Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Would you take a flier on Martavius Bryant?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

Would you want Martavius Bryant?

Sign me up, make it happen!
21%
Meh, I think we should look at other options.
8%
Were good with our WR core as we sit.
29%
Hell no, hes garbage.
42%

Total votes : 24

• Sure he has past suspension issues, but he is obviously unhappy in Pittsburgh. With him being an UFA after this season, Im sure the price tag to land him would be minimal.

I would LOVE to see him lining up on the outside and taking McEvoys roster spot.

Thoughts?
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

• Seems like a bit of a diva.

For a mid round pick, I'd take the chance on him. Would even consider trading Paul Richardson for him straight up, but probably wouldn't.

This is what CBS SPORTS says about Bryant coming here:

I like Paul Richardson and Tyler Lockett as much as the next guy. Maybe even more than the next guy. But Bryant would be a perfect fit next to Doug Baldwin and Jimmy Graham. He could stretch the defense and would give the Seahawks a much-needed red-zone threat. This team needs to sell out to a pass-heavy, fast-paced approach. Bryant's addition would make that much easier.
    massari
    NET Veteran

• I haven't changed my mind since the previous thread

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=140244

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• How about Hell No he is a head case?
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• Percy Harvin but instead of injuries suspensions.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I know he's had past issues, but could he really be worse than what McEvoy is bringing to the team?
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

• If he comes in and doesn't mesh well with Baldwin / Wilson / Carroll, then let him walk after the season and collect the comp pick.

Would definitely take a chance on him for a late 3rd round pick.
    massari
    NET Veteran

• Hawk_Nation wrote:I know he's had past issues, but could he really be worse than what McEvoy is bringing to the team?

Yes...yes he could be worse (maybe not less talented, but worse for the team, absolutely...not only has he had past issues which could easily jeopardize him playing but he also is showing that he doesn't really handle not getting his way very well either.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• kidhawk wrote:
    Hawk_Nation wrote:I know he's had past issues, but could he really be worse than what McEvoy is bringing to the team?

Yes...yes he could be worse (maybe not less talented, but worse for the team, absolutely...not only has he had past issues which could easily jeopardize him playing but he also is showing that he doesn't really handle not getting his way very well either.

They won a Super Bowl with the toxic Harvin, though. He only makes 700k, if he gets suspended it's not too big of a deal.

McEvoy+3rd for Bryant.
    Last edited by massari on Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    massari
    NET Veteran

• massari wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:
    Hawk_Nation wrote:I know he's had past issues, but could he really be worse than what McEvoy is bringing to the team?

They won a Super Bowl with the toxic Harvin, though.

Harvin spent most of his time not playing for the Seahawks that year. It's not like he was suiting up week in and week out. And to be fair, at least his toxicity he kept in house while he was here. Not quite as public as we are seeing with Bryant right now.

kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Reminds me a little of T. J. Houshmandzadeh. :?
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• This dude only wants what he wants. Does he care about Stealers or the team that he might be dealt to?

Stealers should trade him to Browns or 49ers. He'll definitely get what he wants.
    Mizak
    NET Rookie

• kidhawk wrote:
    massari wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:

They won a Super Bowl with the toxic Harvin, though.

Harvin spent most of his time not playing for the Seahawks that year. It's not like he was suiting up week in and week out. And to be fair, at least his toxicity he kept in house while he was here. Not quite as public as we are seeing with Bryant right now.

This. Whether Harvin was on the team or not, that championship is ours. If Bryant were released outright and not asking for an incredible amount of money, I'd say sure, take a chance on him. Using a 3rd round pick on him though after using our 2nd on Sheldon Richardson? No thanks.
    Pie Romania
    NET Rookie

• Bryant vs Seahawks:

Interview:
    massari
    NET Veteran

• massari wrote:Bryant vs Seahawks:

I was well aware of his capabilities on the field when I posted. That isn't the issue I have with him.
    Pie Romania
    NET Rookie

• Pie Romania wrote:
    massari wrote:Bryant vs Seahawks:

I was well aware of his capabilities on the field when I posted. That isn't the issue I have with him.

Didn't even see your post before you mentioned.

If the Seahawks trade their late 3rd rounder for him and things don't work out, they'll get a comp pick back when he signs with another team this off season. He only makes 700k, so why not take a chance to get this guy with enormous potential...
    massari
    NET Veteran

• Our OC doesn’t know how to use the weapons we have, adding a very talented primadonna WR isn’t going to help the offense if the offensive coaches don’t know how to use him...
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I don't blame him for wanting out of Pitts. After all look who is qb is...Bryant has a lot of upside and could do well here but as pointed out our oc can't utilize talent and the headache factor might be too much. He will go elsewhere and do well if he can stay off the pipe...
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• Bryant might be a top 10 talent in the league but I just don't see him being happy here either.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• First he will never get the touches to make him happy, we spread the ball all over and then we have the fact that our OC would try to make him a pick up truck on a Indy race course.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Trade Lane for Bryant. Cut McEvoy if we need a roster spot. Between Bryant and Graham Russ will have some huge redzxone targets and maybe we keep whoever is clicking best in the playoffs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:07 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information