Minnesota with Case Keenum beats up good Buccaneers team

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
PC and Bevell could learn from what vikings against a very good Buccaneers team.
It speaks highly of OC Pat Shurmur when he can coach up Case frickn Keenum (who sucked last week) and make him look GREAT--getting the ball out in 2 seconds with tempo and anticipation. On several plays Case got his offense lined up and manipulated the defense with his cadence. Then on a td play he used his cadence to reveal and neutralize a blitzing defender then tossed a td pass over him. Case Keenum was 27 of 33 for 369 yds, 3 td.
Anyway, i just had to mention Shurmur's playcalling and coaching as a strength on that young team.
It's interesting to rewatch them play after watching our game--to see how they solve the same problems.
Remember that Minnesota has shuffled their very average offensive line. They moved on from a HOF running back and is bouyed by a top defense. Their team philosophy is similar to the Hawks. And like us they have a promising tough rookie rb in Cook.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
I envy their OL coach and OL scout. 5 new starters on the OL. 5!!! LT is a cast-off from Detroit. LG is undrafted. Center is a 3rd rounder. RG is 6th rounder. RT is undrafted. Yet they held off a Bucs DL which bent us over last year and gave it up our butt hole without vaseline.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ludakrishna":25rszzz9 said:
I envy their OL coach and OL scout. 5 new starters on the OL. 5!!! LT is a cast-off from Detroit. LG is undrafted. Center is a 3rd rounder. RG is 6th rounder. RT is undrafted. Yet they held off a Bucs DL which bent us over last year and gave it up our butt hole without vaseline.

A Bucs D missing alot of key components as I understand it.

Broadcast crew kept harping on it yesterday.

That same OL was garbage against the Steelers the week before.

But, I know the Vikings are relieved at Keenum's play. Now they can "rest" Bradford and see where Bridgewater's recovery lands over the next few weeks before committing to one or the other as the future QB

ptisme

Reaction score
NFC North could be the toughest division in the league. Not even the Bears are a "W" on anyone's schedule....

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Pete and company should learn from a team that hasn't won a playoff game in I don't know how long...... Great idea

ivotuk

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":141tnfhn said:
Pete and company should learn from a team that hasn't won a playoff game in I don't know how long...... Great idea

LOL!

Isn't that the Oline that put Sam Bradford on the sideline?

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
ivotuk":2mtqlpn7 said:
ApnaHawk":2mtqlpn7 said:

LOL!

Isn't that the Oline that put Sam Bradford on the sideline?

He didnt get hit, he just had swelling in his knee, there is no actual structural or muscular dmg. He wanted to play yesterday but they held him out.