Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Adrian Peterson traded to Arizona

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Adrian Peterson traded to Arizona
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:00 am

Re: Adrian Peterson traded to Arizona
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:02 am
  • So, does AZ now have the oldest backfield in the NFL?

:twisted:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:13 am
  • AP has nada left in the tank
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:33 am
  • Carson Palmer
    Adrian Peterson
    Larry Fitzgerald

The Cards are now ready to win the 2008 Super Bowl
    Vpk0718
    NET Starter

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:57 am
  • Desperate move by Arians, and he'll bring nothing but more disfunction to the team. Love it!
    "The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."---LP Hartley
    Trenchbroom
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:25 am
  • Their GM must think its still 2009
    12thbrah
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:44 am
  • Vpk0718 wrote:Carson Palmer
    Adrian Peterson
    Larry Fitzgerald

The Cards are now ready to win the 2008 Super Bowl

Nah, team most likely to have the most social security recipients.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:55 am
  • It's easy to crap on the move for a division opponent, but wouldn't you prefer him here? He's probably be a step up from any of our current backs. And may be able to plow through bad blocking the way Lynch did.

The question, of course, is whether he in fact has anything left in the tank. If he does, the Cardinals actually just opened up their offense.

I'm not ready to write them off just yet.
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:06 am
  • WindCityHawk wrote:It's easy to crap on the move for a division opponent, but wouldn't you prefer him here? He's probably be a step up from any of our current backs. And may be able to plow through bad blocking the way Lynch did.

The question, of course, is whether he in fact has anything left in the tank. If he does, the Cardinals actually just opened up their offense.

Peterson was never a physical plow back, more a cut and go and great vision with great acceleration.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:28 am
  • Cards end up 7-9, if that
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:57 am
  • Not saying I expect him to suddenly improve on the Cardinals, I don't, he's 32, but I wonder how many people here calling Peterson old and saying this move is desperate (which it is, honestly) are among the contingent of fools that said Marshawn was 'beasting' in Oakland a couple weeks ago without realizing they were taken in the same draft.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:31 am
  • Makes sense for both sides, IMO.

The Saints get a conditional pick for someone who didn't really fit their scheme and was made expendable by the very stead Ingram and great play by Kamara. Both of them fit the Saints' offense better.

And for a conditional sixth round pick the Cards get a two-down back who fits their scheme really well at a position that has been an absolute disaster for them on the first two downs.

Nothing not to like about this, I think.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:19 pm
  • What's Arizona's child protection laws Like? Too soon?
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:01 pm
  • Ringless won't even comment on this.
    That tells me enough.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:21 pm
  • Popeyejones wrote:Nothing not to like about this, I think.

Except the fact that he's 32 years old, and older than the guy the Cardinals just cut to make room for him.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:01 pm
  • WindCityHawk wrote:It's easy to crap on the move for a division opponent, but wouldn't you prefer him here? He's probably be a step up from any of our current backs. And may be able to plow through bad blocking the way Lynch did.

I have to disagree. Petersen is pretty much done. He and Marshawn have a lot of miles on their bodies, and they are not the elite running backs that they used to be. I read an article where the author calculated that 1,800 carries was the average limit to the lifetime of an NFL Running Back. Now there are some rare ones that are successful beyond that, but not by much.

Marshawn has 2,200 carries and has not looked good of late. AP has 2,400. IMHO, I don't think either one will get beyond 800 yards this year.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:57 am
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:Nothing not to like about this, I think.

Except the fact that he's 32 years old, and older than the guy the Cardinals just cut to make room for him.

But we're talking a conditional 6th round pick, and the guy they cut made his career as a one-dimensional speed guy but doesn't have speed anymore.

For a conditional 6th rounder and the loss of a guy who was given the keys to the position and averaged 2.5 YPC with them, I just don't see how anyone can dislike this.

Maybe it doesn't work, but it's literally zero risk.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:05 am
  • Pretty funny,

Johnson was cut hours later.. only after Johnson tweets that Peterson needs more touches.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:55 am
  • Popeyejones wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:Nothing not to like about this, I think.

But we're talking a conditional 6th round pick, and the guy they cut made his career as a one-dimensional speed guy but doesn't have speed anymore.

For a conditional 6th rounder and the loss of a guy who was given the keys to the position and averaged 2.5 YPC with them, I just don't see how anyone can dislike this.

Agreed, it makes sense with practically zero risk.
    Fire Tom Cable
    xgeoff
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:02 am
  • I personally think it was a bad decision to bring him in. Giving up any draft capital, and or money for a player when you are not a true competitor to me is just taking away from the future. I'd rather the Cards crap the bed this year, then spend anything of value on a player like this.

They have to know they just aren't a good team this year. I always saw this year as a year of transition. Bad move.
    ringless
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:34 am
  • Popeyejones wrote:

Anyone who has been around AP the last few years know it is not "zero" risk.

He has been a negative influence on his team, coaches and players. He's selfish, constantly a distraction and not interested in anything that does not benefit him first... and he's just not good anymore. Maybe you make concessions for an in-form Randy Moss in New England coming back to MN. He isn't that.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:15 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:
    WindCityHawk wrote:It's easy to crap on the move for a division opponent, but wouldn't you prefer him here? He's probably be a step up from any of our current backs. And may be able to plow through bad blocking the way Lynch did.

I have to disagree. Petersen is pretty much done. He and Marshawn have a lot of miles on their bodies, and they are not the elite running backs that they used to be. I read an article where the author calculated that 1,800 carries was the average limit to the lifetime of an NFL Running Back. Now there are some rare ones that are successful beyond that, but not by much.

Marshawn has 2,200 carries and has not looked good of late. AP has 2,400. IMHO, I don't think either one will get beyond 800 yards this year.

Sample size is way too small to call him toast. He has just over 60 carries over the last 20 regular season games. Part of that is due to injury (2015, he only appeared in 3 games), and part of that is scheme fit (NO requires complete backs, AP is not that -- he was routinely subbed out in passing downs for McKinnon in Minnesota).

Now, on the other hand, AP is 32, and we all know what happens to running backs after they hit age 30.

Still, I think it's really premature to say he's worthless. I'm not writing off a generational RB talent because of 60 carries. That's, for all intents and purposes, a 3-game regular season stretch of being ineffective. I wouldn't mind this move at all if we were Arizona.
    JimmyG
    NET Rookie

Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:26 pm
  • Trenchbroom wrote:Desperate move by Arians, and he'll bring nothing but more disfunction to the team. Love it!

Would you like to amend this statement? :lol:
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:43 pm
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:11 pm
  • Looking forward to the Seahawks defense turning AP back into a locker room cancer!
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
    :: Theodore Roosevelt
    daketah
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:14 pm
  • Trenchbroom wrote:Desperate move by Arians, and he'll bring nothing but more disfunction to the team. Love it!

Good call
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:55 pm
  • :hmmmm:

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:56 pm
  • JimmyG wrote:
    ivotuk wrote:
    WindCityHawk wrote:It's easy to crap on the move for a division opponent, but wouldn't you prefer him here? He's probably be a step up from any of our current backs. And may be able to plow through bad blocking the way Lynch did.

Sample size is way too small to call him toast. He has just over 60 carries over the last 20 regular season games. Part of that is due to injury (2015, he only appeared in 3 games), and part of that is scheme fit (NO requires complete backs, AP is not that -- he was routinely subbed out in passing downs for McKinnon in Minnesota).

Now, on the other hand, AP is 32, and we all know what happens to running backs after they hit age 30.

Still, I think it's really premature to say he's worthless. I'm not writing off a generational RB talent because of 60 carries. That's, for all intents and purposes, a 3-game regular season stretch of being ineffective. I wouldn't mind this move at all if we were Arizona.

Good Call..
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:25 pm
  • Tampa Bay's secondary absolutely soiling the bed helped, but yeah, AP looked good.
    Fire Tom Cable
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:27 pm
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:30 pm
  • Running like that behind their terrible line, well done AP.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:09 am
  • AP showed that he has something left in the tank. Wow...Cards look a lot better now. It seems the NFC West could be up for grabs now with Rams, Cards, and Seahawks.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:32 am
  • I wouldn't overreact to one game against a horrible defense.
    Danger Zone
    Archer
    NET Starter

Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:49 am
  • Adrian has never been your typical world-class athlete. I remember how quickly he came back from an ACL tear a few years ago, it was inhuman. He's not a guy I'd use the "he's over 30 so he can't be a good RB" logic on. He's more of a Curtis Martin, I think.
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:15 am
  • nanomoz wrote: He's more of a Curtis Martin, I think.

Ehh, he's a bit more reliant on his athletic ability than was a guy like Curtis Martin, who I'd say was more similar to guys like Emmitt Smith or Frank Gore TBH. These types of guys could keep on playing after their physical ability started to go because their games were always based on patience, vision, and understanding schemes and defenses (and where space was going to open up before it did) in a way that most people can't.

Peterson is (or was) basically a beautiful blend of power, speed, and agility with a devastating jump cut -- he was like the best parts of a power back and the best parts of a speed back all rolled into one, but was practically useless outside of a downhill inside zone scheme. Luckily, that's exactly the scheme the Cardinals run.

None of this means he's done -- he's an otherworldly athlete -- but if or when that physical ability goes (and it still seemed to be there yesterday he's very, very done, IMO.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:49 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information