Bengals with an Interesting Solution to a Relative Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Exactly what I illustrated before -- it's the panacea for losing organizations. Zampese may have won only 35 percent of his games in his 18 games with the Bungles, but what did the front office think was going to happen after they let go of two of their best offensive linemen in the offseason?
I'm just happy I'm not an NFL fan in the state of Ohio.

sdog1981

Reaction score
The Bengals had the team built and then saw the offense fall apart they went from a top 10 scoring offense in 2015 to 24th in 2016 followed up by two games with zero TD's. They have very little turnover along the offense so they knew where the problem was.

adeltaY

Reaction score
sdog1981":8v4yd65t said:
The Bengals had the team built and then saw the offense fall apart they went from a top 10 scoring offense in 2015 to 24th in 2016 followed up by two games with zero TD's. They have very little turnover along the offense so they knew where the problem was.

The actually lost quite a few offensive pieces, in addition to losing Big Whit and Kevin Zeitler, like Sioux mentioned. After 2015, Marvin Jones and Mohamed Sanu both left. They aren't world beaters, but they were excellent at #2 and #3 WR. Andre Smith also left in 2015. In two years, Dalton lost his best offensive linemen and his WR corp went from being one of the deepest in the league to just AJ Green.

OP
OP
M

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
The bottom line remains the same, though. The offense was not producing and therefore someone was held accountable.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Definition of insanity: expecting a different result by doing the same exact thing over and over and over and...

OP
OP
M

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Crizilla":10t1rffh said:
Definition of insanity: expecting a different result by doing the same exact thing over and over and over and...
True statement.

Josea16

Reaction score
The only way Bevell or Cable go are when Pete leaves or the Seahawks go 7-9 or similar. I don't see any of that happening anytime soon.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Josea16":1pp61dc7 said:
The only way Bevell or Cable go are when Pete leaves or the Seahawks go 7-9 or similar. I don't see any of that happening anytime soon.

Wrong. The only way Bevell and Cable go are if Pete gets fired or Mr. Allen steps in. Pete is overly loyal to a fault.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":3q7wk6gn said:
The bottom line remains the same, though. The offense was not producing and therefore someone was held accountable.

Two big differences:

(1) Coordinators get fired for one reason: a HC looking for a sacrificial lamb to save his job. Marvin Lewis is VERY MUCH in that situation this year and PC very much isn't.

We basically don't even need a second reason, but if you want it:

2) A bad game doesn't equal an underperforming offense. In two weeks the Bengals have scored 9 total points. If the 49ers hold the Seahawks to 0 points get back to me.

OP
OP
M

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Popeyejones":37lzbukh said:
MD5eahawks":37lzbukh said:

Two big differences:

(1) Coordinators get fired for one reason: a HC looking for a sacrificial lamb to save his job. Marvin Lewis is VERY MUCH in that situation this year and PC very much isn't.

We basically don't even need a second reason, but if you want it:

2) A bad game doesn't equal an underperforming offense. In two weeks the Bengals have scored 9 total points. If the 49ers hold the Seahawks to 0 points get back to me.
While there are differences, I don't think that applies to the bottom line problem.

1.) I don't believe for a minute that Marvin Lewis is fighting to keep his job. The proof is in the results of his coaching career and the fact that he coaches for a franchise that is content with mediocore results. Otherwise he would not have lasted 14 years. 118 wins vs 105 losses, 0-7 in the post season. He has had some pretty good teams over those years and failed to deliver every single time. Zambese was fired due to his results. The situation was magnified when A.J. Green spoke out.

2) Correct. One bad game doesn't equal anything worth the action of holding someone accountable. But, a repetition of that bad game merits attention and possibly action. Last week was not the first game this has happened. The offense's performance last week was a repeat prformance. It's frustrating because we as fans did not see ANY indication of improvement on the o-line. I can't speak for anyone else but I, for one, was expecting something a whole lot better than what I saw. Everybody and their grandmother knows the Hawks should easily handle the 49ers. I don't want to be around if the offense turns in a similar performance and they lose.

I don't want to see change for the sake of change. I have remained on the fence top because I had accepted the offense for what it is and winning eased the ill feelings. But this is a team that has a very high ceiling and it sucks to have to sit and watch it get pissed away because Pete doesn't want to fire a friend (if that's even the reason).

bmorepunk

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":4966aizm said:
Crizilla":4966aizm said:
True statement.

It really isn't. It's one of the worst common sayings in existence. Reference: Science. Medicine. Mathematics.

Even in football, a team or player doing the same thing repeatedly will get different results. The game, as a system, is too complicated with too many variables not to have variation.

OP
OP
M

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
bmorepunk":15epjla6 said:
MD5eahawks":15epjla6 said:
Crizilla":15epjla6 said:
True statement.

It really isn't. It's one of the worst common sayings in existence. Reference: Science. Medicine. Mathematics.

Even in football, a team or player doing the same thing repeatedly will get different results. The game, as a system, is too complicated with too many variables not to have variation.
I think you're ignoring the "exact" part of the statement.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":2wbqpohb said:
bmorepunk":2wbqpohb said:
MD5eahawks":2wbqpohb said:
Crizilla":2wbqpohb said:
True statement.

I think you're ignoring the "exact" part of the statement.

The definition of "same" is that two things are identical and not different in any way. The use of "exact" as a modifier to "same" is redundant. It's common in American English to use some variation of "exactly the same", but it's for emphasis and doesn't functionally modify whether something is the same or not.

And really, in reference to this thread, the way things have been done aren't the same. They're similar; the differences are not difficult to identify.

OP
OP
M

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
You can split the hairs any way you want. It's not a hard statement to understand. It is simply a true statement.
Bottom line - the offense is performing the same, similar, coincidental, comparable. And the results are the same, similar, coincidental, comparable.

Crizilla

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1km54cq1 said:
MD5eahawks":1km54cq1 said:
Crizilla":1km54cq1 said:
True statement.

2edgy4me

You gotta explain this to Pete and the boys

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Plenty of threads on the Seahawks OC and Line coach in the main forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.