Tony Romo is a Broadcasting Phenom!

ivotuk

Reaction score
This guy is fun to listen to! He's real, his Love of the game comes through in his voice, and he's informative. Dude really knows the game, and he lets you inside the huddle and the calls.

I'm nut the first to notice this, sometime posted a couple of weeks ago, but couldn't find the post. This is the 4th time I've heard him, and it doesn't matter who's playing, he makes the game interesting.

ESPN is missing the boat with Matt Hasselebeck, who is a lot of fun to listen to, should be calling games. But maybe like his early NFL career, his ego is getting in his way.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ivotuk":y08ezi5l said:
This guy is fun to listen to! He's real, his Love of the game comes through in his voice, and he's informative. Dude really knows the game, and he lets you inside the huddle and the calls.

I'm nut the first to notice this, sometime posted a couple of weeks ago, but couldn't find the post. This is the 4th time I've heard him, and it doesn't matter who's playing, he makes the game interesting.

ESPN is missing the boat with Matt Hasselebeck, who is a lot of fun to listen to, should be calling games. But maybe like his early NFL career, his ego is getting in his way.
He (Romo) is better than I thought he'd be.

chris98251

Reaction score
He has a Madden like take on how he broadcasts, refreshing in that it doesn't sound all PC and scripted.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Romo is a good dude. Always was hated by this board and others bout choking but his #s in late games and in December were always solid. He is great to listen to.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
For some reason, his voice grates on me. He more than makes up for it with content. I love how he talks about scheme and X's and O's that would otherwise require watching the all-22 to appreciate.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
chris98251":lqwnc6uv said:
He has a Madden like take on how he broadcasts, refreshing in that it doesn't sound all PC and scripted.
Except way less obvious; not so much of the "Well, he ran for some yards there!" and "Wow, that pass was on point; he caught it!" type of stuff. :lol:

Also...I hate the term "phenom," or rather, how people pronounce it. ERMAHGERD, HE'S A FEENAHM!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2uyo9908 said:
For some reason, his voice grates on me. He more than makes up for it with content. I love how he talks about scheme and X's and O's that would otherwise require watching the all-22 to appreciate.
Yeah, the voice is odd, but he brings a pretty good analysis to the broadcast. I think he made the right choice.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
As good of a commentator as he was at holding the ball on field goals. Better than rex Ryan I guess...

chris98251

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1vh7d42d said:
chris98251":1vh7d42d said:
Except way less obvious; not so much of the "Well, he ran for some yards there!" and "Wow, that pass was on point; he caught it!" type of stuff. :lol:

Also...I hate the term "phenom," or rather, how people pronounce it. ERMAHGERD, HE'S A FEENAHM!

Well Madden had a way of expressing himself as NFL for Dummies at times, but his scheme analysis was always great and don't forget the BOOM.