The Rams....

Cyrus12

Reaction score
...are you concerned from what you have seen so far that they will win both games this year? The offence looks better and Aaron Donald could no doubt break the record for most sacks in a game wit ou o line. I had the hawks winning both games this year but not so sure now....or Wil they be typical low scoring ugly games like in previous years? Are the rams a threat this year to win the div? Thoughts?

iigakusei

Reaction score
Way too early to say I think - the Rams offense definitely looks WAY better. I think we will know more after they play their next three games. At Dallas, home to Seattle, at Jacksonville. I could easily see them losing all three. As for our game against them who knows? If we don't find an offense it doesn't matter who we play - we aren't going far.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Normally we lose to them at least once a year. If the game was played next week I think we lose easily. But the secret is often not who you play, but when you play them. Hopefully by that time our offense will have found its identity.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I saw a much better Rams team last night, especially on offense. Goff no longer has a dear in the headlight I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing look.

The scariest part of the Rams is Gurley, McVay figured out how to properly use him, and that's not good for us.

We'll see, they've played nobody yet. We'll see how high powered they look against the Cowboys next week.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3gvo75ke said:
I saw a much better Rams team last night, especially on offense. Goff no longer has a dear in the headlight I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing look.

The scariest part of the Rams is Gurley, McVay figured out how to properly use him, and that's not good for us.

We'll see, they've played nobody yet. We'll see how high powered they look against the Cowboys next week.

Im not afraid of ANY offense in the league when we're healthy. Especially one started by Sunshine Jared Goff. Green Bay in lambo they are not.

Now their defense has historically given us fits. But they did just get 39? put up on them by Hoyer????

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
gowazzu02":pu39xpsy said:
Now their defense has historically given us fits. But they did just get 39? put up on them by Hoyer????

Yes, but you know how divisional teams are, some teams just match up well against other divisional teams.

Only two games the Niners won last year were against the Rams...........meanwhile we make the Rams defense look like the steel curtain.

So who knows.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":33z6h5lh said:
gowazzu02":33z6h5lh said:

Yes, but you know how divisional teams are, some teams just match up well against other divisional teams.

Only two games the Niners won last year were against the Rams...........meanwhile we make the Rams defense look like the steel curtain.

So who knows.

Yup.

Im really hoping that Monkey left when they fired Fischer.

We'll see but hoping to whip up on their high school coach a few times this year. But honestly thats neither here nor there we dont play them for another couple weeks. Who knows what each team looks like them.

northseahawk

Reaction score
Usually the rams beat us with a crappy dysfunctional team. This year they have a nfl level team thats going to beat the shit out of us!!

pugs1

Reaction score
Not to go all conspiracy theorist but the Rams concern me not only for their better play but the low attendance in L.A. Don't be surprised if the Rams get a push from the League. They need a winner in L.A. And the Rams are their best chance.

Rambitious

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2jqs7h4f said:

35 points and a win!!

:D

adeltaY

Reaction score
Honestly, let's go get these bastards. I'm not confident we will win, but I think we can put up a fight and maybe take the game. The Rams offense looks amazing, but they haven't faced a great defense yet, which I would say we still have despite the rough outing against the Titans. Our offense.... who knows? Their defense certainly doesn't look great, but that was against real NFL offenses.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm concerned that Red Alice is going to..Never mind..There are no easy wins in the NFL(Tom Brady)

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/914750629955948544[/tweet] :smiley_boxin:

RedAlice

Reaction score
I think Hawks were favored until this week's games. And isn't 2.5 the normal give for home field advantage? So, it's not actually like Rams are favored at 1.5.

Looking forward to our game - as I always do. It will be my first Rams game I can go to this season. So excited!

Maulbert

Reaction score
RedAlice":3mdbal8m said:
I think Hawks were favored until this week's games. And isn't 2.5 the normal give for home field advantage? So, it's not actually like Rams are favored at 1.5.

Looking forward to our game - as I always do. It will be my first Rams game I can go to this season. So excited!

You're all class, Alice, but I hope you're dissapointed on Sunday.

RedAlice

Reaction score
And you are all class yourself, Maulbert. And I also hope you are disappointed on Sunday.

Loves.

sutz

Reaction score
I believe home field advantage runs 3 points. The Seahawks biggest problem is probably the grass field. We suck on grass.

RedAlice

Reaction score
sutz":rfpxg6t4 said:
I believe home field advantage runs 3 points. The Seahawks biggest problem is probably the grass field. We suck on grass.

Home field advantage is 2.5. Before Sunday, Hawks were favored 1.5. Now Rams are at the even point of 2.5.

Interesting point on the grass.

sutz

Reaction score
RedAlice":2v5xs9uy said:
sutz":2v5xs9uy said:

Home field advantage is 2.5. Before Sunday, Hawks were favored 1.5. Now Rams are at the even point of 2.5.

Interesting point on the grass.
Yeah...

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/9/25/16 ... s-on-grass

Going back to the end of the 2015 season, the Seahawks offense had managed to score more than 10 points on grass only one time in six games. The lack of production from the offense on natural fields over that timeframe included poor showings such as putting just three points on the scoreboard against the Rams, five points against the Bucs, six points against the Cardinals and just nineteen points in two games at Lambeau.

The team’s ability to score in such games was so bad that heading into yesterday’s game against the Titans, the Hawks had averaged just 9.3 points per game over the last six games played on a grass field. That’s even when including the 25 points the team scored against the San Francisco 49ers in the finale last year, which represents over 44% of the 56 points scored in those game. What that means is that during that timeframe, the team was averaging just 6.2 points per game when playing on natural grass against an opponent that did not end the year with the second overall pick.

Hard to win with those offensive scoring numbers. :229031_shrug:

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think that natural grass thing is overhyped. Kind of like "He's the only player since the merger to score in 10 straight games while wearing women's underwear." You see it all the time and it's kind of funny. "Figures lie, and liars figure..

Anyway, the main thing about playing on natural grass is, they're all away games, with a few being early starts. You can probably find a lot of them are September games too, where we annually start out slow.

The Rams are improving, but I wouldn't place much weight in the Dallas game. They're not as good as last year, they're surprising no one. In fact, they've gotten beat up a bit this year, and I think Sean Lee is injured. Not sure when it happened, but that's a big deal on their already weak defense.

The only thing that worries me is Toddy Gurley's running game. But if our defense will "Do their jobs," and stay in their lanes, I don't see a problem. This is a historically good run defense that has held RBs to below 3 ypc, but lose focus and let a big run get past them. If it weren't for those uncharacteristic busted "coverages" on the running back, there would probably not be a 100 yard rusher against us.

So if they "pay attention to details" as Earl Thomas said, I see a good game with us coming out on top. And it's about time.

And if the Rams play this game like it's the most important game of the year, it will be their downfall.