Martellus Bennett

peppersjap

Reaction score
Am I the only person pissed about the cheap shot Martellus took on KJ Wright. Yes, KJ took a shot at AROD but he didn't slide, he dove head first. The way MB hit KJ could have easily injured him because it was so awkward. It was dirty!! And I also saw that Michael was in regular season form already, he got his 1 and a half sacks which are great and he also got his 2 offsides penalties which are also about his average!!! I'm so sick of him giving the other team 1st and 5's. Yes, I know how good Michael Bennett is but the constant off sides penalties......especially against Aaron Rodgers are infuriating!!! The last guy you want to give a free play to is Aaron Rodgers!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
He got a 15 yarder for it, which he absolutely should have.

He was in the wrong and was correctly penalized for that, but guys do stuff like that when it comes to their QB.

I'd be pissed if I was a Packers fan, but as a Seahawks fan, him doing that was awesome for the Hawks and their chances

That penalty pushed the Packers from the cusp of field goal range (which they would have been in with the offsides by the Hawks on the next play) back to their own 46.

If the Seahawks don't give up a 25 yard pass after that, rather than the Packers being able to put the game out of reach with a field goal the Hawks would have had the ball in a one score game with about 2:30 on the clock.

NINEster

Reaction score
Bennett jumped offsides on an expected running play.....that's bizarre.

chris98251

Reaction score
As a fan of Green Bay I would take the penalty and be happy my team was supporting the QB. Perspective.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Did more than what Jeremy Lane did but Lane got ejected earlier in the game. Bennett should have been ejected as well.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1us59aol said:
Bennett should have been ejected as well.

No he shouldn't have. He should have gotten a 15 yard penalty, just like he did.

Once you start breaking from the rule book to make up for prior mistakes it never stops and you're not even trying get calls correctly anymore.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2kqu2r27 said:
hawkfan68":2kqu2r27 said:

No he shouldn't have. He should have gotten a 15 yard penalty, just like he did.

Once you start breaking from the rule book to make up for prior mistakes it never stops and you're not even trying get calls correctly anymore.

Agreed. I would never want to see them make two wrong calls. They called the Bennett play correctly. It is just astounding how they could have called the Lane call so poorly. It's one thing to miss a call that costs someone a few yards here and there, but to eject a guy on something that apparently never happened is ridiculous and would have been just as ridiculous had they done it to MB as well.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
15 yards was absolutely the correct call on Bennet.

Obviously they completely blew the call on Lane.

Seems to me that any call that results in a player ejection should be automatically reviewed, just like a scoring play or a turnover. It potentially has at least as much impact on the outcome.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2a1el407 said:
Seems to me that any call that results in a player ejection should be automatically reviewed.

!00% agreed.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Popeyejones":29wcrvsy said:
hawkfan68":29wcrvsy said:

I agree that Bennett shouldn't have been ejected...that's sort of the point I was trying to make. Because it would be absurd as you pointed out. Lane was less physical in his actions than what Bennett did. Had they used the same method for Bennett as they did for Lane, he would have clearly been ejected. Which would have been wrong too. The refs were clearly not consistent in their officiating in yesterday's game. It seemed quite one-sided.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3b4s66wz said:
I'd be pissed if I was a Packers fan, but as a Seahawks fan, him doing that was awesome for the Hawks and their chances
Why? NOBODY should be pissed about that hit because it wasn't even close to questionable. This is why you slide to protect yourself. Expect to get hit if you don't. "Football 101" is more advanced than this knowledge is.

I hate the mindset of changing your reaction to something (and I mean 'your' in the collective sense, not as in you specifically, Popeye) just because it's YOUR team. Ugh.

253hawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3tgz7j1q said:
He got a 15 yarder for it, which he absolutely should have.

He was in the wrong and was correctly penalized for that, but guys do stuff like that when it comes to their QB.

Rodgers dove head first, he didn't slide. He was fair game just as any other ball carrier would have been in that situation.

Screw Bennett for that cheap shot. Players can't whine about player safety when it comes to preseason games or chop blocks and then turn around body-checking guys with cheap shots because they are too dumb to understand the rules.

PackerNation

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2rv7fuk6 said:
15 yards was absolutely the correct call on Bennet.

Obviously they completely blew the call on Lane.

Seems to me that any call that results in a player ejection should be automatically reviewed, just like a scoring play or a turnover. It potentially has at least as much impact on the outcome.

Agree completely. Lane did not deserve an ejection. If anything, offsetting penalties. The rules need to be changed.

ptisme

Reaction score
chris98251":11llsesh said:
As a fan of Green Bay I would take the penalty and be happy my team was supporting the QB. Perspective.
This^^^ The penaltysucked but that was HUGE for team unity.. And Rodgers appreciated it.. Also teams like to take cheap shots at Rodgers and this was a show that his teamates have his back.

cymatica

Reaction score
ptisme":ljhgzgy8 said:
chris98251":ljhgzgy8 said:
This^^^ The penaltysucked but that was HUGE for team unity.. And Rodgers appreciated it.. Also teams like to take cheap shots at Rodgers and this was a show that his teamates have his back.

If that's the case Wilson might appreciate someone doing the same to our linemen. Now there's a funny thought. Graham trying to shove Glowisnky

Seanhawk

Reaction score
cymatica":2opsmpfe said:
ptisme":2opsmpfe said:
chris98251":2opsmpfe said:

If that's the case Wilson might appreciate someone doing the same to our linemen. Now there's a funny thought. Graham trying to shove Glowisnky

I would rather he shoved a defender when he was supposed to.