The Best Offensive LIne in the NFL gets spanked

ivotuk

Reaction score
Which only goes to show, Defense wins Championships.

It's a lesson the Denver Broncos learned from us, and they've applied it well. Zeke Elliot, 8 yards.

I've like what Dallas has done recently with their drafts, but they aren't a complete team by a long shot. Trevor Siemian and the Broncos lit them up for 42 points.

Siemian 22/32 4 TDs 1 INT

adeltaY

Reaction score
The best way to beat the Cowboys is to play offense. Run the ball, make big plays, and score. Taking zeke out the game completely derails the Cowboys offensive plan. They can play catchup against many teams, but not against a defense that good.

I'm not sure even the Hawks can do what Denver did tbh. Stack the box and man up vs Dez and the rest of the receivers. Sherman could hold up, but I doubt the others can. Von and Shaq Barrett also played out of their minds.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Dallas isn't the best this year. They lost two starting offensive linemen. La'el Collins has been really bad for them at RT.

Raiders and Eagles have the best lines.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Their O-line played worse than ours Sunday. Their defense got exposed for the crap it is.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
hawknation2017":a8nc2k4v said:
Dallas isn't the best this year. They lost two starting offensive linemen. La'el Collins has been really bad for them at RT.

Raiders and Eagles have the best lines.

Collins has played okay. And they still have 3 Pro Bowlers where it counts, Left Tackle, Center, and Right Guard, They added Johnathon Cooper at Left Guard, a former 7th overall pick that has struggled after being traded to New England with a 2nd round pick for Chandler Jones. But with Pro Bowlers on either side of him, I believe Cooper's play will improve.

And La'el Collins has some real talent, he just needs playing time. He was touted as a high draft pick before somebody threw his name out there in association with a homicide. That proved not to be true.

The word is that the Raiders and Eagles have really good lines, but I'm not jumping on board with that just yet. Marshawn's 3.8 ypc doesn't instill confidence just yet. But he may just need time to get used to that line.

Cordarelle Patterson though, man that guy's a monster! He lit it up Sunday!

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Both Raiders and Dallas were 1 and done. I don't get why we need to model ourselves after them? Remember the great line the Hawks had with Hutch Walt Gray etc... How many superbowls did it win?

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":1anze7s0 said:
Both Raiders and Dallas were 1 and done. I don't get why we need to model ourselves after them? Remember the great line the Hawks had with Hutch Walt Gray etc... How many superbowls did it win?

Good point. And the Houston Oilers had some of the best OLines with Mathews and IIRC, Munchak was it? But that was Jeff Fisher and Jerry Glanville. Still cracks me up that some NFL owner gave Glanville a head coaching job.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":1o84qk1q said:

It's a lesson the Denver Broncos learned from us, and they've applied it well. Zeke Elliot, 8 yards.

I've like what Dallas has done recently with their drafts, but they aren't a complete team by a long shot. Trevor Siemian and the Broncos lit them up for 42 points.

Great fact "Defense Wins Championships"
Dallas got exposed and yes we can do the same thing to them as well.
I can't see Dallas being able to pay everyone to keep that great line.
Wait till Dak get his Brinks money and Zeke too in the same year.
They can have this great offense with what on defense?Ha Ha

sdog1981

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3a71cnnq said:
ivotuk":3a71cnnq said:

Great fact "Defense Wins Championships"
Dallas got exposed and yes we can do the same thing to them as well.
I can't see Dallas being able to pay everyone to keep that great line.
Wait till Dak get his Brinks money and Zeke too in the same year.
They can have this great offense with what on defense?Ha Ha

That bill is coming due on that Dallas team. They will be back to their 8-8 ways in no time.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
If the offensive line had the influence most people think, Russell Wilson would be a paraplegic by now and the Cowboys would have won the last eight Super Bowls.

As scary as it is to watch, Pete and John aren't far off with their allocations of money.