Bowman on the block..who gets him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Just heard he was released today. That should put him on waivers.

Edit to Add link:

[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000860799/article/niners-release-veteran-linebacker-navorro-bowman[/urltargetblank]

kidhawk

Reaction score
I don't see us taking on that contract. The only way we get him is if no team takes on his contract by grabbing him off waivers...even then there are other places he could end up with more need than us who would likely pay more for him than we could

LolaRox

Reaction score
kidhawk":3ivbswgx said:
I don't see us taking on that contract. The only way we get him is if no team takes on his contract by grabbing him off waivers...even then there are other places he could end up with more need than us who would likely pay more for him than we could
I don't think he is subject to waivers. If he was released today, he becomes a FA.

Why did Niners want to get rid of him? It seems like he was a still a good player and leader for their young team and they aren't in salary cap trouble.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":wk8xhchy said:
Do we get him?

You said it in your first post...his PT has been reduced by Brock freaking Coyle. That should be enough incentive to stay away.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
LolaRox":3veycprz said:
kidhawk":3veycprz said:
I don't think he is subject to waivers. If he was released today, he becomes a FA.

Why did Niners want to get rid of him? It seems like he was a still a good player and leader for their young team and they aren't in salary cap trouble.

Apparently Bowman asked to be released.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/CamInman/status/918933051635200002[/tweet]

BlueBlood

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":3ei8ibsr said:
Pass. Wilhoite is the better 'bang for your buck' ex-9er.

Bowman is 29 and is a run stuffing machine. Wilhoite can come in on passing downs if need be.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
BlueBlood":16r7aidq said:
JGfromtheNW":16r7aidq said:
Pass. Wilhoite is the better 'bang for your buck' ex-9er.

Bowman is 29 and is a run stuffing machine. Wilhoite can come in on passing downs if need be.

Wilhoite is a bad football player, he should not be in on any down. He is so out of place on our defense it kind of makes me laugh.

Bowman would be a fine SLB, but he will be attractive to teams as a FA. I don’t see us bidding.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Apparently they were set to trade with an unnamed team, but Bowman balked at that, so I can only assume he has a list of teams he'll play for and that team wasn't on it.

[urltargetblank]http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/13/report-49ers-shopping-navorro-bowman/[/urltargetblank]

BlueBlood

Reaction score
kidhawk":28fq7ju8 said:
Apparently they were set to trade with an unnamed team, but Bowman balked at that, so I can only assume he has a list of teams he'll play for and that team wasn't on it.

[urltargetblank]http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/13/report-49ers-shopping-navorro-bowman/[/urltargetblank]

I think hed love to come here and by now he must know that Seattle fans as a whole are classy. I doubt he's holding much in the way of animosity .

If we can't get the online and running game to be consistent we can at least try to make up an impenetrable defense.

2_0_6

Reaction score
IIRC he was pissed and probably still is about the handful of Seattle fans that dumped popcorn on him as he went through the tunnel in the NFCCG on a cart.

massari

Reaction score
Bowman starting over Wilhoite would be nice, even though PFF is saying he's having a pretty bad season thus far:

-Bowman currently ranks 43rd with a run defense grade of 70.2 but when he’s been able to get past blocks he’s had success at limiting production from opposing ball carriers. His 13 total run defense stops are the fifth-most among 55 qualified linebackers while his 8.9 run stop percentage ranks 21st.

-Bowman ranks 63rd among linebackers this season with just a 45.0 overall grade. He was only on the field for 251 snaps in 2016 but he finished last season with an 85.4 overall grade and he finished every season between 2011-2013 with overall grades of at least 88.0.

RS Bowman Elite BW 1 768x432

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":19dse6qw said:
IIRC he was pissed and probably still is about the handful of Seattle fans that dumped popcorn on him as he went through the tunnel in the NFCCG on a cart.
That was one classless fan. Don't believe the Niner fan narrative that 3,000 fans all threw popcorn on him. Watch that video and look at how the popcorn enters the screen.

rlkats

Reaction score
Man pre injury Bowman was a stud. The injuries have slowed him down sad to say. He is a great leader, I hope he lands with a team where he has a chance to get a ring. His play this season does not show he is a 3 snap LB anymore. Man I’m stunned it happened this way. But not surprised that this happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.