Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Lions got robbed

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Lions got robbed
Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:53 pm
  • That was a game winning TD by Tate and they overturned it. Terrible call the review system is a just judgement call. No point of having reviews they can't get it right.
    Touchdooooooown SEAHAWKS!!!!
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran

Re: Lions got robbed
Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:51 pm
  • Agreed..
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:08 pm
  • Seahaaaawks wrote:That was a game winning TD by Tate and they overturned it. Terrible call the review system is a just judgement call. No point of having reviews they can't get it right.

Meh.
    He got the call that mattered to us... :D
    400WattHPSHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:49 pm
  • ITate's knee was down and the ball hadn't crossed the goal line. Watch the replay. The officials got this one right.

400WattHPSHawk wrote:Meh.

Good memory. :)
    Last edited by Uncle Si on Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: If that's what matters than stick to that point
    FalconsFanNW
    NET Starter

Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:19 pm
  • DKhBhSfW4AAUpwL.jpg
    DKhBhSfW4AAUpwL.jpg (172.02 KiB) Viewed 743 times
    FalconsFanNW
    NET Starter

Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:23 pm
  • FalconsFanNW wrote:It's hilarious that Hawk fans are complaining about calls.

How many wins do you guys have in the Pete Carroll era that involved questionable calls?

The irony here is the game today involved both

1) Golden Tate

2) The Detroit Lions

You guys remember games involving these 2 in Seattle?

BTW, Tate's knee was down and the ball hadn't crossed the goal line. Watch the replay. The officials got this one right.

It's hilarious you are here trolling.

I remember your team blew a 25 point lead in the 3rd quarter of the Super Bowl,
    All your team had to do is run the ball and melt the clock.

Sad part is I was rooting for your team because I hate The Cheatriots and they let me down!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:25 pm

How many wins do you guys have in the Pete Carroll era that involved questionable calls?

3. And you could argue them either way, none were "bad" calls. There have been many more where Seattle was hosed all game, and even statistics proving ref bias a few years back. You just have a perception because the sports media obsessed over a few calls.
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:38 pm

1) Golden Tate

2) The Detroit Lions

BTW, Tate's knee was down and the ball hadn't crossed the goal line. Watch the replay. The officials got this one right.

Lost a Super Bowl due to biased officiating taking double digit points away during the game.
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:37 pm
  • FalconsFanNW wrote:
    DKhBhSfW4AAUpwL.jpg

Cannot argue with that pic.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:20 am

1) Golden Tate

2) The Detroit Lions

28-3. Funny you're back posting now when the Falcons are winning. You got super quiet after the Pats made your team the butt end of every NFL joke for the entire offseason.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:45 am
  • FalconsFanNW wrote:
    DKhBhSfW4AAUpwL.jpg

Knee down? Yes. The question then comes - when was he touched for down by contact? Looks to me like he is being touched in the photo. But that can be an illusion. I would say they got the call right. I would also like to add that a Falcons fan coming in here throwing that kind of mud around is the equivalent of bringing a knife to a gun fight. You'll get no respect here.
    Sounds like someone is still butt hurt over a certain play without acknowledgement of the "full" play.
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:58 am
  • I like what the linesman is looking at. Cant tell by the pic if he is touched before the catch or after the catch or during. The guy closest to us is not..but cant see the guy behind the receiver. Could be a knee swipe after the catch.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:14 am
  • Julio Jones got away with hands to the face at the start of that play.
    Last edited by Uncle Si on Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Personal attacks removed
    Vpk0718
    NET Starter

Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:20 am
  • I thought the call of Golden being down was correct. Though it would have been nice if the refs had got it correct on the field initially, and seen a fire drill to see if Stafford could get em lined up in time to run a 4th down sneak. The runoff rule makes sense too, unfortunately it hurts one team more than the other depending on which way the initial call goes. I'm not sure I have an idea of how to make it better; of course it would only happen to Detroit of all teams.

My one qualm may be that it looks like Golden is down at :11 and not :8.

I like Golden and I like DQ - so either way. But, this is one step further towards the NFC playoffs going through the Georgia Dome, which poses obvious issues should the Hawks pull it together.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:34 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:It's hilarious you are here trolling.

Sad part is I was rooting for your team because I hate The Cheatriots and they let me down!

Nobody is here trolling.. I'm posting in NFL Nation.

I am disappointed though. Is that really the best you could do? Really? Was it supposed to hurt my feelings?

Sure it was a brutal loss... the whole world knows the Pats didn't win that Super Bowl... the Falcons lost it. The bone headed play calling by Shanahan cost us the win...

... we probably should have handed it to Marshawn... oh... I mean Freeman.

Life goes on...

mistaowen wrote:28-3. Funny you're back posting now when the Falcons are winning. You got super quiet after the Pats made your team the butt end of every NFL joke for the entire offseason.

I think every Falcons fan got super quiet... but you guys know that feeling after 49.

Rest assured though... we've moved on. It's a new season.. and I'll still be bleeding Falcons red.

But yes, WE BLEW THE SUPER BOWL ON A NATIONAL STAGE IN FRONT OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE... MY TEAM FAILED!

There you go.

Nobody here cares about last season... the Falcons know what they left on the field. It's time to go get it.

Cya in November.
    FalconsFanNW
    NET Starter

Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:14 pm
  • Go to the Shack if you all want to take runs at each other.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:39 pm
  • Well the 6 replays on redzone slowed down didn't show that. Even the announcer was surprised. Didn't see that angle I guess
    Touchdooooooown SEAHAWKS!!!!
    Seahaaaawks
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:30 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    FalconsFanNW wrote:It's hilarious that Hawk fans are complaining about calls.

1) Golden Tate

2) The Detroit Lions

It's hilarious you are here trolling.

Then he said this:

It's all good man... Just got a text from my brother in GA. He said "I knew the Atlanta I knew would show up eventually. I'm done with the Falcons I'll never watch another down."

Now that I think about it I'm gonna do the same. The team will never get over this and will forever be labeled for the biggest choke job ever.

Just done with it. So many let downs with the Braves and now the Falcons. To hell with the

Fans
    Always
    Left
    Counting
    On
    Next
    Season

Meh.

Not even mad just kinda in a state of shock. Either way there's no way I'm ever gonna subject myself to the constant trolling that will come from being a Falcons fan.

Not gonna do it. Screw this team. LOL. Later guys.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:51 pm
  • FalconsFanNW wrote:ITate's knee was down and the ball hadn't crossed the goal line. Watch the replay. The officials got this one right.

Except for the part where they ran all the rest of the time off of the clock, not allowing Detroit to run another play. An absolutely atrocious rule that penalized a team for the referee's error. If they'd have ruled it down, Detroit has a chance to get one more play off. So they didn't get it right at all.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:12 pm
  • 253hawk wrote:
    FalconsFanNW wrote:ITate's knee was down and the ball hadn't crossed the goal line. Watch the replay. The officials got this one right.

Except for the part where they ran all the rest of the time off of the clock, not allowing Detroit to run another play. An absolutely atrocious rule that penalized a team for the referee's error. If they'd have ruled it down, Detroit has a chance to get one more play off. So they didn't get it right at all.

Agreed. The refs get it wrong so the game is over. I hate that runoff rule and there needs to be an exception for situations like this. The Lions did nothing wrong in this scenario and were denied the chance of a last second 4th down. If this happened to NE, Dallas, Pitt, GB, etc ESPN and co would be all over it, clamoring for a rule change.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:52 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Go to the Shack if you all want to take runs at each other.

I know right... I respond to a post saying my team won a game on a bad call... when they clearly won the game on the correct call and it turns into this hatefest.

Kudos to the guy who took the time to dig up the post from 8 months ago too...

Seanhawk wrote:
    Then he said this:

Not even mad just kinda in a state of shock. Either way there's no way I'm ever gonna subject myself to the constant trolling that will come from being a Falcons fan.

Not gonna do it. Screw this team. LOL. Later guys.

I posted that like 5 mins after the Super Bowl and I know what I said... when you experience a crushing defeat in the Super Bowl any fan would be upset.

You guys know what that feels like... and it doesn't matter if you blow a 25 pt lead or lose it on the 1 yard line... it still stings the same. I could dig up all the threads posted right after 49... but I don't care enough to bother.

Time heals all wounds though, and it's over and done with. Screw the haters is pretty much all I have to say to those who bring up 28-3.

Good luck this season... looking forward to MNF on 11/20... I'll be at CenturyLink. We should grab a beer.

:)
    FalconsFanNW
    NET Starter

Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:38 am
  • Shoot, not only did the Lions get Robbed, the 39ers did as well. Once again, the Refs have a huge impact on games. Should never happen.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:57 am
  • West TX Hawk wrote:Agreed. The refs get it wrong so the game is over. I hate that runoff rule and there needs to be an exception for situations like this. The Lions did nothing wrong in this scenario and were denied the chance of a last second 4th down. If this happened to NE, Dallas, Pitt, GB, etc ESPN and co would be all over it, clamoring for a rule change.

It happened in the Bucs/Rams games a few years ago, but in that situation Mike Evans got hurt and couldn't get off the field, and they had no timeouts left.

On one hand I kind of feel bad for the Lions, but on the other hand they were at the Falcons' 45 yard line with 1:48 left, and ATL even helped them out with 2 timeouts. 8 of their last 10 plays were passes for incompletions, including 5/6 in the red zone and 2 out of the last 3 from the 1 yard line. And they only got that far because of a boneheaded DPI on Trufant. If that offense was any more inept, they'd be Seattle.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:22 am
  • 253hawk wrote:
    West TX Hawk wrote:Agreed. The refs get it wrong so the game is over. I hate that runoff rule and there needs to be an exception for situations like this. The Lions did nothing wrong in this scenario and were denied the chance of a last second 4th down. If this happened to NE, Dallas, Pitt, GB, etc ESPN and co would be all over it, clamoring for a rule change.

It happened in the Bucs/Rams games a few years ago, but in that situation Mike Evans got hurt and couldn't get off the field, and they had no timeouts left.

On one hand I kind of feel bad for the Lions, but on the other hand they were at the Falcons' 45 yard line with 1:48 left, and ATL even helped them out with 2 timeouts. 8 of their last 10 plays were passes for incompletions, including 5/6 in the red zone and 2 out of the last 3 from the 1 yard line. And they only got that far because of a boneheaded DPI on Trufant. If that offense was any more inept, they'd be Seattle.

That's a bit different though - while serious injuries can happen under two minutes, guys are aware beforehand that them staying down can cost their team the game. And if that rule wasn't in place, guys could fake being injured to stop the game.

The Rams also won a game against the Cardinals years ago on a false start that turned into a run off - penalties are also made by the players though.

This - I mean....I take pride in knowing almost every rule for the NFL....I wasn't even aware of a 10 second run off because of a review. It makes absolutely zero sense to penalize Detroit for that.

I would make more sense to make the Lions players stand some distance away from the LOS (10 yards or so) and not let them pass until the time starts running, that way they can't get lined up because of the review.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:52 am
  • i'm aware of that, I'm just saying it's very rare for a game to end on a run-off, unless it's an offensive penalty of some sort. This instance had nothing to do with the offense, it was basically an official's time out and then "Well, we were wrong on the TD call, but because it caused us to stop and look at it, we're burning up the clock and this game is over. Maybe you should have made it easier by either for us by getting in standing up or just staying on the ground short of the goal line so you could run another play...assuming we could move our decrepit butts fast enough to set the ball."

The whole thing is ridiculous. Why can't they just set the ball and run the clock? So they got a bit of a free timeout while the refs were hemming and hawing at the review screen, so what? It's not like that kind of play happens very often or that any team would be able to deliberately put themselves in that position.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:20 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information