Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Are the eagles a legitimate competitor?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Are the eagles a legitimate competitor?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:49 am
  • 3-1 destroying the cards today. Seems like they get a lot of points from defense and special teams. Wentz improved greatly in the red zone from last year.

Also cardinals, not a good football team.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• Yes. And so are the Panthers
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• They were without their best defender today in Fletcher Cox, too.

Their weak point is their corner spot but they have reinforcements coming in the next few weeks with Ronald Darby coming back from his Week 1 injury and Sidney Jones getting in there, too.
    xkj1985x
    NET Rookie

• They're good. I don't know if they're great yet, but the Cardinals are proving themselves to be awful. Overtime victories over the Colts and 49ers impress no one, so I read nothing from Philly dominating them.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• I think they are good, but if they lose to *allas I reserve the right to change my mind.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I think they are a good team, but hard to tell how good. They beat Skins, Giants, Chargers, Cardinals and lost to Chiefs but played ok in that game.

I'm interested to see how they do this week, against the Panthers, who I do think are legit.
    LolaRox
    NET Veteran

• They have an Elite OL and an Elite DL. That makes any team competetive in the league. Hopefully they dont figure out the run game.
    FIRE PETE CARROLL!!!!
    Jim Harbaugh to Seattle 2018!
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran

• mistaowen wrote:Seems like they get a lot of points from defense and special teams.

Say what? Wentz threw four TD passes yesterday...
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• They stared hot last year too. Two of their wins came against the Chargers and the Giants and both of those were tight games. I'm not buying them
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    mistaowen wrote:Seems like they get a lot of points from defense and special teams.

Say what? Wentz threw four TD passes yesterday...

Meant in earlier games, Wentz played well yesterday.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• The record says they are, so they are. Besides the record, you watch them just a little and they look the part. The Giants looked the part of dumpster fire last year and prolonged the inevitable until this year. Dallas has been front running and have bought in to just showing up and thumping teams and it has come back to smack them in the face with a vengeance.

The iggles have been constant, same as the Redskins. Wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Dallas implode and finish just above the bottom feeder Giants in the NFC East. Eli is so bad, why cant people see this??
    irocdave
    NET Veteran

• Ask me again on December 4th.
    Now a guppy driver. Loving the Hawks with my bro Nanomoz for over 30 years
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

• Sports Hernia wrote:I think they are good, but if they lose to *allas I reserve the right to change my mind.

That's a divisional game. It's all but guaranteed they will split with Dallas. Just how the NFCE works.

Carson Wentz is highly suspect with his accuracy. He can make some truly spectacular plays but some boneheaded mistakes and inaccurate throws that look worse than any throw Russ has made all year. And that's given he's standing behind the best OL in the league.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• I'm schizo on the Eagles. I just simply Love Love Love going to games in their city. Love them.

Now, this Sunday, some Eagles fans were by me and during Rams game Dallas was playing, and they are simply how do I say without using a banned word: stupid idiot loud mouthed toddlers.

God I hate their fans when they are not in Philly. My god I have not sat by worse fans ever!!!! And, I'm always sitting by the other teams fans.

so, Eagles fans are kinda the worst. But IN PHILLY, they are the best.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• At the moment.

But, the Wentz wagon wheels fell off in the second half of last year, so I'm reserving judgment on him a bit. I think he's probably overrated, and that's just my personal eyeball test. He makes some great plays, but he seems to have eons in the pocket. He also gets away with a lot of mistakes that reminds me a lot of Nick Foles in Philly a few years ago.
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran

• nanomoz wrote:At the moment.

But, the Wentz wagon wheels fell off in the second half of last year, so I'm reserving judgment on him a bit. I think he's probably overrated, and that's just my personal eyeball test. He makes some great plays, but he seems to have eons in the pocket. He also gets away with a lot of mistakes that reminds me a lot of Nick Foles in Philly a few years ago.

Completely different team. Last year, the wheels fell off on Wentz when Lane Johnson was suspended for 10 games. Lane Johnson is out tonight with a concussion so we shall see how that works.

But also last year, they had zero legit receivers.....they changed that this year by bringing in Alshon Jeffrey, Torrey Smith, and Nelson Agholor magically finding himself and deciding to play football. Blount has ran the ball well the past few weeks. It's just a different team.

They are a much improved team but they are probably a year or so away from being a legit contender.
    xkj1985x
    NET Rookie

• The addition of Jeffrey and Blount really gave Wentz the tools he needed. They are a solid team, not great but damn good.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

• Wentz is a baller.
    Hendo66
    NET Veteran

replicant
    NET Rookie

• Kansas City of the NFC sounds about right. They will put up a great regular season record and falter in the playoffs.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• Refs trying to send a message to the Eagles tonight after more than 60,000 signed a petition to ban ref Pete Morelli from officiating Eagles games? I wouldn't put it past them. I fully believe referee crews get butt hurt and hold grudges against teams that call them out or make them look bad...
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• Looks like they just lost Jason Peters to a leg/knee injury. Carted off. Hate to see that happen to anyone.
    FortWorthSeahawk
    USAF BadAss

• Softy awfully confident.

xkj1985x
    NET Rookie

• That is a yes, they are a solid team.
    907Hawk
    NET Rookie

• 907Hawk wrote:That is a yes, they are a solid team.

Yep, just like Kansas City win pretty but have no sack. Look I realize the NNB hates that the Seahawks win ugly but reality is they win. Andy Reid is famous for winning pretty and getting smashed in the mouth by actual tough teams [Pittsburgh) and Philadelphia hasnt changed despite his departure.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• xkj1985x wrote:Softy awfully confident.

He should be as should everyone else. They're soft.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• I'm no expert for sure but it looked to me that the eagles won by relying on the deep pass. I'm happy we have Earl.
    Barakas
    NET Starter

• Josea16 wrote:
    907Hawk wrote:That is a yes, they are a solid team.

Yep, just like Kansas City win pretty but have no sack. Look I realize the NNB hates that the Seahawks win ugly but reality is they win. Andy Reid is famous for winning pretty and getting smashed in the mouth by actual tough teams [Pittsburgh) and Philadelphia hasnt changed despite his departure.

Ive watched this team put up a 6-1 record in the NFL, don't care if KC has no sack. They are legit, and what does NNB mean ?
    907Hawk
    NET Rookie

• Josea16 wrote:
    xkj1985x wrote:Softy awfully confident.

He should be as should everyone else. They're soft.

Alrighty then. lol.
    xkj1985x
    NET Rookie

• 907Hawk wrote:
    Josea16 wrote:
    907Hawk wrote:That is a yes, they are a solid team.

Ive watched this team put up a 6-1 record in the NFL, don't care if KC has no sack. They are legit, and what does NNB mean ?
    Kansas City and Philadelphia are SOFT luckily we will prove it in the Eagles case soon enough. NNB is Negative Nellie Brigade and we seem to 5-10 obvious ones currently. Must be maddening to be embarrassing wrong week by week. But hey, I work 40-45 hours a week and absolutely love teasing this miserable group of guys. Somehow most think it's a God given right to be 15-1 and Superbowl champions 15 straight years. Ridiculous. I watch the AFC and NFCE under protest weekly so yeah both are New Orleans soft version.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

xkj1985x
    NET Rookie

• Uncle Si wrote:Yes. And so are the Panthers

"Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Outside of there DL and maybe Zach Ertz absolutely nothing scares me about the Eagles. I just don't see that offense being able to move the ball up the field on us. Make them put drives together instead of getting big plays and they'll be in trouble.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• They seem to get a lot of yards on back yard football scramble drills, Wentz is pretty tough to sack. Love to take shots which makes me happy Earl Thomas is on this team.

Running game isn't great but they're a good screen pass team. Top offensive line but potentially losing Peters is huge. Ertz could cause some problems but we don't seem to be getting murdered by TE's this year. No WR's worry me.

Very strong DL, average LB and secondary. I'd say the game being in Seattle favors the Hawks. This would be the type of game setting the tone early with solid running would do wonders.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• mistaowen wrote:They seem to get a lot of yards on back yard football scramble drills, Wentz is pretty tough to sack. Love to take shots which makes me happy Earl Thomas is on this team.

Running game isn't great but they're a good screen pass team. Top offensive line but potentially losing Peters is huge. Ertz could cause some problems but we don't seem to be getting murdered by TE's this year. No WR's worry me.

Very strong DL, average LB and secondary. I'd say the game being in Seattle favors the Hawks. This would be the type of game setting the tone early with solid running would do wonders.

Sounds like Peters is going to be out for about a month if the news on his MCL is accurate. May miss the Seahawks game but would be back for the playoffs.

I'm obviously an Eagles fan and have been here for a while but I think your assessment is in large part, correct....I do think the Seahawks win the game just on the fact that it's a home game here and a SNF game to boot.

I will say that Nelson Agholor did beat Sherm a few times last year but dropped two perfect balls. Nelson is a completely different guy this year and playing like the first round pick he was two years ago. Of course, Sherman will likely be covering Alshon most of the time but the way Carson spreads the ball around, you just never know.

Key in that game is going to be the Eagles DL and your OL. Russ is a magician and seems to make things happen even when the OL collapses. Eagles secondary should be in a much better spot then as well with Ronald Darby back and potentially Sidney Jones....still some mystery around that one, though.

Still got 5 1/2 weeks until the game but I see a 7 point Seahawks win.
    xkj1985x
    NET Rookie

• DJrmb wrote:

Refs trying to send a message to the Eagles tonight after more than 60,000 signed a petition to ban ref Pete Morelli from officiating Eagles games? I wouldn't put it past them. I fully believe referee crews get butt hurt and hold grudges against teams that call them out or make them look bad...

Honestly it was great listening to Gruden say flat out "that's just bad officiating" once or twice. Pereira and co. trying to make the sensitive egotistical zebras look competent, don't know what else I should have expected.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• Nevermind...Peters did tear his ACL/MCL. Done for the year.
    xkj1985x
    NET Rookie

• xkj1985x wrote:Nevermind...Peters did tear his ACL/MCL. Done for the year.

Awful news, he's a great player. Joe Thomas going down as well. Tough week for premiere LT's in the NFL.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• JGfromtheNW wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:

Refs trying to send a message to the Eagles tonight after more than 60,000 signed a petition to ban ref Pete Morelli from officiating Eagles games? I wouldn't put it past them. I fully believe referee crews get butt hurt and hold grudges against teams that call them out or make them look bad...

Honestly it was great listening to Gruden say flat out "that's just bad officiating" once or twice. Pereira and co. trying to make the sensitive egotistical zebras look competent, don't know what else I should have expected.

Best part of a Gruden broadcast, listening to him complain about the ticky tack officiating and stoppages.

After another terrible PI call: "This is the NFL isn't it?"

And he's right, there are too many head officials like Hochuli, Morelli and ESPECIALLY Gene Steratore who have to make the game about them and throw 30 flags a game. When your team leads the league in penalties called for like 10 years in a row? It's time for the league to step in and stop the nonsense.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• I'm not really sure how legit the Eagles are. I started to feel bad for the Skins with how many players were getting hurt last night. Made me wonder if they were going to have the bodies to even make it a game by the 4th quarter.

Wentz is looking really good and their offense is doing a great job of simplifying plays/reads for him. I highly doubt that they'll have the same type of production v. our defense, but I was impressed by what he showed last night. He seems pretty tough as well.

Ertz looks like he's one of the top TEs in the league now. An all-around player and fantastic receiver at the position. Locking him down and the secondary keeping plays in front of them is going to be paramount to winning, IMO.

Tough loss for them with Peters being out the remainder of the season.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:Best part of a Gruden broadcast, listening to him complain about the ticky tack officiating and stoppages.

After another terrible PI call: "This is the NFL isn't it?"

And he's right, there are too many head officials like Hochuli, Morelli and ESPECIALLY Gene Steratore who have to make the game about them and throw 30 flags a game. When your team leads the league in penalties called for like 10 years in a row? It's time for the league to step in and stop the nonsense.

:lol: Couldn't agree more. I actually went upstairs and started recording the game on my computer so I could throw some of the Gruden comments together if he continued to harp on the refs.

He's not wrong. :229031_shrug:
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• JGfromtheNW wrote:I'm not really sure how legit the Eagles are. I started to feel bad for the Skins with how many players were getting hurt last night. Made me wonder if they were going to have the bodies to even make it a game by the 4th quarter.

Wentz is looking really good and their offense is doing a great job of simplifying plays/reads for him. I highly doubt that they'll have the same type of production v. our defense, but I was impressed by what he showed last night. He seems pretty tough as well.

Ertz looks like he's one of the top TEs in the league now. An all-around player and fantastic receiver at the position. Locking him down and the secondary keeping plays in front of them is going to be paramount to winning, IMO.

Tough loss for them with Peters being out the remainder of the season.

If Wentz continues to play like what I saw last night? The Eagles aren't just legit, they're the frontrunners to win the whole thing.

Obviously things can change, but they're a complete team. Great D-line, ball hawking secondary, and good WR and RB corp.

O-line's a question mark now without Peters, but they have a 1st rounder that they can move to LT if they want.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• JGfromtheNW wrote:

Ertz has been unable to put it all together so far but he's done that this year and has turned into easily a Top 5 TE target (Top 3?).

Sgt. Largent wrote:
    If Wentz continues to play like what I saw last night? The Eagles aren't just legit, they're the frontrunners to win the whole thing.

Obviously things can change, but they're a complete team. Great D-line, ball hawking secondary, and good WR and RB corp.

O-line's a question mark now without Peters, but they have a 1st rounder that they can move to LT if they want.

Spot on. The secondary is getting healthier but the guys that have played for most of this year (2016 7th Rounder Jalen Mills & 2017 4th Rounder Rasul Douglas) have been very good, well above my expectations. Getting Ronald Darby back next week and HOPEFULLY Sidney Jones at some point could make a fairly weak spot, a position of strength.

The OL is interesting because losing Peters is a disaster. They have Halapoulivaati Vaitai (that's his real name lol). who was a rookie last year and started in place of Lane Johnson when he was suspended and he was more bad than he was good but he played quite well last night in relief of Peters so we will see.

I think they may dip into the pool of trading for a tackle with some out there, mainly because they don't have much depth behind Vaitai.

It does appear, as of October 24th that the NFC is shaping up to be a two-three team race between the Eagles, Rams and Seahawks....long way to go, however. Maybe the Saints but meh....
    xkj1985x
    NET Rookie

• Just read LB Jordan Hicks is out for the season as well. Maybe the resident Eagles fan(s) can correct me, but I believe he was their starting MLB.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• JGfromtheNW wrote:Just read LB Jordan Hicks is out for the season as well. Maybe the resident Eagles fan(s) can correct me, but I believe he was their starting MLB.

That is correct. His issue dating all the way back to college at Texas is he is ALWAYS hurt. When he's out there, he's a playmaker and he is going to be missed big time. Mychal Kendricks will step in and replace him and he's quite good in his own right. That is another position where depth could kill the Eagles because behind Kendricks/Nigel Bradham, they have a bunch of JAGs.
    xkj1985x
    NET Rookie

• Not sure if legit but deadline is Tuesday so we will see....

xkj1985x
    NET Rookie

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:11 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information