HYPOTHETICAL trade idea..

Trade Graham for Brown?

• Sign me up!

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Hell no, roll with the Ginger!

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Our O-line is perfect, no changes needed!

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I like cake.

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

2_0_6

Reaction score
Houston just lost their starting TE's, and are at a contract stalemate with their stud Dwayne Brown. I believe he has one more deal left on his deal and becomes a UFA in 2019, but damn he's a stud.

If they called and asked for a Jimmy for Dwayne swap straight across are you doing it?

iigakusei

Reaction score
In a heartbeat - but Houston would ask for a lot more.
My guess it would take Jimmy and a 1st Rounder.

hawk45

Reaction score
iigakusei":1cw8vfp5 said:
In a heartbeat - but Houston would ask for a lot more.
My guess it would take Jimmy and a 1st Rounder.

I'd do that in a heartbeat if Brown is a true stud. Our low first rounders turn into Carp, Ifedi, Irvin, etc. I'd give up a 2nd as well.

As inept as we've been developing the tackle position, desperation is called for.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Great band, Comfort Eagle is still their best album to date imo.

And yes, I'd like seattle to try this trade. At least get some value from him before his contract expires, because that value sure as hell isn't going to be on the field

Attachments

• comfort-eagle.jpg
    comfort-eagle.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,341

classicaaron

Reaction score
absolutely. an unused asset is only a hindrance so might as well get rid of him.

ivotuk

Reaction score
This is a thread about Houston players, and linking to a Seahawk through a "hypothetical" doesn't make it a Seahawks topic.

And Brown ? No.

Dude is old, 32. And went on IR last year with a quad injury. He's a quick injury away from retirement. Why do you think Houston refuses to pay him?

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
ivotuk":26gvpunc said:
This is a thread about Houston players, and linking to a Seahawk through a "hypothetical" doesn't make it a Seahawks topic.

And Brown ? No.

Dude is old, 32. And went on IR last year with a quad injury. He's a quick injury away from retirement. Why do you think Houston refuses to pay him?

Geezus, sorry for posting in the "wrong section".

A 32 year old LT is better than what we currently have there, and what we are getting from out $10million a year diva.

It is Houston, ya known the team that gave a pile of money to Osweiler.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Good fit.

Duane Brown has been playing in the ZBS his entire pro career. The cap dollars would need to match Brown is at 9.4m (needs to extend as he's already holding out at that figure). Graham has 2M in roster bonus that would be dead money for us on trade. So we'd need to shed around 3M in salary before even getting around to contract extension talks.

He's 32. That's much older than the kind of talents we typically go for. Also the team has been staunchly unwilling to trade him. Kind of put him in the same category as Joe Thomas. Team is not willing to deal.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2n4h8o96 said:
ivotuk":2n4h8o96 said:

And Brown ? No.

out $10million a year diva.

huh?

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
kobebryant":237tliyt said:
Hawk_Nation":237tliyt said:
ivotuk":237tliyt said:

And Brown ? No.

ou $10million a year diva.

huh?

Known to Bruce Irvin as "Jimmy"

Bobblehead

Reaction score
OR just trade Jimmy back to NO for the #1 pick we gave up.. I'll bet Bree's and Coach would be all for it.
I think his name is Peat OT who has done well I believe.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If this was June or July I'd say yes to this idea.

But I don't like the idea of trading for a starting player who hasn't played a real down in almost a year. Those guys rarely stay healthy or play at a high level. Usually it takes a month or longer.