Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Are the eagles a legitimate competitor?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Are the eagles a legitimate competitor?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:49 am
  • 3-1 destroying the cards today. Seems like they get a lot of points from defense and special teams. Wentz improved greatly in the red zone from last year.

Also cardinals, not a good football team.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• Yes. And so are the Panthers
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• They were without their best defender today in Fletcher Cox, too.

Their weak point is their corner spot but they have reinforcements coming in the next few weeks with Ronald Darby coming back from his Week 1 injury and Sidney Jones getting in there, too.
    xkj1985x
    NET Practice Squad

• They're good. I don't know if they're great yet, but the Cardinals are proving themselves to be awful. Overtime victories over the Colts and 49ers impress no one, so I read nothing from Philly dominating them.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• I think they are good, but if they lose to *allas I reserve the right to change my mind.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I think they are a good team, but hard to tell how good. They beat Skins, Giants, Chargers, Cardinals and lost to Chiefs but played ok in that game.

I'm interested to see how they do this week, against the Panthers, who I do think are legit.
    LolaRox
    NET Veteran

• They have an Elite OL and an Elite DL. That makes any team competetive in the league. Hopefully they dont figure out the run game.
    FIRE PETE CARROLL!!!!
    Jim Harbaugh to Seattle 2018!
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran

• mistaowen wrote:Seems like they get a lot of points from defense and special teams.

Say what? Wentz threw four TD passes yesterday...
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• They stared hot last year too. Two of their wins came against the Chargers and the Giants and both of those were tight games. I'm not buying them
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    mistaowen wrote:Seems like they get a lot of points from defense and special teams.

Say what? Wentz threw four TD passes yesterday...

Meant in earlier games, Wentz played well yesterday.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• The record says they are, so they are. Besides the record, you watch them just a little and they look the part. The Giants looked the part of dumpster fire last year and prolonged the inevitable until this year. Dallas has been front running and have bought in to just showing up and thumping teams and it has come back to smack them in the face with a vengeance.

The iggles have been constant, same as the Redskins. Wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Dallas implode and finish just above the bottom feeder Giants in the NFC East. Eli is so bad, why cant people see this??
    irocdave
    NET Veteran

• Ask me again on December 4th.
    Now a guppy driver. Loving the Hawks with my bro Nanomoz for over 30 years
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

• Sports Hernia wrote:I think they are good, but if they lose to *allas I reserve the right to change my mind.

That's a divisional game. It's all but guaranteed they will split with Dallas. Just how the NFCE works.

Carson Wentz is highly suspect with his accuracy. He can make some truly spectacular plays but some boneheaded mistakes and inaccurate throws that look worse than any throw Russ has made all year. And that's given he's standing behind the best OL in the league.
    adeltaY
    NET Rookie

• I'm schizo on the Eagles. I just simply Love Love Love going to games in their city. Love them.

Now, this Sunday, some Eagles fans were by me and during Rams game Dallas was playing, and they are simply how do I say without using a banned word: stupid idiot loud mouthed toddlers.

God I hate their fans when they are not in Philly. My god I have not sat by worse fans ever!!!! And, I'm always sitting by the other teams fans.

so, Eagles fans are kinda the worst. But IN PHILLY, they are the best.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• At the moment.

But, the Wentz wagon wheels fell off in the second half of last year, so I'm reserving judgment on him a bit. I think he's probably overrated, and that's just my personal eyeball test. He makes some great plays, but he seems to have eons in the pocket. He also gets away with a lot of mistakes that reminds me a lot of Nick Foles in Philly a few years ago.
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran

• nanomoz wrote:At the moment.

But, the Wentz wagon wheels fell off in the second half of last year, so I'm reserving judgment on him a bit. I think he's probably overrated, and that's just my personal eyeball test. He makes some great plays, but he seems to have eons in the pocket. He also gets away with a lot of mistakes that reminds me a lot of Nick Foles in Philly a few years ago.

Completely different team. Last year, the wheels fell off on Wentz when Lane Johnson was suspended for 10 games. Lane Johnson is out tonight with a concussion so we shall see how that works.

But also last year, they had zero legit receivers.....they changed that this year by bringing in Alshon Jeffrey, Torrey Smith, and Nelson Agholor magically finding himself and deciding to play football. Blount has ran the ball well the past few weeks. It's just a different team.

They are a much improved team but they are probably a year or so away from being a legit contender.
    xkj1985x
    NET Practice Squad

• The addition of Jeffrey and Blount really gave Wentz the tools he needed. They are a solid team, not great but damn good.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

• Wentz is a baller.
    Hendo66
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:51 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information