Week 1 NFL games

cymatica

Reaction score
Lol it was 17 - 15 Cards when I went to get beer.
35 - 17 Lions when I get back

chris98251

Reaction score
RedAlice":21dzoqc5 said:
The Rams just might have themselves a football team.

McVay is real.

Gratz on your win Alice, but it was against a broken Colts team, something to build on for sure, everything starts somewhere. Lets see if the Rams can maintain their level of play against more challenging teams, we need a team to measure ourselves against in our division, why not the Rams.

RedAlice

Reaction score
chris98251":5srscb00 said:
RedAlice":5srscb00 said:

McVay is real.

Gratz on your win Alice, but it was against a broken Colts team, something to build on for sure, everything starts somewhere. Lets see if the Rams can maintain their level of play against more challenging teams, we need a team to measure ourselves against in our division, why not the Rams.

To you, I will give my honest opinion. Game was a great win, great feeling. I haven't seen the Rams do this in ever. So, yeah!!! Was fun. (Hawk fans have enjoyed wins like this, so you know).

However. Lots of issues. Way too many penalties. Lots of weak things.

But, the most important thing to me was McVay and the way he handled the team. The team itself feels like a toddler, learning.

I expect a lot of ups and downs, and learning. Sometimes Goff looked like he wanted to cry, and other times he looked like, yeah, I got this. the WRs were sometimes on target, and sometimes missed their route and totally laid open a play. I think the TE's haven't figured out what is in McVay's head for them yet.

It was a team learning v a bad team. And, good teams beat bad teams. Now, laying down this much of a beating on a bad tam, I gotta say that is awesome.

eta: Rams are normally the bad team, and hardly ever beat bad teams. So: progress.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Would have been a lot nice had the Hawks played the Colts this week.

chris98251

Reaction score
RedAlice":28ei7mf6 said:
chris98251":28ei7mf6 said:
RedAlice":28ei7mf6 said:

McVay is real.

To you, I will give my honest opinion. Game was a great win, great feeling. I haven't seen the Rams do this in ever. So, yeah!!! Was fun. (Hawk fans have enjoyed wins like this, so you know).

However. Lots of issues. Way too many penalties. Lots of weak things.

But, the most important thing to me was McVay and the way he handled the team. The team itself feels like a toddler, learning.

I expect a lot of ups and downs, and learning. Sometimes Goff looked like he wanted to cry, and other times he looked like, yeah, I got this. the WRs were sometimes on target, and sometimes missed their route and totally laid open a play. I think the TE's haven't figured out what is in McVay's head for them yet.

It was a team learning v a bad team. And, good teams beat bad teams. Now, laying down this much of a beating on a bad tam, I gotta say that is awesome.

eta: Rams are normally the bad team, and hardly ever beat bad teams. So: progress.

A block at a time, once the foundation is in place the rest goes upwards fast.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
My thoughts from Week 1:

Jags defense is finally here. They've invested a lot in the defense the past couple years (Malik Jackson, Calais Campbell, Dante Fowler, Miles Jack, Tashaun Gibson) and it's finally paying off.

Beast Mode is back.

Patriots will be just fine. Remember the last time they lost to KC a few years ago? That was the post game press conference where Bellicheck kept saying, "we are on to Cincinnati."

Cardinals need to find a new QB. Palmer will be the guy this year, but it's pretty clear he doesn't have much left.

Giants might have a worst offensive line than us. Eli also looks old, time for them to find his replacement.

Cowboys still have the best offensive line in the league.

Jets and 49ers looked really bad, they may not win a combined 5 games.

Colts have the worst roster in the league outside of Andrew Luck. Their GM has no idea how to build a team.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Gratz on the win Red. A win like that has been a long time coming for y'all (I mean that as a complement, not an insult)

I was so glad that my Montana teams wouldn't have to face off against Cooper Kupp anymore, and then the Rams had to go and get him. You got a real gem there. Needs a little polish, but he is going to be giving teams a headache for years to come. Thankfully for us, he has to go against the legion.