Adrian Peterson traded to Arizona

sutz

Reaction score
So, does AZ now have the oldest backfield in the NFL?

:twisted:

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Carson Palmer
Adrian Peterson
Larry Fitzgerald

The Cards are now ready to win the 2008 Super Bowl

chris98251

Reaction score
Vpk0718":1u0leklt said:
Carson Palmer
Adrian Peterson
Larry Fitzgerald

The Cards are now ready to win the 2008 Super Bowl

Nah, team most likely to have the most social security recipients.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
It's easy to crap on the move for a division opponent, but wouldn't you prefer him here? He's probably be a step up from any of our current backs. And may be able to plow through bad blocking the way Lynch did.

The question, of course, is whether he in fact has anything left in the tank. If he does, the Cardinals actually just opened up their offense.

I'm not ready to write them off just yet.

chris98251

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":3u8w1gpq said:
It's easy to crap on the move for a division opponent, but wouldn't you prefer him here? He's probably be a step up from any of our current backs. And may be able to plow through bad blocking the way Lynch did.

The question, of course, is whether he in fact has anything left in the tank. If he does, the Cardinals actually just opened up their offense.

Peterson was never a physical plow back, more a cut and go and great vision with great acceleration.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Not saying I expect him to suddenly improve on the Cardinals, I don't, he's 32, but I wonder how many people here calling Peterson old and saying this move is desperate (which it is, honestly) are among the contingent of fools that said Marshawn was 'beasting' in Oakland a couple weeks ago without realizing they were taken in the same draft.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Makes sense for both sides, IMO.

The Saints get a conditional pick for someone who didn't really fit their scheme and was made expendable by the very stead Ingram and great play by Kamara. Both of them fit the Saints' offense better.

And for a conditional sixth round pick the Cards get a two-down back who fits their scheme really well at a position that has been an absolute disaster for them on the first two downs.

Nothing not to like about this, I think.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Ringless won't even comment on this.
That tells me enough.

ivotuk

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":3j7fmbh0 said:

I have to disagree. Petersen is pretty much done. He and Marshawn have a lot of miles on their bodies, and they are not the elite running backs that they used to be. I read an article where the author calculated that 1,800 carries was the average limit to the lifetime of an NFL Running Back. Now there are some rare ones that are successful beyond that, but not by much.

Marshawn has 2,200 carries and has not looked good of late. AP has 2,400. IMHO, I don't think either one will get beyond 800 yards this year.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Maulbert":nuhjup11 said:
Popeyejones":nuhjup11 said:

Except the fact that he's 32 years old, and older than the guy the Cardinals just cut to make room for him.

But we're talking a conditional 6th round pick, and the guy they cut made his career as a one-dimensional speed guy but doesn't have speed anymore.

For a conditional 6th rounder and the loss of a guy who was given the keys to the position and averaged 2.5 YPC with them, I just don't see how anyone can dislike this.

Maybe it doesn't work, but it's literally zero risk.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Pretty funny,

Johnson was cut hours later.. only after Johnson tweets that Peterson needs more touches.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Popeyejones":184gdg4n said:
Maulbert":184gdg4n said:
Popeyejones":184gdg4n said:

Except the fact that he's 32 years old, and older than the guy the Cardinals just cut to make room for him.

But we're talking a conditional 6th round pick, and the guy they cut made his career as a one-dimensional speed guy but doesn't have speed anymore.

For a conditional 6th rounder and the loss of a guy who was given the keys to the position and averaged 2.5 YPC with them, I just don't see how anyone can dislike this.

Maybe it doesn't work, but it's literally zero risk.

Agreed, it makes sense with practically zero risk.

ringless

Reaction score
I personally think it was a bad decision to bring him in. Giving up any draft capital, and or money for a player when you are not a true competitor to me is just taking away from the future. I'd rather the Cards crap the bed this year, then spend anything of value on a player like this.

They have to know they just aren't a good team this year. I always saw this year as a year of transition. Bad move.