess we could use better depth all over the place on the OL.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
RockinHawks":2pm4e6zw said:
Popeyejones":2pm4e6zw said:
Does he have any experience at either OT spot? I thought he was primarily a G/C...then again, I guess we could use better depth all over the place on the OL.

If you're looking for someone Cable would be interested in, you should ask if he has any experience at the DT spot... :roll:

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Here's a bit of a surprising cut -- the Giants released DE Devin Taylor (6'8" 270). He's had 11.5 sacks the last 2 seasons ... and they cut him for nothing. He won't be unemployed long.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Matt Jones has talent, but as long as Rawls and Procise are healthy, we won't sign him. But if something does happen to a couple of our backs, he would be a good pick up.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Hooo ... hooo ... hooo! Here's one that if he's got good tread left, I'd kick the tires on ...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/904065112436338689[/tweet]

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
Connor Shaw is available again. We know the team was interested in him at the combine, and they put in a claim for him last time he was waived.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":136prlb0 said:
I think we need a moratorium on this lame joke.

I think we need a moratorium on this lame coach. Along with another on the O side of things. But nobody listens to reason. Or lame jokes.

irocdave

Reaction score
How about the Bungals cutting outspoken OT Winston....He did put his foot in his mouth right before cutdown.

mrt144

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":ces46tml said:
GeekHawk":ces46tml said:
RockinHawks":ces46tml said:
Popeyejones":ces46tml said:

If you're looking for someone Cable would be interested in, you should ask if he has any experience at the DT spot... :roll:

I think we need a moratorium on this lame joke.

3 years time and a SB later and they will stop.