Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Ravens @ Dolphins

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Ravens @ Dolphins
Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:45 pm
  • Matt Moore at QB for Miami. Ravens 3 point favorites, seems about right, even though Miami looks a little better on paper with being 4-2
    skater18000
    NET Veteran

Re: Ravens @ Dolphins
Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:15 pm
  • skater18000 wrote:Matt Moore at QB for Miami. Ravens 3 point favorites, seems about right, even though Miami looks a little better on paper with being 4-2

Agree the 3 points sounds right, but I like the Dolphins straight up.
    907Hawk
    NET Rookie

Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:36 pm
  • 907Hawk wrote:
    skater18000 wrote:Matt Moore at QB for Miami. Ravens 3 point favorites, seems about right, even though Miami looks a little better on paper with being 4-2

Agree the 3 points sounds right, but I like the Dolphins straight up.

Matt Moore is an underrated backup. He has a rating of over 100 each of the last 3 seasons, a positive career TD-Int ratio (+11), and is 15-13 as a starter. Would I want him to start for my team? No, but that's the definition of a backup, and he’s one of the best. As John Clayton has stated on many occasions, a good backup will come off the bench and win you 3 straight games, but then lose you the next 3. That is Matt Moore to a t.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:44 pm
  • I think the Ravens' color rush uniforms might be an improvement on their normal ones.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:48 pm
  • Flacco is a goner. That was brutal. I'd expect Moore to get murdered shortly.
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:05 pm
  • Sucks being a defensive player anymore. Literally cannot hit/tackle anyone anymore. Wanna protect the QB? Slide early.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just like your opinion...man." - The Dude
    CHawkTailGator
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:23 pm
  • CHawkTailGator wrote:Sucks being a defensive player anymore. Literally cannot hit/tackle anyone anymore. Wanna protect the QB? Slide early.

Sorry, that was a dirty hit. Flacco was sliding.

"Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:37 pm
  • Momentum. He'll get fined+suspension but damn, he's a paid shark and saw red. Split second shit.
    Love, Peace & Elbow Grease. Let's ROLL, Hawks!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:58 pm
  • Matt Moore, too short. :p

Baltimore is where old Seahawks RBs go to excel. ;) And probably where ACFan is now.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:53 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:Matt Moore, too short. :p

Baltimore is where old Seahawks RBs go to excel. ;) And probably where ACFan is now.

Matt Moore is 6'3". Are you thinking of Kellen Moore? He's listed at 6' even, but the rumor is that he's closer to 5'11".

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:56 pm
  • Take a closer look, he's not even feet first. Flacco wanted the first down and to be protected. You can't have it both ways.

Russ starts sliding yards before the defender.

At slow speed it looks bad, but this game is not played in slow motion. You want protection, Qb's need to not get greedy
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just like your opinion...man." - The Dude
    CHawkTailGator
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:10 pm
  • Yeah, I'm not sure how dirty that was, he was coming in what appeared to be full speed and Flacco tried to slide LATE.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:00 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Yeah, I'm not sure how dirty that was, he was coming in what appeared to be full speed and Flacco tried to slide LATE.

Agreed. Was it a penalty per the current rules? Yes. Was it dirty? No, Flacco has to own his part of getting a bit too greedy for yards and paying the price.
    Milehighhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:34 am
  • That was not a slide. That was reactionary attempt at getting into a fetal position after realizing (too late) that you're gonna get hit. You don't get to be a ball carrier then decide at the last split second that you're "sliding" and should be protected.

Personally, I think they should get rid of the whole slide rule. It leaves QBs in a vulnerable position.
    Mindsink
    NET Rookie

Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:03 am
  • The slide wasn't that late, that defender could have let up when he realized the slide was happening. But he took the opportunity to blast Flacco in the side of the head.

It's football, and its not my QB, so I don't care that much. But that Kiko guy knew what he was doing.

It made the game more entertaining, and then it led to the complete meltdown later with Suh and the eye poker guy, lol. So all in all some entertaining football. :lol:
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:48 am
  • Milehighhawk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Yeah, I'm not sure how dirty that was, he was coming in what appeared to be full speed and Flacco tried to slide LATE.

Agreed. Was it a penalty per the current rules? Yes. Was it dirty? No, Flacco has to own his part of getting a bit too greedy for yards and paying the price.

If it wasn't dirty, Alonso sure didn't seem to show an ounce of remorse about nearly killing someone. He knew exactly what the hell he was doing. He tracked Flacco's helmet the whole way and turned his shoulder to line it up. If he didn't think Flacco was going to slide, he would have attempted to wrap up instead of driving downward with his arms pulled in.

253hawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:24 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:The slide wasn't that late,

Did you watch it again at full speed? And you still think that?
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:42 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:The slide wasn't that late,

The fact is, when Flacco started sliding, if Alonso didn’t have time to react, his shoulder wouldn't have made contact with Flacco's head. He aimed down as Flacco slid. If he didn't have time, he would have gone over Flacco instead slamming into him.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:21 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:The slide wasn't that late,

Ive seen it way too many times, yea. I dont think it was that late. :Dunno:
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:39 pm
  • QBs know defenders want to put a good lick on 'em. Don't wait so long to slide.

I'd liken it to "You mess with the bull, you get the horns."
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:27 am
  • 253hawk wrote:
    Milehighhawk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Yeah, I'm not sure how dirty that was, he was coming in what appeared to be full speed and Flacco tried to slide LATE.

If it wasn't dirty, Alonso sure didn't seem to show an ounce of remorse about nearly killing someone. He knew exactly what the hell he was doing. He tracked Flacco's helmet the whole way and turned his shoulder to line it up. If he didn't think Flacco was going to slide, he would have attempted to wrap up instead of driving downward with his arms pulled in.

I didnt watch the game but Russ has been hit just as bad with NO flag while sliding before maybe not at that angle but he has def taken a few shots with no call

"Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does"
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:36 am
  • I don't think it was that dirty of a hit, but Alonso should have pulled up when Flacco started going down. It's a bang-bang play at full speed, but he continues to drive down with his shoulder/head, rather than show any type of restraint.

It was a bad move by Flacco, sliding late and putting his head on a tee like that. Unfortunately when the defender doesn't let up at all and makes contact with the head that's gonna be a 15 yard penalty every time. I just feel bad for Joe the person. Dude was hailing a cab/asking for his check on the moon it looked like.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:04 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information