Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

NFC west

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
NFC west
Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:54 pm
  • Uh anyone watching the game tonight. Rams looking very good. Play calling is to their strengths. Goff looking like a first rounder. No way this team beats them the way things are right now. We didn't beat them last year and we were better and they were worse.
    User avatar
    HawkerD
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 400
    Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:33 am
    Location: Covington WA


Re: NFC west
Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:58 pm

Re: NFC west
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:18 pm
  • Disheartening to see the Rams O destroy that "tough up and coming" Niners D. We managed 12 points and Rams are at 41 and time left to play.

    Granted its Thursday night and those games can get a bit wonky, but still.

    Rams are the competition this year folks. SO far this season they are looking better than the Hawks. Ton of talent on that team and Wade Phillips always gets a defense to the top 10.
    Mad Dog
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 103
    Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:12 am


Re: NFC west
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:33 pm
  • Yeah they are so good they are making Brian Hoyer look like Aaron Rodgers

    Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
    GOHAWKS

    CoolRodney wrote:This team has 3 talented players. That's it. I still can't believe we totally blew it in the Super Bowl. We won't be back any time soon.
    User avatar
    stizz19
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 121
    Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:14 pm


Re: NFC west
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:34 pm
  • Did people see what they did at home last week?

    Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
    GOHAWKS

    CoolRodney wrote:This team has 3 talented players. That's it. I still can't believe we totally blew it in the Super Bowl. We won't be back any time soon.
    User avatar
    stizz19
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 121
    Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:14 pm


Re: NFC west
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:42 pm
  • Well until this 4th quarter the Rams looked real good. Guess they still have some secondary weaknesses. But given our OL they don't need a secondary. Just send Aaron Donald at Mark Glowinski over and over again and its game over.
    Mad Dog
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 103
    Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:12 am


Re: NFC west
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:52 pm

Re: NFC west
Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:00 pm
  • Who knows about the Rams defense but I know we aren't going to be scoring big on them. Those defensive ends will look like LT and Derrick Thomas against our offensive line. Aaron Donald will do what he does all the time against us.

    No question in my mind the Rams are the strongest challenge to the Hawks. They have a quality all over the offense and They aren't terrible on defense. Even though they did give up a bunch in this game.

    Very sad that our offense managed 12 points against these 49ers. I think I saw some say there defense was Legit. Against real offensive lineman they had no pass rush and they couldn't cover anyone. Until our offensive line plays better every team we play is going to look like the best defense in the league.
    ojosdelgato
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 1
    Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:49 pm


Re: NFC west
Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:05 pm
  • ojosdelgato wrote:Who knows about the Rams defense but I know we aren't going to be scoring big on them. Those defensive ends will look like LT and Derrick Thomas against our offensive line. Aaron Donald will do what he does all the time against us.

    No question in my mind the Rams are the strongest challenge to the Hawks. They have a quality all over the offense and They aren't terrible on defense. Even though they did give up a bunch in this game.

    Very sad that our offense managed 12 points against these 49ers. I think I saw some say there defense was Legit. Against real offensive lineman they had no pass rush and they couldn't cover anyone. Until our offensive line plays better every team we play is going to look like the best defense in the league.


    Its not like it even matters that they arent terrible on defense. any defense that plays our offense ends up looking like the '85 bears.
    blazen2392
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 204
    Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:19 pm


Re: NFC west
Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:34 pm
  • lol rams dismantling that crappy niner D that seattle put up 12 at home on , even better they signed the tackle we should have, im losing faith in pete and john
    Image
    User avatar
    RussB
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2131
    Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:42 pm
    Location: Spokane, WA


Re: NFC west
Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:37 pm
  • oh i forgot we are just "starting slow"
    Image
    Image
    User avatar
    RussB
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2131
    Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:42 pm
    Location: Spokane, WA


Re: NFC west
Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:43 pm
  • This is hilarious. First of all, the BEST times to be a Seahawks fan was when the NFC West was the best division in football. I want to make it to the playoffs, getting through a hard schedule, time after time, testing our boundaries and pushing them forward. We played a game against the Niners in the rain and won despite some clear mis-ques in the game. THe same kind of mis-ques that cost us the Green Bay game. Drops and missed opportunities. I want these teams to be good, so that we can take pride in besting our division, have played tough games all year and overcome, and then just elevate in time for the playoffs. That was the scheme that worked for us. I'd like to see how things play out before I start crying. I WANT these to be tough games. IT's more fun to watch. Tonight's game was a blast!
    Image
    User avatar
    KARAVARUS
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3422
    Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:09 am
    Location: Omaha, NE


Re: NFC west
Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:45 pm

Re: NFC west
Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:03 am
  • KARAVARUS wrote:This is hilarious. First of all, the BEST times to be a Seahawks fan was when the NFC West was the best division in football. I want to make it to the playoffs, getting through a hard schedule, time after time, testing our boundaries and pushing them forward. We played a game against the Niners in the rain and won despite some clear mis-ques in the game. THe same kind of mis-ques that cost us the Green Bay game. Drops and missed opportunities. I want these teams to be good, so that we can take pride in besting our division, have played tough games all year and overcome, and then just elevate in time for the playoffs. That was the scheme that worked for us. I'd like to see how things play out before I start crying. I WANT these to be tough games. IT's more fun to watch. Tonight's game was a blast!


    I totally am on board with this. When the WHOLE division is tough, hard hitting, and smashmouth, then the whole division is worthy of heading into the playoffs with a chip on their shoulder. That is contrary to the other divisions that are powder puff teams with the exception of the one team in that division. They may as well play 2 hand touch or flag football. If your team has to go down 3 levels in the win/loss to make it to the playoffs and division winners listing, then you have made a difference in this football. Strength of schedule will mean something then.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    User avatar
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7208
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


Re: NFC west
Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:23 am
  • The analysis I'm seeing in this thread is mostly off to me

    The Rams are a threat. They've always had a great front 7, and now they have a great offense. Watkins, Gurley, Austin. An improved O-line. To make it seem like we are so pathetic because the Rams were able to score proficiently is ridiculous. They're loaded on offense, but they will NOT do that to our defense

    As for the Niners, people are being far too harsh on them. They are not a bad team...Kyle Shanahan is great with offense. The Niners are gonna finish as one of those 7-9 or 8-8 teams that gives everyone a fight. They're not a 2-14 team

    The arguments here are similar to claiming that the Lions or Redskins years ago (when they were bad) shouldn't have been giving the Giants, Packers, etc. trouble
    Scorpion05
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 204
    Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:05 am


Re: NFC west
Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:11 am
  • HawkerD wrote:Uh anyone watching the game tonight. Rams looking very good. Play calling is to their strengths. Goff looking like a first rounder. No way this team beats them the way things are right now. We didn't beat them last year and we were better and they were worse.


    Really shows just how bad Jeff Fisher was. Makes me wonder when I see train wrecks like Jeff Fisher and Tom Cable, just what is going on behind the scenes. What are the discussions and conversations like with the owner. What is the owner and GM thinking when they see talent wasted by bad coaching. Ultimately I think the Rams and Niners got the best available coaches, so one could argue that however long they waited was the appropriate amount of time.

    But you didn't have to be a football expert or be an NFL insider to see that Fisher was a loser, over and over.
    Fire Tom Cable
    User avatar
    xgeoff
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1195
    Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:45 pm




It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:22 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online