In watching the Packers pick apart the Bears (Hawks related)

seabowl

Reaction score
I think most would agree the Packers OL is not very good based on talent and current injuries. So how does a team with some of the same issues we are going through put up a lot of points?

Simple:

1- they have a great QB who is smart at knowing the situation
2- they gameplan knowing their line stinks

Particularly with #2 the Packers run routes that get receivers open quickly (quick slants, crossing routes, semi pick plays, etc..) in addition they have their QB get rid of the ball within 1-2 seconds on many plays thus neutralizing the D's pressure on the line and QB. it seems like such an obvious thing that it's amazing that the Hawks haven't figured this out for their gameplan.

Look if your OL sucks you need to gameplan around it and for whatever reason they haven't. This especially is true if you want to run a traditional O without having to go to the RO or hurry up. Maybe a look at how the Packers do it wiould open their eyes as to how to move the ball.

I just got through my entire rant without mentioning what O coach this is geared at. Man I hate that guy.

Thoughts?

AVL

Reaction score
I was watching the bears pick apart the bears. Their front office makes everyone else look good this season.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I agree. The Packers were missing their top 5 tackles from the preseason, they draft from the same range we do year in and year out which is a popular excuse in Seahawks twitter and are still able to adapt to their situation and game plan around it. It was also frustrating watching Evans who we cut only to make the pro bowl that same year, spring a td with a tremendous run block. I'll leave Bevell out of it. I think a problem that gets ignored is Cable's ability to evaluate talent. He routinely starts the wrong guy and I could give a dozen different examples. Frustrating.

Seymour

Reaction score
austinslater25":2wrz0r9b said:
I agree. The Packers were missing their top 5 tackles from the preseason, they draft from the same range we do year in and year out which is a popular excuse in Seahawks twitter and are still able to adapt to their situation and game plan around it. It was also frustrating watching Evans who we cut only to make the pro bowl that same year, spring a td with a tremendous run block. I'll leave Bevell out of it. I think a problem that gets ignored is Cable's ability to evaluate talent. He routinely starts the wrong guy and I could give a dozen different examples. Frustrating.

Not ignored by me. I've been beating this drum 2+ years now. Cable has no clue about talent level without several actual games to review tape of. I said again this season, it would be game 4 or longer before they even figure out their 5 best players (+ 4 pre season games). Switching guys around then "expecting them to be better than last year", is just another irritating Cable behavior that slows progress also.
Agree, it's very frustrating.

As to why others can do what we cannot with young players? You have to admit the problem is real to make the proper adjustments, they know how to adjust as proved in 2015. Arrogance and stubborn behavior are getting in the way.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
They started four guards and a center yesterday. We have ZERO excuses for the struggles we're seeing out of the Seahawks offensive line. It's pathetic.

Seymour

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1ej49rmp said:
They started four guards and a center yesterday. We have ZERO excuses for the struggles we're seeing out of the Seahawks offensive line. It's pathetic.

And to add insult to injury, they lost their best guard TJ Lang this year also.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
austinslater25":2c291eiw said:

Well it would help if we could also get away with the ammount of holding their Oline commits.... :sarcasm_on: Oh wait nvm they must have the best coaches and OL in the world to never commit holding, even when Rodgers is scrambling and every position on the line is a backup :sarcasm_off:

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Define "pick apart".

The Packers averaged 4.9 yards per play, the Bears 4.8

The Packers only averaged 5.8 yards per pass attempt..

The Packers only gained 260 total yards in the game

Rodgers made the most of those yards, and they got 4 turnovers. Rodgers was great in the redzone..

But the score was deceiving IMO. Seattle would have done the same thing to the Bears last night.

xgeoff

Reaction score
austinslater25":ze2y517y said:

Amen, brother. Amen!

xgeoff

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":18olhb0c said:

Exactly, and look at some of the missteps. We cut Jahri Evans!? We started Mark Glowinski over Oday Oboushi. We took Germain Ifedi ahead of Cody Whitehair, Jason Spriggs, Nick Martin, Joe Thuney, Graham Glasgow, and Shon Coleman, all of whom rate better.

We have no excuses. We've invested in the line. We have not been able to judge talent. We've made strange and irresponsible decisions, like the Evans debacle.

We need to stop the excuses and make better decisions, period.