Possible DL pickups

QuahHawk

Reaction score
With Rubin and Jefferson on the way out who do with bring in?

Recent DL cuts:
Xavier Cooper
Desmond Bryant
Cam Thomas
Devin Taylor
Jaye Howard
Will Sutton

Any trade rumors?

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Xavier Cooper was high on my draft list coming out of WSU. Would love to see what he has. Not a run stuffer though.

DJrmb

Reaction score
There were reports that they were working on a trade for another run stuffing DT (after Richardson) but maybe that fell through. I really like Naz and Reed but it would be nice to have a veteran safety net as depth in the middle.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Let's keep this discussion in the NFL Forum unless real connection to the Seahawks are made.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
As we're looking at roster tweaking, I think that most of us would agree that we could use some additional depth at DT -- specifically, we could use another run stuffing DT.

That said, I couldn't help but notice Cedric Thornton sitting out there after the Cowboys cut him loose. The Hawks showed some interest in him about a year and a half ago ...

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2016/3/9/11186930/nfl-free-agency-rumors-cedric-thornton-seahawks-eagles

Might Schneider kick the tires on Thornton, now that he's been cut loose? We'll see.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
As I was parusing through the list of cuts, one name that I DIDN'T notice was one that I know a few Husky fans were interested in ... and that's DE Joe Mathis.

I know that right after the draft, Joe Mathis was signed as an UDFA by the Texans. I just went to the team's official website ... and I can find no trace of him anywhere. No listing of him on their roster ... no mention of him being put on IR ... no mention of him being cut ... nothing.

In fact, I can't seem to find any current info on him anywhere.

So, I was just curious, anyone know about Joe Mathis, his current whereabouts and whether or not he's possibly sitting out there as a FA? If he is, that's one guy I could certainly see Schneider possibly being interested in signing to the Practice Squad.