11 points

Popeyejones

Reaction score
...is how much the Rams outscored the rest of the NFC West combined in Week 1. :lol:

Friggin NFL.

chris98251

Reaction score
Popeyejones":284vllwg said:
...is how much the Rams outscored the rest of the NFC West combined in Week 1. :lol:

Friggin NFL.

They fired the QB killer and got someone that believes in offense.

RedAlice

Reaction score
chris98251":1hhmfsy0 said:
Popeyejones":1hhmfsy0 said:

Friggin NFL.

McVay is real.

And, this was his first game. Lots of ups and downs to come as he learns....but, I am happy to finally have a coach I can believe in.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Scott Tolzine is the answer you were looking for

RedAlice

Reaction score
sdog1981":3my8g2ch said:

Yes, Hawk fan you can pretend like this game was the Colts. Have at that.

I line I have heard for years from Hawk fans: Good teams beat bad teams. As they should.

So, Rams not only beat a bad team, they destroy them. But, it's the Rams so it's nothing? right?

Now if the Hawks beat a bad team, then they are just doing what they are supposed to do.

Got it.

How about those Packers? :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

adeltaY

Reaction score
I mean Scott Tolzein was pretty damn horrific. Props for blowing out a bad team, which is good, yes. We're just saying y'all haven't earned much credibility yet. Remember, the Rams were 3-1 last year and in first place for a bit.... Similar to how the Jags wrecking the Texans this week isn't as impressive as it seems looking at the box score.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
RedAlice":1nzi575x said:
How about those Packers? :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:
You know, sometimes you hurt innocent fans deeply with your grenades, Alice.

*goes back to quietly crying*

sdog1981

Reaction score
RedAlice":2060015h said:
sdog1981":2060015h said:

Yes, Hawk fan you can pretend like this game was the Colts. Have at that.

The Rams played the Colts on September 10th 2017.

Here is a link to the NFL schedule if you are confused.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2017/REG1

Here is a link to the Colts home page so you can brush up on what the uniforms look like.

http://www.colts.com

Here is a link to Scott Tolzien's career numbers. His 2014 season is not listed because he was not in the league.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... lzSc00.htm

RedAlice

Reaction score
LOS ANGELES -- The defense, without quite possibly the NFL's best defensive player, returned two interceptions for touchdowns and didn't allow a single first down. The offense, the NFL's worst each of the past two seasons, flowed in near-perfect harmony, exceeding 30 points before the midway point of the third quarter and finishing with nearly 50.

http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angeles-ra ... t-of-colts

yes, Colts didn't have Luck.

How about those packs again? How many points did the Hawk Defense score? And, again - how many first downs did the Packs get?

RedAlice

Reaction score
adeltaY":1ttscovt said:
I mean Scott Tolzein was pretty damn horrific. Props for blowing out a bad team, which is good, yes. We're just saying y'all haven't earned much credibility yet. Remember, the Rams were 3-1 last year and in first place for a bit.... Similar to how the Jags wrecking the Texans this week isn't as impressive as it seems looking at the box score.

I have not said the Rams are good yet. Now have I?

You are projecting onto me. I still think they are a VERY young team with a VERY young coach and it will be a extreme learning curve this year. Some wins, some painful losses. Rams are geared to be good next two years or so.

YOUR team should be good NOW and you just got your self beat bad. That was embarrassing for you.

RedAlice

Reaction score
adeltaY":1mbzvbu0 said:

Just checked, I need to stop engaging w Newbies who don't actually know anything about football.

RedAlice

Reaction score
btw, in case you are up late at night wondering about these things.

Last year, the Pack ranked 27th in points allowed against them. You got 9 this week, so you are probably putting them on a projectile towards top 20 this year.

Awesome job!

RedAlice

Reaction score
McVay merely called it "a step in the right direction," but it felt more like the beginning of something bigger.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
RedAlice":5yhojrqg said:
chris98251":5yhojrqg said:
Popeyejones":5yhojrqg said:

Friggin NFL.

McVay is real.

And, this was his first game. Lots of ups and downs to come as he learns....but, I am happy to finally have a coach I can believe in.

The fact is Goff is way underrated here. Had he been in this draft he probably goes number 1 again, or at worst number 2. People kept talking about how bad his rookie year was, but compare it to other rookies, like Alex Smith. Goff has all the tools. The only problem with him was his scheme in college left him unprepared for NFL offenses. If he's gotten over that hurdle, he's going to quickly rise among NFL QBs, because he can make every throw, and many that half the league cannot, and he has a quick on field mind (even if his knowledge of the sun is shady) and a quick release.

OP
OP
Popeyejones

Popeyejones

Reaction score
RedAlice":1gwf5gw3 said:

That doesn't matter though, because on this board Luck is the most overrated QB in the NFL and gets propped up by his great offensive line, and totally sucks but media bias or something.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Popeyejones":217733ml said:
RedAlice":217733ml said:

That doesn't matter though, because on this board Luck is the most overrated QB in the NFL and gets propped up by his great offensive line, and totally sucks but media bias or something.
That too. There is no other football boards where I run into it. I think it is a form of insecurity since most people and analyists consider Luck and Wilson to be in the same tier.

OP
OP
Popeyejones

Popeyejones

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3gzyrfr9 said:
RedAlice":3gzyrfr9 said:
chris98251":3gzyrfr9 said:
Popeyejones":3gzyrfr9 said:

Friggin NFL.

McVay is real.

The fact is Goff is way underrated here. Had he been in this draft he probably goes number 1 again, or at worst number 2. People kept talking about how bad his rookie year was, but compare it to other rookies, like Alex Smith. Goff has all the tools. The only problem with him was his scheme in college left him unprepared for NFL offenses. If he's gotten over that hurdle, he's going to quickly rise among NFL QBs, because he can make every throw, and many that half the league cannot, and he has a quick on field mind (even if his knowledge of the sun is shady) and a quick release.

He's not underrated. He was atrocious last year. Alex Smith also had a hilariously awful rookie year, continued to suck for forever, and at the height of his play is about to get released. In twelve seasons Alex Smith has passed for more than 20TDs in a season once. He is not your guiding light.

Goff might end up a God QB, but he's not underrated here or anywhere else. If he keeps on performing evaluation of him will rise.

Smellyman

Reaction score
chris98251":2sh16jqx said:
Popeyejones":2sh16jqx said:

Friggin NFL.

We will plod along with Bevell and Cable! They will lead to perhaps 4 field goals per game.

be nervous rest of the NFL

HawkGA

Reaction score
I think it is safe to say the Rams scored more points yesterday than they would have scored under their previous coaching regime.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
It was awesome to have the game over by halftime and be able to watch more of the Seahawks and Niners games (had all three on).

Exciting but, I'm sure the Niners were excited by their 28-0 beatdown of the Rams last year.

This feels different, and the Rams are IMO loaded with talent across the board - if Goff can just play like an average NFL QB, we could approach 10 wins this year. But if actually does remains to be seen.

Next week will tell me more about this team. The Redskins looked bad yesterday, so they will be playing like their season depends on it, and obviously will trot out a better QB and defense than the Colts did yesterday.