Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Bowman on the block..who gets him?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Bowman on the block..who gets him?
Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:19 pm

Re: Bowman on the block..who gets him?
Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:22 pm

Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:23 pm
  • Do we get him?
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:26 pm
  • I don't see us taking on that contract. The only way we get him is if no team takes on his contract by grabbing him off waivers...even then there are other places he could end up with more need than us who would likely pay more for him than we could

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:30 pm
  • Raiders.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:48 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:I don't see us taking on that contract. The only way we get him is if no team takes on his contract by grabbing him off waivers...even then there are other places he could end up with more need than us who would likely pay more for him than we could

I don't think he is subject to waivers. If he was released today, he becomes a FA.

Why did Niners want to get rid of him? It seems like he was a still a good player and leader for their young team and they aren't in salary cap trouble.
    LolaRox
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:48 pm
  • Cyrus12 wrote:Do we get him?

You said it in your first post...his PT has been reduced by Brock freaking Coyle. That should be enough incentive to stay away.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:13 pm
  • LolaRox wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:I don't see us taking on that contract. The only way we get him is if no team takes on his contract by grabbing him off waivers...even then there are other places he could end up with more need than us who would likely pay more for him than we could

I don't think he is subject to waivers. If he was released today, he becomes a FA.

Why did Niners want to get rid of him? It seems like he was a still a good player and leader for their young team and they aren't in salary cap trouble.

Apparently Bowman asked to be released.

JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:14 pm
  • Pats, or Cowboys
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

Navaro, Wagner, Wright
Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:19 pm
  • Ya??? No???
    BlueBlood
    NET Veteran

Re: Navaro, Wagner, Wright
Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:20 pm
  • Nah
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:21 pm
  • Pass. Wilhoite is the better 'bang for your buck' ex-9er.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:23 pm
  • JGfromtheNW wrote:Pass. Wilhoite is the better 'bang for your buck' ex-9er.

Bowman is 29 and is a run stuffing machine. Wilhoite can come in on passing downs if need be.
    BlueBlood
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:27 pm
  • BlueBlood wrote:
    JGfromtheNW wrote:Pass. Wilhoite is the better 'bang for your buck' ex-9er.

Bowman is 29 and is a run stuffing machine. Wilhoite can come in on passing downs if need be.

Wilhoite is a bad football player, he should not be in on any down. He is so out of place on our defense it kind of makes me laugh.

Bowman would be a fine SLB, but he will be attractive to teams as a FA. I don’t see us bidding.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:29 pm
  • Apparently they were set to trade with an unnamed team, but Bowman balked at that, so I can only assume he has a list of teams he'll play for and that team wasn't on it.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/13/report-49ers-shopping-navorro-bowman/

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:37 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:Apparently they were set to trade with an unnamed team, but Bowman balked at that, so I can only assume he has a list of teams he'll play for and that team wasn't on it.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/13/report-49ers-shopping-navorro-bowman/

I think hed love to come here and by now he must know that Seattle fans as a whole are classy. I doubt he's holding much in the way of animosity .

If we can't get the online and running game to be consistent we can at least try to make up an impenetrable defense.
    BlueBlood
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:40 pm
  • IIRC he was pissed and probably still is about the handful of Seattle fans that dumped popcorn on him as he went through the tunnel in the NFCCG on a cart.
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:26 pm
  • Bowman starting over Wilhoite would be nice, even though PFF is saying he's having a pretty bad season thus far:

-Bowman currently ranks 43rd with a run defense grade of 70.2 but when he’s been able to get past blocks he’s had success at limiting production from opposing ball carriers. His 13 total run defense stops are the fifth-most among 55 qualified linebackers while his 8.9 run stop percentage ranks 21st.

-Bowman ranks 63rd among linebackers this season with just a 45.0 overall grade. He was only on the field for 251 snaps in 2016 but he finished last season with an 85.4 overall grade and he finished every season between 2011-2013 with overall grades of at least 88.0.

massari
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:28 pm
  • Hawk_Nation wrote:IIRC he was pissed and probably still is about the handful of Seattle fans that dumped popcorn on him as he went through the tunnel in the NFCCG on a cart.

That was one classless fan. Don't believe the Niner fan narrative that 3,000 fans all threw popcorn on him. Watch that video and look at how the popcorn enters the screen.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:36 pm
  • Man pre injury Bowman was a stud. The injuries have slowed him down sad to say. He is a great leader, I hope he lands with a team where he has a chance to get a ring. His play this season does not show he is a 3 snap LB anymore. Man I’m stunned it happened this way. But not surprised that this happened.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:48 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Hawk_Nation wrote:IIRC he was pissed and probably still is about the handful of Seattle fans that dumped popcorn on him as he went through the tunnel in the NFCCG on a cart.

That was one classless fan. Don't believe the Niner fan narrative that 3,000 fans all threw popcorn on him. Watch that video and look at how the popcorn enters the screen.

And wasn't it like five kernels?
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:34 pm
  • From what it looked like Ray Ray Armstrong and Brock Coyle outplayed him and Reuben Foster is coming back from injury this week and in his short time of play he made Bowman look like he was running in quicksand. Sad to see him go though fan favorite and a team leader but we are setting ourselves up for the future so it make sense. I think the Packers pick him up.
    SF49r
    NET Starter

Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:52 pm
  • Coyle was significantly under-rated by fans here. Perhaps it was due to playing next to Bobby and K.J. Perhaps it was his college pedigree. He certainly isn't Bowman in his prime, but he is probably better than this year's Bowman model.
    Fire Tom Cable
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:46 pm
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    Hawk_Nation wrote:IIRC he was pissed and probably still is about the handful of Seattle fans that dumped popcorn on him as he went through the tunnel in the NFCCG on a cart.

We’re two posts away from it having never happened at all. Well done! :lol:

As for Bow, it really doesn’t matter for the 9ers either way and Baake ridiculously overpaid him on his way out the door so it was going to have to happen eventually, but it still sucks. One of my favorite 9ers memories will probably always be Bowman ending the game with a 95 yard interception return at th last game at Candlestick.

Staley is really the only man standing from that era of the team anymore.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:52 pm
  • I hope he goes to a this-year type contender. He's a great player nearing the end and it'd be good to see him go out on a high note.
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:08 pm
  • He couldn't beat out former Seahawk backup - Brock Coyle. That tells me that he's probably done. Pass.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:24 pm
  • Probably my favorite Niner. Never like seeing a player get hurt, but seeing him go down like he did in Seattle still makes me a little more sad than for most opponents. I don't think he ever regained that edge that he had before the injury.
    Fire Tom Cable
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:56 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:

It looked like a bunch of popcorn that feel from his hand to his mouth.. LOL Bowman is not pissed about that.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:56 pm
  • Keep seeing people talk about Coyle taking his job and that's not entire accurate. Coyle was spelling Bo a bit on a few series, Bo was still the starter. The starter to replace Bo will be Reuben Foster, not Coyle. Starters will be Foster, Armstrong, and Harold. They also have Malcolm Smith on IR for possible role next year.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:14 pm
  • Popeyejones wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:

As for Bow, it really doesn’t matter for the 9ers either way and Baake ridiculously overpaid him on his way out the door so it was going to have to happen eventually, but it still sucks. One of my favorite 9ers memories will probably always be Bowman ending the game with a 95 yard interception return at th last game at Candlestick.

Staley is really the only man standing from that era of the team anymore.

Well...... reading the other site you post at, some (not saying you) acted like it was the buffet table full of food plus the table itself, when it was some popcorn. Watch the video for clarification.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:23 pm

Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:04 am
  • i can't see him signing here. Besides the cap problem, he's a 3-4 inside backer.

At present the.team is more likely looking to figure out how to add an experienced OT with little cap available to allow that to happen.

Bowman would be a luxury add in a situation where fitting what he would want to be paid under the cap very tough..
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:42 am
  • Popeyejones wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:

That's because it barely did.

Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:03 am
  • LolaRox wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:I don't see us taking on that contract. The only way we get him is if no team takes on his contract by grabbing him off waivers...even then there are other places he could end up with more need than us who would likely pay more for him than we could

Ego, ego of their new head coach. Kyle Shanahan is quickly losing his locker room and wanted to make a statement to his players by cutting Bowman, a veteran leader in 9er's unhappy locker.
    toffee
    NET Rookie

Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:04 am
  • toffee wrote:
    LolaRox wrote:

Ego, ego of their new head coach. Kyle Shanahan is quickly losing his locker room and wanted to make a statement to his players by cutting Bowman, a veteran leader in 9er's unhappy locker.

Lol. That's funny.

Not even remotely true. They have been trying to trade Bo for some time. He's not close to the same guy he was. Now requested his release. Niners had a trade to team he didn't want to go to and they granted himself m his release when he said so.

Spinning this as ego of Shanahan is ludicrous. Big name players past their prime being let go is a hallmark of a rebuild. Reuben Foster will be the new QB on D. If you watched them play briefly side by side you could see it was inevitable.

And the losing the locker room? Lol. Yeah. Ok. Keep dreaming.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:03 am
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:That was one classless fan. Don't believe the Niner fan narrative that 3,000 fans all threw popcorn on him. Watch that video and look at how the popcorn enters the screen.

Proves mine and others point.

Sad to watch a warrior like Bowman get carted off like that however. One of the few Niner players on that team I respected at the time.

In his prime he was a baller!

Horriible call by the officiating crew on that play as well, though Lynch fumbled a play or 2 later so it didn't effect the score.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:51 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:

Proves mine and others point.

Sad to watch a warrior like Bowman get carted off like that however. One of the few Niner players on that team I respected at the time.

In his prime he was a baller!

Horriible call by the officiating crew on that play as well, though Lynch fumbled a play or 2 later so it didn't effect the score.

I want to say there was another angle of this, fans were jumping up and down celebrating and the popcorn was knocked out of someone's hand.
    FlyHawksFly
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:18 pm

Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:23 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:Keep seeing people talk about Coyle taking his job and that's not entire accurate. Coyle was spelling Bo a bit on a few series, Bo was still the starter. The starter to replace Bo will be Reuben Foster, not Coyle. Starters will be Foster, Armstrong, and Harold. They also have Malcolm Smith on IR for possible role next year.

Coyle is about as good of a back-up MLB as a team could ask for. On teams with losy defenses, he'd even be an upgrade at the position for starter.
    "We have an opportunity to win multiple Super Bowls."
    -Russell Wilson
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:59 pm
  • I don't even know of a good fit for him. Kansas City? Pittsburgh? Tennessee?
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:45 am
  • hawkfan68 wrote:He couldn't beat out former Seahawk backup - Brock Coyle. That tells me that he's probably done. Pass.

The notion that Coyle "beat him out" is nonsense. Coyle played 33% of the snaps against the Colts. Bowman played 76%.

What was really going on is Bowman was throwing a tantrum because he was getting pulled out at all. He actually was getting more snaps than any other linebacker. The issue was that the coaching staff wanted him rested and fresh for the duration of the season, so they limited him to a reasonable amount of snaps, and they wanted to see what the younger guys had. He took umbrage at the notion that he needed rest to stay effective- and he probably saw the writing on the wall with Foster next season likely taking his position.

In any event, when it was all said and done, Bowman said he would simply accept it and shut up if a suitable trade could not be found, but Lynch and Shanahan, especially Lynch, felt it had gone too far, and that him staying would only make him simmer inside (potentially hurting the locker room). Bowman didn't like any of the trades that were available, and Lynch and Shanahan, out of respect for Bowman, granted his release instead so he could choose where he was to go (as opposed to being traded to the Browns or Bears, or some shithole like that).

So that is what actually happened. No, Bowman was not beat out by anyone (except Reuben Foster, who would have stolen his reps anyway when he got back from injury).
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:50 am
  • bigskydoc wrote:Coyle was significantly under-rated by fans here. Perhaps it was due to playing next to Bobby and K.J. Perhaps it was his college pedigree. He certainly isn't Bowman in his prime, but he is probably better than this year's Bowman model.

Last game Coyle played 33% of the snaps. Bo played 76% of them. So no. This narrative that Coyle was outplaying Bo and stealing his job is dumb. What was happening is that REUBEN FOSTER was about to permanently steal Bo's job, even if he just played beside him for THIS season, his natural fit is MLB and Bo's demise to Foster was only a matter of time. In the meantime, Bo was being limited to roughly three fourths of the snaps on defense (STILL MORE THAN ANY OTHER LINEBACKER ON THE TEAM), which he felt was an insult.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:55 am
  • LolaRox wrote:

(1) They have Reuben Foster and Malcolm Smith. In 2018, those two would have been the starters no matter what (and based on pre-injury information, those two probably would have been the starters by the end of 2017, if not sooner, had Smith not gone down. By all accounts, Malcolm Smith was on fire in camp).

(2) When a player getting 75% or more of the defensive snaps is complaining about playing time, is that really something you want to rebuild a franchise on?

(3) When Reuben Foster returned, Bowman's 75% snap count would likely drop further, and if he's already mad about 75%, what is he going to do at 60%? 50%?

(4) Bowman's future contract years far outpace is performance.

(5) Lynch, based on his own experience with a similar situation, felt that once a player gets to this point there is no going back and mending it. Coming to work every day angry will infect the locker room no matter how hard you try to keep it internally, like Bowman no doubt would have. He reportedly agreed even to shut his mouth about it if a good trade wasn't found, but Lynch at that point had decided to nip it in the bud, both for Bowman's sake and for the team's sake.

So there you have it.

Marvin49 wrote:
    toffee wrote:
    LolaRox wrote:

Lol. That's funny.

Not even remotely true. They have been trying to trade Bo for some time. He's not close to the same guy he was. Now requested his release. Niners had a trade to team he didn't want to go to and they granted himself m his release when he said so.

Spinning this as ego of Shanahan is ludicrous. Big name players past their prime being let go is a hallmark of a rebuild. Reuben Foster will be the new QB on D. If you watched them play briefly side by side you could see it was inevitable.

And the losing the locker room? Lol. Yeah. Ok. Keep dreaming.

You would have to call Lynch and Shanahan straight up liars to say that. Did you watch their recent conference? They said they were the only two with power to shop players, and that as of this week that was the ONLY time they shopped him.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:49 pm
  • The Hawks had to part with Lofa too. This happens to players like Bowman. Painful as it is for some fans teams need to move on at some point.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:32 pm
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:

A fair amount more than that IIRC; you can easily hold like 10-15 in a handful? Maybe 20? IDK.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:47 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:

A fair amount more than that IIRC; you can easily hold like 10-15 in a handful? Maybe 20? IDK.

But knowing how fat Seattle people are, it was probably only the dregs remaining in the bag, so it was unlikely to be more than a few. ;)
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:24 am
  • FlyHawksFly wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:

I want to say there was another angle of this, fans were jumping up and down celebrating and the popcorn was knocked out of someone's hand.

We have our winner!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Le me make this easier on you guys:

Bowman was getting carted off and someone who was a Seahawks fan acted like a big POS.

That's it. That's all. You can stop circling the wagons.

Remember that 9ers fan who punched the other dude in the bathroom? The one who people here used to argue that 9ers fans writ-large were miscreants and thugs (and other dog whistles)? That guy was a HUGE POS.

Or how about the Chiefs fan yelling a racial slur at Pryor, or the Steelers fan using the same racial slur directed at Tomlin. Those two people are huge Pieces of S too.

What about that Eagles fan who threw a battery at Kordell Stewart? Guess what: Huge POS.

If you assemble 80K people there are gonna be some major Pieces of S among them. It doesn't matter the fanbase.

Being SO tribal that you twist yourself into knots when some random person who happens to root for the same team as you acts like a POS only reflects poorly on you.

Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:28 am
  • Popeyejones wrote:
    FlyHawksFly wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:

Bowman was getting carted off and someone who was a Seahawks fan acted like a big POS.

Remember that 9ers fan who punched the other dude in the bathroom? The one who people here used to argue that 9ers fans writ-large were miscreants and thugs (and other dog whistles)? That guy was a HUGE POS.

Or how about the Chiefs fan yelling a racial slur at Pryor, or the Steelers fan using the same racial slur directed at Tomlin. Those two people are huge Pieces of S too.

What about that Eagles fan who threw a battery at Kordell Stewart? Guess what: Huge POS.

If you assemble 80K people there are gonna be some major Pieces of S among them. It doesn't matter the fanbase.

Being SO tribal that you twist yourself into knots when some random person who happens to root for the same team as you acts like a POS only reflects poorly on you.

Excellent post.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:28 pm
  • Just heard he's signed a one-year deal with the Raiders

kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:48 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:
    FlyHawksFly wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:

Excellent post.

More like excellent over reaction and a whole lot of assumptions.
    FlyHawksFly
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:26 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information