Would you take a flier on Martavius Bryant?

Would you want Martavius Bryant?

• Sign me up, make it happen!

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Meh, I think we should look at other options.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Were good with our WR core as we sit.

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Hell no, hes garbage.

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters

2_0_6

Reaction score
Sure he has past suspension issues, but he is obviously unhappy in Pittsburgh. With him being an UFA after this season, Im sure the price tag to land him would be minimal.

I would LOVE to see him lining up on the outside and taking McEvoys roster spot.

Thoughts?

massari

Reaction score
Seems like a bit of a diva.
DMyu9itWAAA69gR

For a mid round pick, I'd take the chance on him. Would even consider trading Paul Richardson for him straight up, but probably wouldn't.

This is what CBS SPORTS says about Bryant coming here:

I like Paul Richardson and Tyler Lockett as much as the next guy. Maybe even more than the next guy. But Bryant would be a perfect fit next to Doug Baldwin and Jimmy Graham. He could stretch the defense and would give the Seahawks a much-needed red-zone threat. This team needs to sell out to a pass-heavy, fast-paced approach. Bryant's addition would make that much easier.

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/10/23/steelers-martavis-bryant-belittles-rookie-teammate-misses-mandatory-team-meeting/?utm_term=.7ebee728a1de[/urltargetblank]

This kind of thing isn't going to be helping him much either. If you really want out, you do the right thing and let it play out. Missing meetings and calling out teammates on twitter isn't helping his trade value, especially with his history.

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
I know he's had past issues, but could he really be worse than what McEvoy is bringing to the team?

massari

Reaction score
If he comes in and doesn't mesh well with Baldwin / Wilson / Carroll, then let him walk after the season and collect the comp pick.

Would definitely take a chance on him for a late 3rd round pick.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":15bfam8e said:
I know he's had past issues, but could he really be worse than what McEvoy is bringing to the team?

Yes...yes he could be worse (maybe not less talented, but worse for the team, absolutely...not only has he had past issues which could easily jeopardize him playing but he also is showing that he doesn't really handle not getting his way very well either.

massari

Reaction score
kidhawk":1txqngj1 said:
Hawk_Nation":1txqngj1 said:

Yes...yes he could be worse (maybe not less talented, but worse for the team, absolutely...not only has he had past issues which could easily jeopardize him playing but he also is showing that he doesn't really handle not getting his way very well either.
They won a Super Bowl with the toxic Harvin, though. He only makes 700k, if he gets suspended it's not too big of a deal.

McEvoy+3rd for Bryant.

kidhawk

Reaction score
massari":4uh58nzz said:
kidhawk":4uh58nzz said:
Hawk_Nation":4uh58nzz said:

They won a Super Bowl with the toxic Harvin, though.

Harvin spent most of his time not playing for the Seahawks that year. It's not like he was suiting up week in and week out. And to be fair, at least his toxicity he kept in house while he was here. Not quite as public as we are seeing with Bryant right now.

Mizak

Reaction score
This dude only wants what he wants. Does he care about Stealers or the team that he might be dealt to?

Stealers should trade him to Browns or 49ers. He'll definitely get what he wants.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
kidhawk":2k81mmkv said:
massari":2k81mmkv said:
kidhawk":2k81mmkv said:
Hawk_Nation":2k81mmkv said:

They won a Super Bowl with the toxic Harvin, though.

Harvin spent most of his time not playing for the Seahawks that year. It's not like he was suiting up week in and week out. And to be fair, at least his toxicity he kept in house while he was here. Not quite as public as we are seeing with Bryant right now.

This. Whether Harvin was on the team or not, that championship is ours. If Bryant were released outright and not asking for an incredible amount of money, I'd say sure, take a chance on him. Using a 3rd round pick on him though after using our 2nd on Sheldon Richardson? No thanks.

massari

Reaction score
Bryant vs Seahawks:
[youtube]eY7HXgo-zqg[/youtube]

[youtube]STuPc03zMpM[/youtube]

Interview:
[youtube]D2GTsBLbYiA[/youtube]

Pie Romania

Reaction score
massari":379mwsgu said:
Bryant vs Seahawks:

I was well aware of his capabilities on the field when I posted. That isn't the issue I have with him.

massari

Reaction score
Pie Romania":3t6pnqqm said:
massari":3t6pnqqm said:
Bryant vs Seahawks:

I was well aware of his capabilities on the field when I posted. That isn't the issue I have with him.
Didn't even see your post before you mentioned.

If the Seahawks trade their late 3rd rounder for him and things don't work out, they'll get a comp pick back when he signs with another team this off season. He only makes 700k, so why not take a chance to get this guy with enormous potential...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Our OC doesn’t know how to use the weapons we have, adding a very talented primadonna WR isn’t going to help the offense if the offensive coaches don’t know how to use him...

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I don't blame him for wanting out of Pitts. After all look who is qb is...Bryant has a lot of upside and could do well here but as pointed out our oc can't utilize talent and the headache factor might be too much. He will go elsewhere and do well if he can stay off the pipe...

getnasty

Reaction score
Bryant might be a top 10 talent in the league but I just don't see him being happy here either.